short seasons

Smaller nations with few teams in the league usually have shorter seasons, unless the format is a convoluted one with extra rounds, playoffs etc.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Iceland, with 12 clubs and 22 games is one of the shortest.

For the first two seasons Argentina has short seasons - 27 then 25 games I believe. But then it goes up to something stupid like 46, then down to 42, then 38 which is where it stays at. Those 40+ game seasons if you're in continental competitions end up with something like 14 games in a month in February and March though. If you tend to only play a couple of seasons though, then Argentina would be a good bet.

A-League is 27 games (plus finals series which is 2 or 3 games depending where you finish). We also have the FFA Cup which runs from pre-season to mid season and has 5 rounds, plus the Asian Champions League has 2.5 spots, that usually begins in February/March. Overall you're looking at a minimum of 28 games with a max of about 42 games if you go distance in all those comps (which would be quite an achievement cause only one Australian side has ever won the ACL).

1 hour ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

A-League is 27 games (plus finals series which is 2 or 3 games depending where you finish). We also have the FFA Cup which runs from pre-season to mid season and has 5 rounds, plus the Asian Champions League has 2.5 spots, that usually begins in February/March. Overall you're looking at a minimum of 28 games with a max of about 42 games if you go distance in all those comps (which would be quite an achievement cause only one Australian side has ever won the ACL).

Sorry, I am a Phoenix fan, we get one game in FFA Cup, 27 A-League games, and what are these other tournaments you speak of ?  :lol:

Archived