Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, KUBI said:

There is no general injury bug in the game. Every manager has to accept and deal with it. Injuries are part of the game. Some have more luck than others, but that's how it is.

Match injuries are down as a known issue for being above expected levels. fyi

vor 2 Minuten schrieb GunmaN1905:

Yeah, played like 10 games in a season and half of my squad got injured, every single one of them during the match.

Are you managing in a top league? Did not see that in the lower leagues in my game.

For those of you who've played through multiple transfer windows, how long does it take a transfer offer to 'reset'?   I've put in bids for a player that haven't gone anywhere because we weren't able to agree personal terms; after the first accepted bid collapsed the selling team tacked on a non-negotiable 50% of next sale clause.  Is that just gonna sit there in perpetuity?

Ive seen play brought back for a foul and yellow card when play soon broke down after (really nice touch, that didnt happen on 18 did it?) 

But do we know if they also have retrospective bookings next time play goes out, if the advantage works beneficially and play isnt brought back? One of my players seemed to get away with a bookable foul where the ref had signalled advantage. 

I seem to be regularly sending my front two clean through on goal together, yet I don't think I've ever once seen one square it for the other. I have seen them hit it at the keeper about 40 times.

Nowhere near the bug reporting level, because it still might be either selective memory or it might be e.g. confined to non-league football. 

That said, has anyone seen they players square it across a keeper for a tap in? Not the same as a cross to unmarked back post, which I have seen.

Despite this, I feel its the best ME, probably just because I haven't yet accidentally stumbled upon this year's glitch tactic yet.

2 hours ago, oulzac said:

Anyone else having issues with the menu changes not sticking between game boot ups? I changed the menu how I wanted it the other day. Turned the game on now and its back to default order.

If you go to Preferences -> Interface Menu untick the 'Highlight Important Panels on Overview' option and the game should stop swapping the panels over. (Though as others have said the option might not be working correctly at the moment, but turning it off should mean they'll stop changing when the bug has been fixed).

Before raising it as a bug in the bugs forum, a question to you guys. I have been playing in all sorts of tactics, with different defensive and engagements lines. I want to play with an AMC in the centre spot behind a striker but so far the AMC hardly scores goals or assists in the way one would expect him to. I have used almost every role and have had several saves already. Nothing works.

Changing the focus to through the middle does not work etc. I want to be able to make my AMC the player who sets the inside forwards and strikers to work but it just seems this ME is not AMC minded (I am not interested in left or right amc). Through the middle play just seems impossible in a 4-2-3-1

So has anyone been able to make the AMC the centre of your attacking play?

34 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

When you get a scout that has finished his assignment, when you then click to 'acknowledge' it doesn't confirm it. 

I like the way the cards are done, like when you click to keep scouting you still have to acknowledge it, where in 18 was click one button and done, this I actually don't mind. Took bit of getting used to though.

But another minor gripe, though I know it's because of transfer window being locked, I can't send a player to my affiliate club.

A question about affiliate clubs, mine has 4 LL affiliates and I was wondering is there the possibility for players to climb their way all the way through?

Edited by toffee71

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

Is anyone else having problems with strikers? I'm 6 games in and Lacazette and Aubameyang haven't scored yet. My team are ignoring the runs they make and it's really frustrating me.

8 injuries in those 6 games too. This needs fixing

What formation are you playing?  I haven't gotten Lacazette going, but Aubameyang has four in four for me.

1 minute ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

What formation are you playing?  I haven't gotten Lacazette going, but Aubameyang has four in four for me.

4-2-3-1 currently with Auba as the lone striker. I'm winning comfortably, but my CB's and midfielders/wingers are scoring. I might as well not bother playing a striker

7 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

I'm 6 games in and Lacazette and Aubameyang haven't scored yet.

I'm not playing as Arsenal, but they just walloped Fulham 8-0, Aubameyang got 5. My striker not scoring but contributing few assists, wouldn't mind but he's a poacher, but irl he's struggling as well.

Edited by toffee71
poor grammar

4 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

Is anyone else having problems with strikers? I'm 6 games in and Lacazette and Aubameyang haven't scored yet. My team are ignoring the runs they make and it's really frustrating me.

Drop iwobi and guendouzi :lol::lol::lol:

This has to be tactic based... Ive even got morata getting goal per game ratio. Are you allowing auba space to use that pace? Lower line of engage with pass into space, more direct passes? Youd think he will score in any setup, so none in 6 is strange...but i guess if youve gone gegen or vertical tika taka its not playing to his skill set.

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

4-2-3-1 currently with Auba as the lone striker. I'm winning comfortably, but my CB's and midfielders/wingers are scoring. I might as well not bother playing a striker

I haven't had much luck getting a lone striker scoring, but strike partnerships seem pretty good.   Most of my goals from strikers have come from a 4-4-2 narrow diamond formation.

3 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Drop iwobi and guendouzi :lol::lol::lol:

This has to be tactic based... Ive even got morata getting goal per game ratio. Are you allowing auba space to use that pace? Lower line of engage with pass into space, more direct passes? Youd think he will score in any setup, so none in 6 is strange...but i guess if youve gone gegen or vertical tika taka its not playing to his skill set.

Auba has plenty of space to run into but my team just ignore the pass to play it out wide.  I'm winning comfortably, but my team just ignores the striker.

14 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

I have another issue.

My strikers get into chances but absolutely bottle it.

I've had Icardi score 50 goals a season for years, but now both him and Martinez act like Morata in front of goal. Still need testing though.

But thing that's terrible yet again and I'm sure someone already  mentioned it are wide set pices just outside of area. Short-corners if you will.
15 players within the 5m box. And there's no options to change your setup for indirect free kicks except for go forward. They take it literally, both mine and opposition players.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

What is this new leadership course about? Who would it benefit most? What does it consist of?

image.thumb.png.2bcc4a60d045dcce9b6600c593e2784f.png

Sending a player on one of those is how you might try to improve a player's Leadership.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, RobertPage said:

I've only played 1 game since the update but had 5 injuries. I'm guessing ill be better off waiting for this fix. I cant afford to lose a load of players to injuries as a mid table team

No changes have been made to injuries in the update.

• SI Staff

To temper some expectations:

Match injuries are currently high. Training injuries are not.

Having 9 players out injured at once is unfortunate but not unrealistic. Suffering injuries in successive matches is unfortunate but not unrealistic. Remember to compare yourself to the AI teams, if your numbers are wildly different there is a good chance it is because either a) your players are particularly prone to injury and/or b) it is a result of your inputs, eg. training, tactics, etc.

Match injury numbers are under review.

23 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

7 games in. Lacazette finally scores, although it was from a set piece. Auba gets a 6.4. Average rating of 6.52. 

Ozil gets injured, hip injury. Out for 3 months. That's 9 injuries in 7 games. 2 broken arms and 2 hip injuries so I have four long term casualties. I think that's me done with the BETA.

Can anyone from SI confirm what types of things the "Encourage" shout is supposed to be the equivalent of saying?

I would have thought it would be a fairly uncontroversial thing to say to your players, but in my (limited experience) it only ever frustrates them. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it is supposed to be.

As an aside, does things like "push up" change tactics or PIs at all?

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Per Annum said:

Can anyone from SI confirm what types of things the "Encourage" shout is supposed to be the equivalent of saying?

I would have thought it would be a fairly uncontroversial thing to say to your players, but in my (limited experience) it only ever frustrates them. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it is supposed to be.

As an aside, does things like "push up" change tactics or PIs at all?

Head over to the ME forum, the guys you're asking are unlikely to see this posted here :thup:

Not a gripe, but something else I love in this new world of discovery, just gave my first aggressive team talk and told them they will all be in tomorrow for training, the players were fired up, and my AM put it on the schedule for me LOVE IT, especially as it was my negative tactic to try to avoid a hiding away to Chelsea and we only lost 1-0 but we didn't have a shot on target (1st time I think this has happened to me) we matched them possession wise and out fought them, lost to a deflected goal lowest player rating was 6.4, so they didn't even do that badly. Football...........what a beautiful game.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, toffee71 said:

Not a gripe, but something else I love in this new world of discovery, just gave my first aggressive team talk and told them they will all be in tomorrow for training, the players were fired up, and my AM put it on the schedule for me LOVE IT, especially as it was my negative tactic to try to avoid a hiding away to Chelsea and we only lost 1-0 but we didn't have a shot on target (1st time I think this has happened to me) we matched them possession wise and out fought them, lost to a deflected goal lowest player rating was 6.4, so they didn't even do that badly. Football...........what a beautiful game.

Telling the players that they are going to be in for training tomorrow in a team talk and this being scheduled as such by the AM for the following morning is one of my favourite little additions :)

#injured ?? 

Seems the bug isn't very wide-spread. 

If I was in SI's shoes, I would say that the injury bug was noted just to try and stop the usual release posters from banging on about it. I'm not at all saying that is what they are doing, just that it is what I would do.

Untitled.png

Edited by Per Annum

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Thanks Seb, Any reason to not send the whole squad? I don't see a negative to this

Not everyone will be available (if they are it might be a bug worth raising please) and more importantly it takes time away from training. Leadership course = no individual training.

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

Not everyone will be available (if they are it might be a bug worth raising please) and more importantly it takes time away from training. Leadership course = no individual training.

Ahh crap. Just sent half my team lol. Can/will some players fail? Will some players find it completely useless? I.e sending a player like Balotelli on a course like this could be complete waste of time for everyone

Edited by corn_onthecurb

22 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

I think it's the timing, when you see a player applaud a team mate for something that didn't quite work, it doesn't frustrate them, can't remember exactly what it says but it is positive, I quite often encourage after a goal and it can go either way, or maybe it's your own manager stats when setting up, I tend to go high motivating.

32 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Also I noticed when beating a rival (or any team) significantly there's a press conference regarding a day off as a reward to the players, low and behold there was no training automatically scheduled for the next day when I agreed with the journalist. Great little addition 

1 hour ago, ajw10 said:

7 games in. Lacazette finally scores, although it was from a set piece. Auba gets a 6.4. Average rating of 6.52. 

Ozil gets injured, hip injury. Out for 3 months. That's 9 injuries in 7 games. 2 broken arms and 2 hip injuries so I have four long term casualties. I think that's me done with the BETA. 

Try playing without an attacking midfielder.  Go to 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-4.  I haven't found Ozil to be particularly influential so far.

Can we get the in game sound fixed finally, please. Doesn't matter if you have it set to 1 or 10, it comes out at 11. Its nonsense this hasn't been fixed yet. Its been like this for years.

Too many goals coming from set pieces, both in the Youtube official videos, and my own play.

Other than that, largely positive. I would say that in role descriptions, text contrast / clarity is poor and ask that this could be improved?

One other teensy thing - when replay of goals we get crowd noise repeated - its a bit irritating.

Edited by Lord Rowell