FM on a Macbook Pro.

I'm getting a new Macbook Pro, I'm not really much of a gamer but I do love FM (thought it's been years since I played). I'll be getting a model with 16gb Ram and an 2.3GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5 (might upgrade to i7 tho). Just curious if there's anyone who has played FM on a Macbook Pro? How many leagues can you load and run smoothly etc. I'm aware I'll probably have to turn down the 3d match details but that' doesn't really bother me. 

I've been playing on a Macbook Pro for years now and it's absolutely fine. I did a journeyman save I had all the major European leagues playable and I think I had the players from South America and Africa and the game ran fine. Runs probably better than I've ever had it run on a windows setup. I've not had any problems running 3D either, however I prefer to watch 2D. 

That said, I think I've got the i7, but again, I bought mine 4 years ago...

I think you'll be fine

I used to play on a late 2016 macbook w/i7 16gb ram and Radeon pro 450. It's playable but it often heats up and lags when simulating 3d matches. I usually loads around 15 leagues and it's a bit slow but still playable. Personally i think if you are going to play games mac isn't ur best option in terms of performance and value

It very much depends on what your opinion of running smoothly. I have a MacBook Pro 2016 and a save where I’m running close to 30 leagues across 10 countries which for me is comfortable.

My current save is only running 12 leagues from 5 countries and the gaps between matches is much noticeably quicker.

Like others have mentioned it runs hot when processing 3D matches but I believe from what I’ve read elsewhere is related to the Retina display

On 30/09/2018 at 22:40, into_the_wild said:

I'm getting a new Macbook Pro, I'm not really much of a gamer but I do love FM (thought it's been years since I played). I'll be getting a model with 16gb Ram and an 2.3GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5 (might upgrade to i7 tho). Just curious if there's anyone who has played FM on a Macbook Pro? How many leagues can you load and run smoothly etc. I'm aware I'll probably have to turn down the 3d match details but that' doesn't really bother me. 

You should be fine. I sometimes carry my game to my old ass 2011 Macbook pro to play when I travel, and it runs fine. I do turn the 3D match right down though, otherwise the machine will heat up and ready to take off.

I play on a Macbook Air and as everyone has said, the heat is an issue. But my friend would play with a similarly aged (2011-13) Macbook Pro and whilst he'd have heat, it would be less and it would handle more leagues and the graphics far better. I normally have about 33,000-35,000 player database so if you're using a more current model you'll be fine with a bigger database size than that I'd imagine. 

• 1 month later...

I'm playing on a MacBook Pro at the moment, late 2016 model and it's fine.

I don't push the graphics capability as I like 2d and I only play FM touch so not huge database.

My PC is better (when it works) so I wouldn't swap full time, but I've had no issue.

Using a MacBook Pro 13” early 2015 on low settings to watch 3D.

Also have to turn off Retina Display. FM runs smooth then. 

I use TG Pro on Mac to control my fan speed to have the fan kick in earlier to control the temps. 

Sorry to go off topic, but I was wondering if other Mac users are suffering from a UI glitch I’m experiencing:

No matter where the assist is generated, the assist chart analysis will not show it to have originated from the central area below the penalty box. So it’s either the penalty box or the wings. 

Anyone using a Mac experiencing this as well? 

810D6921-EAFA-4324-B01A-C0F667EC6E3D.png

@divij13 

I don't know if its a Mac specific glitch, but I noticed it and when it didn't disappear after the beta I made a thread (with screenshots of an assist that should register there, because I don't know what a pkm is or how to upload it). Might help them out if you post there and upload your save as well. 

21 hours ago, macca72 said:

I'm playing on a MacBook Pro at the moment, late 2016 model and it's fine.

I don't push the graphics capability as I like 2d and I only play FM touch so not huge database.

My PC is better (when it works) so I wouldn't swap full time, but I've had no issue.

But how is the 3D action on the pro

• 4 months later...

Archived