Player role combinations

That is a nice resource. Thanks.

However, I imagine similar resources won't emerge about FM 2019 until during the month of November. In fact, a quick googling of FM2018 shows a good deal of articles posted on the internet were made during the month of November 2017 and also the next month.

There will also be a good deal immediate of tactical analysis posted on this forum I suspect.

2 hours ago, herne79 said:

Do you mean like the stickied thread at the top of the forum called FM18 New Roles Explained?

Similar - that thread does a good job of explaining the new roles but doesn't suggest roles you can use around them to create balance or maximise their effect.

2 minutes ago, Sly419 said:

Similar - that thread does a good job of explaining the new roles but doesn't suggest roles you can use around them to create balance or maximise their effect.

You can use any role you like, so long it balances with the rest of your set up.  That guide you linked above is just somebody's opinion, it's not a set of hard and fast rules.

I don't mean this to sound odd (sorry if it does), but why do you need some guide to suggest roles for you?  Why not just try things out?

But having said that I can understand that sometimes people want a little nudge in the right direction (although the "right direction" is very subjective and there's more than one right direction anyway).  Perhaps the new tactic presets in FM19 will give you some ideas?

If you search the forum by keyword for mezzala or carrilero etc you will usually find that someone (like cleon) has written a piece about them which will include the right type of player... (ppms and attributes) as well as a tactic built around them. 

5 hours ago, herne79 said:

You can use any role you like, so long it balances with the rest of your set up.  That guide you linked above is just somebody's opinion, it's not a set of hard and fast rules.

I don't mean this to sound odd (sorry if it does), but why do you need some guide to suggest roles for you?  Why not just try things out?

But having said that I can understand that sometimes people want a little nudge in the right direction (although the "right direction" is very subjective and there's more than one right direction anyway).  Perhaps the new tactic presets in FM19 will give you some ideas?

Doesn't sound odd at all - and like you said it's all opinion and that's why I like to read stuff like that to get an idea of what ideas other people have in terms of partnerships within roles. I use it all to help when I try my own stuff out.

Archived