(FM19) Dario Argento presents: 'Saving Football 2: Vivere e Frodare in Italia'

Deisler26

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Deisler26 Congrats on a amazing season!!

In other news,I've started sorting my backroom staff out properly,I've already sacked and bought in a new chief scout.I then sacked my Head of Youth Development and Director of football and replaced them with these two!

LqLrMV2.png?1

Ty6mBYN.png?1

Next on the chopping block are the Head Physio,Head of Sport Science and Chief Data Analyst.No mercy off me!!

Definitivo.png

Santarcangelo Calcio 1926

2021/22 Pre-Season Depth Chart

So, each season, I will post up a depth chart of the players in my main formation. It will consist of First Team, Backup & Youth... if I have them. We cleaned out the last of the non-academy players from the entire club, so we're running on academy only from now on. As for depth charts, the most movement has been on defense with a new #1 and completely new full back depth with our previous first choice RB falling to third choice, due to some stellar performances by the young backups. 

Goalkeeper

Andrea Baratella

Raffaele Grassi

Pierpaolo Sau

Right Back                                                                                                           Centre Back                                                                                                       Centre Back                                                                                       Left Back

Michael Fratoni                                                                        Matteo Alvisi                                                                            Igor Cardini                                                          Cristian Fiocchi

Loris Comastri                                                                       Nunzio Enchisi                                                                         Aldo Ranieri                                                              Igor Zoloffi

Federico Fabbri                                                                       Cristian Resca                                                                         Marco Petrini                                                           Igor Cardini 

Defensive Midfield

Gennaro Criscuolo

Ivan Malpezzi

Federico Fusi

Right Midfield                                                                                                       Centre Midfield                                                                                                 Centre Midfield                                                                                 Left Midfield

Juri Orlandini                                                                             Alberto Coscia                                                                         Luca Rossi                                                             Andrea Carlucci

Daniele Battistotti                                                                         Federico Fusi                                                                          Larry Issa                                                                Roberto Landi

Omar Caroli                                                                Luigi Vivani

Striker

Cristian Montinaro

Oscar Ascione

Mattia Di Maio

The biggest issue is the lack of depth in the midfield. We can move players to play there for the odd game, but they're not legitimately part of the depth chart. As for forwards, we've replaced two of the non-academy players in last season's striking depth chart with our own, which is a big plas.

iKU5VS3.png

Down the road by the mountains. Behind the trees that covered the lake. All the way around that very lake.
And then back the same way. Around the lake on it's dirt path. Out into the open summer sun.
And then the worst part. Up the road by the mountains. God.. what a horrid feeling that was.
No shade.  Just pure sunlight all the way up. Pure torture.

Well, it wasn't so bad for Alfaro, but maybe it was a bit of a harsh warm-up to the match with just about 15 minutes to kickoff. 
"Ah! Who cares, another margarita señorita!" he shouted to no one from his plastic chair located in the shade as he blew smoke-rings. 

The friendly would later be cancelled as only 5 of the players made it to the arena in time for the game.

"C'est la vie.." Alfaro uttered as he left the grounds.

iKU5VS3.png

bqk0pcx.png

Alfaro Romeu, named such by a passionate car-fanatic with the catchy name Ferraro Lamborghinio, was a fan of hard training.
Especially, when he could stand in the shade of a tree looking at the players as he smoked his cigars, cigarettes, pipes, joints and so on.
That was when he was at his most relaxed. This inner peace would only be broken occasionally from the events on the training pitch.
Mostly, when a ball got close enough to  frustrate the 74 year old manager who'd choose one of several solutions to the nagging problem.

Numero uno was his favorite.
He'd gather the players in a circle and ask them who kicked the ball his direction.
Then, very diplomatically, he'd simply kick the ball with all his power at the person who had the most votes on him.
This would, however, from time to time leave him with a hamstring injury. So option 1, 'la diplomatica', as he preferred it called, was all too rarely a possibility.

Numero dos was a less fun solution but had the completely same concept.
Only this time he'd order his assistant, Maximuss Abibou Babou Dave, to kick the ball at the player.
If the vote was tied between any number of players there'd be taken a kick for each player involved in the tie. Was only fair and good sport. 

Other options involved burning players with cigars, puncturing the ball, spitting on shoes while uttering "your mother makes **** coffee!
Does she even know how to spell Espresso!?" among other creative and inspirational disciplinary actions.

Alfaro was a fine man. And an even better lover, but more about that another time.

iKU5VS3.png

5SbYNYD.png

Maximuss Abibou Babou Dave, his assistant, had come from the French club, ES Cannet-Rocheville, after having been forced from the town and ultimately country after fraud in the books in his local bakery.
Having tried to - and succesfully managed to - buy players from the bakery's "academy dù croissants" for millions from the lower league clubs tranfer budget. 
Given the general level of the players at the club, and in the league, months went before the officials and teammates realized and took action.

Coming to "Académie des Fraudes" in Italy however would not prove to be a rebirth of his reputation that had suffered a devastating blow.
It was already non-existant, though, so how bad could it really be. All that really happened was being thrown out of France and France wasn't even that great in the first place.
It was much better to go to Italy. 

You'll see. You'll understand.

Much greatness await Maximuss.
At my signal, unleash hell.

iKU5VS3.png

Welcome to Arezzo, Tuscany.

676a50c15443f13bcd458c0f39de4ccf.png

A club with a beautiful logo, located in the magnificent region of Tuscany.

All too often overlooked by the big brothers, Florence, Siena and to some extent Lucca.

Alfaro Romeu is here to change that.

99f7678ef9931c1fdc98780212d1477a.png

Not the most illustrious recent history. Having never been in the best tier in Italy, I guess you could stretch that to in any extent of history.

We need to change that as well. 

a346eb7fbe5188f5b926565e5aa0bc8d.png

Manuel Pasqual of Empoli is an icon. Marvelous.

And for some weird reason we have a lot of rivals despite our insignificant history. 

We are also predicted to be 2nd. We have a good squad no doubt, so should be realistic.

08a812294907dc387dec3a3952c7e573.png

stadio2.jpg

Nicely sized stadium!

Other facilities needs quite a bit of work.

6365f070b699ddbeaeac9d005495a4c5.png

And then we have the tactics.

Remember to just appreciate the beauty of the FM14 edition.

2f95b1d347a251b524b67c2ad7709a9f.png   512a843234b195d9a055bae207f67900.png   dfa3e4c3190cc90d4902b4365323e94f.png

At some other point we'll dive deeper into the ideas behind.

For now though it's just to give an idea of Alfaro's phlosophy. 

MzAZojf.jpg

San Marino Calcio - Serie A

Pre-Season - 2022/23

Season Preview - Board's Expectations

Transfers - Released

Leaving the club was one player on loan,one who retired,one who was sold and eighteen who were released,replacing them were twelve players to give us a but more depth.The reason I sold Krapikas was that he was unhappy and ranked as second best keeper behind Boeckh,also Montenegro joined the EU which led us to signing Petkovic as the new number two as this didn't take up a EU spot and was cheaper in wages.The Wullschleger signing was one I was eyeing up for next year but he handed a transfer request in as he wasn't getting games so I signed him up for £2.1 million which was £400k less than the asking price.

Pre-Season Fixtures

n917SIX.png?1

Only the three fixtures to boost morale and increase fitness as we have a tough game away to Juventus as first game of the season.

The Team

First Team

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Under 20's

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Under 18's

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Key Players

Nelson Medina

I knew about this player back when I was in Serie B when I knew I wanted him,tried to sign him last season and he wasn't interested.Pleased to say I finally got him and for only £400k,I could have possibly signed him on a free at the end of the Peruvian season but when you had teams like Valencia,Porto,Dortmund,Ajax,PSV,Roma and Udinese interested,I decided to pay them a fee and get him in as I didn't want to risk losing out on him.Will slot straight into the MC role with little problem.

Georg Urke

Another new signing who will slot in the AMR position with little problem.Costing £900k,he is a bargain who normally would have been capped by Norway but they insist on playing Martin Ødegaardin his position.I have no doubt he will be a big hit in the future.I actually beat Wolfsburg and Schalke in signing him probably because I offered him better terms with being a Key Player and giving him £11k a week.

Petar Sumic

I didn't even know he existed until my new Chief Scout pointed him out in the Scout meetings as his main recommendation.All those red arrows don't look promising but he did suffer a injury literally the day after signing him which ruled him out for two weeks.Cost the team £1 million but he is a lot better than Foglia who is now our 3rd choice AML.Has got a lot of u21 caps for his age.The main thing I need to work on with him is his off the ball,agility,crossing and first touch as I play with inside forwards so I know what I need to do with him.Never seen a model citizen personality before so I have no idea what effect that will have on him.

Manager's Thoughts

Quite a bit of overhauling was done to strengthen the team in the long haul.If we have any success this season it will be down to my attacking force and midfield,my defence will need time to develop as they are very young with exception to Della Giovanni who is 25.(My GK is 17,DL is 18,other DC is 18 and the DR is 20!).The board expectations are quite low in comparison to mine with the exception of the Italian Cup,I feel quarter finals is a good aim as we have never been there.For the League,I want a top half finish minimum whereas the board wanted us to avoid relegation.For the Euro Cup,they were happy with group stage,I want a quarter finals place.My overall aim is to concede less than 63 goals as that is what let us down.

Started a overhaul with regards to the back staff as I bought in a new Director of Football,Head of Youth development,Chief Scout,Chief Data Analyst,Head Physio,Head Sport Scientist and a new Assistant Manager.This is down to me going into phase two of my plans as we progress to become Italy's biggest club,we've got the players to develop and we need to better backroom staff to do this,the facility upgrades will be ongoing and as soon as they are done,I will ask the board again to upgrade.We will rule Italy......one day.

This was almost falling to page 2, you guys are frauds at being frauds.

Nice to see BWG and Smp tackling Serie A already, **** getting serious now. Bart getting some starting momentum. Deisler's Santarcangelo defying the odds of the playoffs to escape the hell of Serie C. It's almost all a bit too positive in here. Someone needs to do something rubbish..............

Em 27/11/2018 em 11:14, Benjoe disse:

744b1605957a3499feaaa37f950cd2c4.gif

Carteri showing how we grind for goals. 

Goal stands, Carteri credited for the goal. 

Oh.

0b8b85d9b2d1f0470a8d87175d0bfebd.png

Well where do you go from that? World Champions, unbeaten in all competitive fixtures and just two goals conceded in competitive games in 3 years. Pulisio resigns from Ireland after an amazing run, now time to fully focus on getting Locri up that Serie A table!

MzAZojf.jpg

Mid-Season - 2021/22

Serie A

OpXEgZC.png?1

AWHNwJR.png?1

Amazing work so far,sitting third in the league and not too far off the leaders either.The league top scorers with 56 in which we have the leagues top two scorers in Abramovic (16 goals) and Coulibaly (13 goals).Our losses were quite annoying as they were all late goals,we lost to Napoli,Inter and Chievo,the draws were against Cagliari and Lazio (worse title defence ever!)If we are here at the end of the season then it will be a massive success.

Euro Cup

eYPvDdb.png?1

6WObNKo.png?1

Easy,easy and easy.Won six from six,pocketed a lot of money from out performances,our reward for doing so well....a game against Dortmund!Zonzini came through the youth system last year so it is great to see him three goals in this competition.

Manager's Thought's

Amazing season so far  in which we are flying high in everything we do so Champions League is definitely a aim for the end of this season as that is where the money is.I feel like with the team we have,we will win the title eventually as they are all really young and will develop eventually so if we don't win it this season then I reckon we will win Serie A in the next two seasons.Euro Cup was easier than expected but Dortmund will be a real test as they have some of the best players in the game playing for them.Not kicked off in the Italian Cup yet as we kick off in January with a home tie against Roma.

On the club front,our facility upgrades were completed so I asked for more and they allowed me to have our training and youth,this means that we will be one step closer to making San Marino a dominating club hopefully.Special mention to Nikola Abramovic who won European Golden Boy and U21 Footballer of the Year.Not bad for someone who has missed the last four weeks due to injury.With all that said,let's make our second half of the season a memorable one!

iKU5VS3.png

The first month under Alfaro and Maximuss would turn out to do wonders to the team. 

Their incredibly harsh training regime with punishments, naked runs during storm and no-food-the-day-before-a-match diets had created warriors who could endure the worst.

adefb09556d0adb5a0e2f3e721d30e28.png

As a part of Alfaro's fundamentals well performing players could earn different benefits. And players who disappointed would get punished.

Domenico Vitiello, their 17-year old striker, had earned himself 3 cigars a week of the poorest quality, handrolled personally by Alfaro. 

Davide Carfori, a player with few weaknesses and even fewer strengths, had earned himself the right to a 20-minute nap just prior to any game the team played.

Davide Carteri, a player of many talents, had won a highly compromising nude photo of Alfaro. 

Slightly less lucky we have Daniele Quadrini, one of the best players in the team, suffered the fate that no man should have suffered. Participation in the compromising photo of Alfaro. He was both the photographer and a co-model.

After a 3 hour photo session with creative angles Alfaro decided on the one perfect photo for Carteri. 

29aeef9b12c761d2bbd542bc57e43a9f.png

02f4ecf7bcd01dc5db28b36155437a2e.png

Spoiler

GDsEcz3.jpg

X2hSrSO.png?1

**** Campos,**** my chairman and a great big **** you to AC Milan and their tycoon :mad:

This was on deadline day and I have a match to deal with as well as try to sign a replacement which will cost between £8 - £10.25 million (hopefully) :mad:

Yep,AC Milan are literally throwing money at anyone.Campos was a wonder kid who was averaging at 7.55 and had 7 assists from 23 games.

AC Milan spent £32 million on a 32 year old Mustafi and have agreed a deal of £61 million for Martial from Man Utd,they are going to be a real nightmare to deal with.

Just caught up with some of the recent events.

@smp20 WC with Ireland in 2026?! WTF. Mad respect man. 

@B.W.G damn impressive work. Some top class signings and all to develop that squad! How does Campos stats look now? 

@Deisler26 loving all the work with the youth you've been doing! Although I can't see the screens of players in your most recent update on depth. All the screenshots are super blurry when I open them. Maybe it's only for me? 

5 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

@B.W.G damn impressive work. Some top class signings and all to develop that squad! How does Campos stats look now? 

Wasn't really much different to when I signed him,the only real major changes was decision,passing,first touch and tackling.I always tend to sign younger players as they can develop to help us in the future,also when they have been here 2-3 seasons then it should give us more of an advantage over the other teams due to having a better understanding between the players then those who are constantly changing things too much.

4 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

It's the wrong Bastia. He was playing for the French one

So... that's... well. Whoever made the db for the italian lower league Im using must've ****ed up. 

Not great for me. :seagull:

5 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

That's weird.

Highly!

MzAZojf.jpg

Youth Update - 2022/23

The Intake

HIrdupI.png?1

The Prospects

s6zURAJ.png?1

The best prospect in the team and yet another striker as we have Zonzini from last years youth intake as well!Not quite up to standard but give it a few seasons and I reckon he will be able to go out on loan to Serie B sides but he will be one of five picks for the striking positions in the future.There is an interesting thing to note which came in his information tab...

4M6B0K9.png?1

Just to note,his brother sucks despite being capped for San Marino and will probably be released at the end of the 23/24 season!

ygujZcZ.png?1

Another striker but I will look to develop him before moving him on as I feel there will be too many striker options at the club.Should be able to make it at Serie B level so he will be useful for the national team in the future.If he was to stay at the club,I don't think he'd get past a backup role due to the talent we have.

On 01/12/2018 at 20:01, Benjoe said:

Just caught up with some of the recent events.

@smp20 WC with Ireland in 2026?! WTF. Mad respect man. 

@Deisler26 loving all the work with the youth you've been doing! Although I can't see the screens of players in your most recent update on depth. All the screenshots are super blurry when I open them. Maybe it's only for me? 

Cheers @Benjoe! Cracking start for you, looks like the frauds of FM Bastia in France are now haunting in this years challenge....yet in the past. Very fraudulent.

@Peter G - unlucky, but deffo go again!

MzAZojf.jpg

End of Season - 2022/23

Transfers - Released

Anyone on the released list had no future at the club so they were let go,in the end most of them ended up retiring as they didn't find clubs.The loans out were to help put them in the shop window as they were not going to be staying.As for those who sold,Paolelli and Dossena had no future at the club,Krapikas was sold due to circumstances in which £4 million was a brilliant fee as he was rubbish.Campos I didn't want to sell but the chairman went over my had so it was out of my hands.All those bought in were to strengthen the team after our 5th place finish last season.Noblejas is the standout fee as he was a replacement for Campos,I paid his release fee but I had no issue in doing that as he will be class in the future.

Competitions

Serie A - 2nd Place

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

FF4iZL2.png?1

So so so close to the title,we blew it on the 30th April,Juventus drew there game and we squandered chance after chance against Atalanta in our 2-1 defeat.We had a very young squad and a couple of seasons of development could help us with our title push.We scored 116 goals which wasn't too far off Torino's record of 125 set in 1947/48,we still conceded too many goals but it was eleven less than last season.Next season will probably be a three way between ourselves,Juventus and AC Milan who have started splashing their cash.

Euro Cup - Winners

Schedule

TfZWeay.png?1

We easily won the group with six wins out of six.The knockout stages saw us just about hold out for a 4-3 win against Dortmund in the first knockout round,we destroyed Hertha in the 2nd round knockout with a 6-2 victory which saw us face our old keeper Krapikas,really should have been 6-1 but there was a dodgy goal which was offside allowed.The quarter finals saw us face Olympiakos,an amazing 1st leg saw us win 7-0,the 2nd leg saw fines galore for my defence as we drew 5-5 which saw us go through 12-5 on aggregate.The semi-finals saw us face the hardest team in the competition in Bayern Munich,a famous 5-1 1st leg win helped us to a 7-4 aggregate victory.The final itself was a very tight affair which was always going to be settle in one of two ways,either by one goal or on penalties,thankfully Urke provided the winning moment with a header all things (he has 6 for heading!)

Copa Italia - Winners

Schedule

iOqbXE6.png?1

Easily disposed of Roma and Lazio in the 1st Round and quarter-finals.The semi-final against Bologna was more difficult than I anticipated thanks to our strikers,we outshot them 22-6 in the first leg and lost 1-0,the 2nd leg was pretty much even but a 2-1 victory on the night saw us go through on away goals.Honestly thought it was over at half-time in the final as we were 3-1 down,a rocket up the ass at half time and three goals in four minutes put us in a 4-3 lead and we managed to hold off till full time to claim our first ever Copa Italia.

Players,Stats and Awards.

Commercial Summary - Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

Manager's Thoughts

So close to a treble,just one game away which was quite gutting but if I have faith in my current squad then the title will be ours in the next two season as the players will be more mature.A cup double was an amazing achievement and it gives us more opportunities for trophies next season as we face Lazio in the Euro Supe Cup and Juventus in the Super Cup but I have no idea where.Only minor tweaks will be made next season as Ercolani and Zonzini will be with the senior team next season as they are far too good for our u20's.Will look to bring in a few Italian youngsters to help boost the homegrown ranks in which I have already identified the targets.

There has been quite a lot of change regarding the club,San Marino Calcio is now ranked at 3.5* but it is still a national team,the backroom staff has improved a lot but there is still room for improvements but that will be ongoing till we hit 5* rep.I was allowed to choose my own feeder club,I picked out Livorno for this has they have a really good youth setup and I have first option on their players,they will be used for loans as well but expect a few signings made from them.The major news is that plans for new stadium have gone through and it will be ready for us at the start of the 25/26 season.The upgrades for training and youth facilities will be ready in October,we have also been given upgrades for Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.

My aim for next season is a the title after coming so close to it this season and a good run in the Champions League as that is where the money is.I think once my current squad is around 27 then I will start a long term aim of making my first team being home grown of Italians and Sammarinese,after that is a second stadium (2045!) and try to win the Champions League with players from my youth system.Long term planning indeed!

Season     Division       League      Italian Cup     Serie C/D Cup     Continental    Avg.Att       Notes
2018/19    Serie D/D       1st            N/A            Winners           N/A           356        Promotion!
2019/20    Serie C/B       1st            N/A            Winners           N/A           802      Treble Winners!
2020/21     Serie B        1st         1st Round           N/A             N/A          1,633       Promotion!
2021/22     Serie A        6th         1st Round           N/A             N/A          5,122    EC Qualification!
2022/23     Serie A        2nd          Winners            N/A           Winners        5,497      Cup Double!
Season     Stadium Capacity    Corporate    Data Analysis   Training     Youth       J.Coaching    Y.Recruitement
2018/19         5,500          Adequate         N/A         Average     B.Average     Average       Fairly Basic
2019/20         5,500          Adequate         N/A         Average     B.Average     Average       Fairly Basic
2020/21         5,500          Adequate         N/A         Average     B.Average     Adequate      Fairly Basic
2021/22         5,500          Adequate         N/A         Average     B.Average      Good           Average
2022/23         5,500          Adequate         N/A          Good        Adequate     Excellent      A.Average

Archived