[FM19] Gotta scratch that Hitchin

MadCatPT

HitchinTownFCbadge.png.14f80b0d1c9ebe5ae1e8057905709417.png

Another FM another Youth Academy/Dafuge try, this time with Hitchin. The original team was on the inaugural FA Cup, so it will be an objective to win it.

So far I normally just stay in the same league I started, let's see if this save will be different.

This is the Beta so hope no strange bug affects the save, also hope to not get fired while learning how to manage in the new edition.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far:

Season League Position Win Draw Loss GF GA GD Points FA Cup FA Trophy
2019/20 Vanarama South 16th 13 13 16 45 57 -12 52 2nd Round 3rd Q. Round
2020/21 Vanarama South 18th 9 15 18 45 69 -24 42 2nd Round 3rd Q. Round
2021/22 Vanarama North 16th 13 7 22 54 79 -25 46 1st Round 3rd Q. Round
2022/23 Vanarama North 16th 10 12 20 48 66 -18 42 3rd Round 1st Round

Season Corporate Training Data Analysis Youth Facilities Youth Level Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment
2019/20 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Fairly Basic Basic
2020/21 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Fairly Basic Basic
2021/22 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Average Basic
2022/23 Basic Basic None Basic* 4 Average Basic

* Upgrade underconstruction

1 hour ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Good luck! As a fan of a non-league club, I have a great interest in saves such as these.

Thanks.

This year there is the option to cancel the negotiations, which I did, even if I desperately need central defenders, just hope is not too big a handicap:

TransfersToAbort.thumb.png.320da14adfd7ecb149c43a8f29631075.png

Squad:

Squad2.thumb.png.33397e9b3ccc21ac4667b9e5783a0b74.png

Having canceled the transfers left really thin at center back, my defenders are slow and not really gifted, my midfield has all the talent and my attacking players can't pass to save their lives.

Also the determination of the squad is bad. I tried to make just a small group with two of my most determined players and one youngster who plays in the same position and has low determination to see if I can slowly improve the situation.

Training:

Training is not going well, I did the basic early, mid and late preseason, but most of my player have bad ratings in training, I try to praise who trains well but they don't think they are worthy of praise, I criticize those who play poorly and some accept, others don't.

Tactics:

Tactic.thumb.png.a0b77f217ce7dd355b8e99946dd7165d.png

I tried for a counter attack tactic, main reason is my team is not good with the ball at it's feet in any position but the central midfielders, I have some speed in the wings and forward positions and also never really played a counter attack tactic and wanted to try it.

First two friendlies I was beat up, I was scared that the save would finish early and that my choice of tactics was not that good but was able to get good results in the remaining friendlies to make up for it, still it will be a long season with no cover for center backs.

Youth:

Youth19.thumb.png.4861600213eec3889d8239a163609dfe.png

The regens that were already at the club. I post the two with most potential.

Cameron Mann 19a:

CameronMann19a.thumb.png.6ad5f147c9c21a535433cf30991f7b39.png

My current left back, really lacking in most departments, so far has hold it's own.

Will Johnston 19b:

WillJohnston19b.thumb.png.008e777e6fff464546a822586b1438c7.png

I'm trying to make him my backup left winger, another one that has to learn to play short simple passes.

8 minutes ago, nastymiller said:

Looks like a long old slog ahead of you with not many goals to be scored......grind through this season and fingers crossed you have a half decent youth intake.

That is the plan, not sure I can survive to the end of the season.

July:

July.thumb.png.d3309dea401c61ae531668ac5d1b8c8f.png

Mixed feelings, the start made me question the tactics and the longevity of the save, then we were scoring for fun.

My defenders are very limited to say the least, my midfielders are my strength but not strong enough to carry the team, my attacking players are limited but fast.

August:

August.thumb.png.3d39249448d5d6292445330d95c96e1a.png

We played teams all in the top places and one in our league.

Won against Stalybridge which gives me a piece of hope I can pull this off, the draw against Telford was hard fought and proved we could claw some point from superior teams.

After some tighter games after making setting my fullbacks to defend, Kidderminster just clubbed us. I had to answer to what they do.

Two injuries have affected us, Bailey and Fraser, our whole right side are out for 5-7 weeks, so Dowie goes to the BWM in the DM strata and Ferrel goes to the FB position, I'm out of players now, any more injuries and I don't have players to the fill the bench.

It will be a struggle until the end of the season, hoping for some help when the youth intake comes, if I'm still employed...

I think as long as you don't drop 6 points behind the first relegation place I doubt you will get sacked. After all you were nailed on for the drop.

If come December your over 10 points behind safety it will be bye, bye....your on track for 28 points at this rate - when your team starts to gell you will get enough points to stay up.

28 minutes ago, nastymiller said:

I think as long as you don't drop 6 points behind the first relegation place I doubt you will get sacked. After all you were nailed on for the drop.

If come December your over 10 points behind safety it will be bye, bye....your on track for 28 points at this rate - when your team starts to gell you will get enough points to stay up.

Injuries are mounting up, I'm getting a lot of my players injured, one a game these last games.

Changed the BWM in the DM strata to a DM and won the next game, lost the second by one and then a draw.

Still one point above the last relegation place and for the next game will only have two real players on the bench.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

It's imperative you beat sides around you and you did so by beating Stalybridge - teams like Kidderminster are games where if you take a point or so, it's a huge bonus. Home form will be key this season, best of luck... this will be a real challenge.

Thanks I will definitely need it. 

September:

September.thumb.png.2c2cad7b3830538a9c00d1fb3165d8dd.png

Changed my DM from a BWM to a DM and had a 5-2 win, Hereford had one of the worst defensive records and it seemed like preseason against a poor team, we definitely seemed tighter at the back until injuries struck and results, at least in the league suffered.

30 points your on track for now and I think that total will keep you up, willing for your injury crisis to clear up - but confident that as players play longer with each other they will turn defeats into draws and picking a win a month up will see you safe.

Good luck mate.

14 minutes ago, nastymiller said:

30 points your on track for now and I think that total will keep you up, willing for your injury crisis to clear up - but confident that as players play longer with each other they will turn defeats into draws and picking a win a month up will see you safe.

Good luck mate.

Thanks.

Next month I will face teams that are in the relegation battle with me, I will play a lower league team for the cup and then face team facing injury crisis.

My key players will hopefully will be recovered by then, need to get good results this month.

October:

October.thumb.png.626ebe64e5ffac547bfab2ed900bfe4c.png

It was a crazy month. After a lower league team in the cup to gain some much needed moral, two games against teams that were worst off in league position, injuries and morale meant two victories!

I was expecting to be out against Boreham Wood, but they played a weaker team and I was able to ride the wave to another victory.

After that I played against two other relegation contenders, against Brackley I stole one point, just had a shot on goal in the end that I scored, then against Kettering it seemed both teams wanted to get the worst miss of the season.

Even with all the positive results I just have 6 point separating me from the first relegation spot.

November:

November.thumb.png.1f559715d3b807d7e81e9b5fd9ed9393.png

Some of my player have started to be jaded and in need of rest, my training has been Recovery + Rest to keep them injuries free and as fresh as possible.

Aldershot was missing some players with injury and still it's manager underestimated us.

Aldershot.thumb.png.4d0a6894e279a80db1cd79609dcf6db8.png

Wilson.thumb.png.7f371cb6e93d704b44af25d9bff49d4b.png

The first game was heading for a 1-1 draw when I got a goal in the final minutes, I was still celebrating when they equalized.

In between a game against the last and worst team in the league, North Ferribly who is last with 6 points.

The second games was more of the same, but this time my late goal was not matched, take that Wilson!!!

In the final two games my very tired team drew 1-1 in a game where each team only shot on goal went in then my players on their last legs where outlasted by a more fresh team in the FA Trophy.

5 points from the first relegation spot.

December:

December.thumb.png.c36262416dc3dcc56a2fcc94c16a2e75.png

I got a home game against Rotherham, I rotated heavily, even playing midfielders instead of my jaded/tired young players in defense, I was losing 0-4 at half-time, complacency allowed me to get a couple of goals but I was never going to do anything.

Even with rotation a tired team scraped a point in Darlington.

After that I gave a week rest to the jaded players, it didn't help, it says between 1 and 3 week rest recommend, 1 week didn't help the jaded status but the break got my team to all greens, playing with such a small squad I have both condition and match condition near maximum.

The return to the league was good with a fresh team winning against Spennymoor and then in the boxing day couple of games we got a point against a top 3 team in Southport and tired team couldn't get more than a draw against Stalybridge that has operated quite the turnaround been now the sensation team of the competition been on 7th place.

With one of the matches against Aldershot televised, and the gate receipts of the Rotherham game my finances are above 300k, still the board cites financial reasons to not upgrade anything youth related. 

The engine of my team, Charlie Smith won the player of the month award. He is my top scorer and his work on defense and attack allows me to be competitive. also my penalty and free kick taker. Also one of my 3 jaded players. His contract was renewed but he is already asking for more than I can give, luckily I was able to bring it down.

Award.thumb.png.7d3cbf338204bdebe3dae4a6a5171ed9.png

My main concern is avoiding relegation to continue with the save. I was able to get more tight in the back with the fullbacks being FB D and the DM being a DM D, I still have one of the worse defenses of the league, but it being composed by two young guys from last years youth intake, a converted left-back and a decent right-back with just a young right-back as cover I can live with that.

If my team is rested I can get points, problem is that has been hard so results have suffered.

I the most important players from my team with contract until next season, I'm waiting for the youth intake to see what is the future. Hopefully I can get one or two difference makers, some rotational players and backups so I can get rid of some deadwood.

GK, is ok, my current GK has maintained us in some games, I have a young guy that is not crap as the backup.

DR, I have two player that can play there decently, one of them is getting old and asking lot's of money, so in a year or two I need a replacement.

DC, I desperately need players! I have one youngster and a converted DL, I can get the better of the DR to play also but he is also the backup to the critical DM position.

DL, I have a young player playing there and being criticized but I don't have much more options.

DM, I have two older players here, one is the best DR I have, hopefully I can get replacements cause they have two more years in them, more than that I doubt.

MC, here is where the talent is, two players that have the skill to create and score and one able backup. Here is where I also have a guy that can't tackle and can't pass, hopefully I can offload him.

AMR, the position is manned by a converted SC, and there is nothing after that can even decent performances.

AML, I have two players here, one of them is the player with the highest potential in my team, after I renewed he scored some goals.

SC, I have one absolute starter and a capable deputy, also a youngster that has many flaws but may be a decent pressing forward.

The last time I tried this youth only, a big problem was paying top money for average or bellow average performance or backups, in this case I have the case of my DR, DM and backup SC, they get as much as I can pay and the returns are not the best (the backup SC may be excused that he scored some important goals, specially in the cup).

With me trying to upgrade youth facilities money is key since my squad is poor compared to the rest of the league, as long as I can get up with cheaper players manning positions and only paying top money to the really important players I will save enough money for an upgrade who will allow me to stock talent to get up, get more money and improve the facilities until I reach my goals or FM2020 gets out.

I have 310k in the bank and it keeps getting higher, hopefully if I stay up the board will allow me to upgrade the youth facilities.

January:

January.thumb.png.f5ae890544a0a212d7af6ac23fd2c60a.png

JanuaryLeague.thumb.png.0c7d824f3551a2b141125b5b56529ad9.png

This month played lots of teams on top of the table, Leamington was a direct opponent, the loss is always showing on the Job Security box, reminding me that losing to relegation opponents is a huge no no.

Luckily I was able to withstand a lot of pressure and get one goal and then hold for the win against Ashton United.

Four points clear from the first relegation place.

Youth Intake:

I never in all this years playing had such intake like this, I think my squad is really poor, normally I get a very good player and then it goes down, here everyone has the potential to be very good player relative to the squad. Happy for the determination intake.

In this version it seems the U18 get a full training schedule while the first team has a just 3 times per week, so I'll take some time to get everything sorted, but now I have backups! I don't see any game changers, I'll get them a week or two with the main squad to try and see their real worth versus my current players.

My next 9 games I will play 6 teams bellow me, if it goes well I will be safe, my objective is to get 12 points from those games.

Youth.thumb.png.7d923cc53d8c7dc52adf9277cf1d52ed.png

March:

March.thumb.png.c838f80d6604e37657da462e2a4eeaa0.png

The youth intake brought 3 new players to the starting eleven, goalkeeper, central defender and defensive midfielder.

After an injury to the other defender the center of the defense was manned by two of the youth players with very good results, Nuneaton Boro and Kettering was two teams closed like us and very few chances that no one took.

The Brackley game was one of those games where every shoot goes in.

April:

April.thumb.png.c156c8d744f98dec0d039b7b18fabf1b.png

Won against the 3 of the 4 bottom teams, lost against York, no chance there.

Spennymoor was a game that went back and forth, they scored two and we got one goal back and after that they closed up and we couldn't break them open.

May:

May.thumb.png.15e9bdfe74b8112ad9d976f0ddfab0f2.png

Last game of the season, Leamington was fighting for staying in the division and we already had attained that goal so a very hungry team threw themselves at us, we hit them on the break but they clawed themselves to a point. 

12 hours ago, MadCatPT said:

Youth Intake:

In this version it seems the U18 get a full training schedule while the first team has a just 3 times per week, so I'll take some time to get everything sorted, but now I have backups! I don't see any game changers, I'll get them a week or two with the main squad to try and see their real worth versus my current players.

The under 18s won't have full time jobs, though I don't know if they would do full time training.

Given that Hitchin isn't too far North of London, there are many Northern teams at level 6.

5 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

That intake looks insane, can't wait to see how they develop.

So far no one lighting the world on fire, but they are doing their job which is such a great change, striving for mediocrity is my objective now, mid table obscurity the goal until my penny pinchers board allow the youth facilities to be upgraded, they have almost 400k in the bank and still say they don't have money (I suspect they may run away with the money or may have spend it all and are covering it up).

End of Season:

FinalLeagueTable.thumb.png.dd65169d74267fea9ddd79999d0749bc.png

Taking the bumpy start I was thinking of a more dire end of season, luckily the youth came to the rescue.

SeasonReview.thumb.png.1231371d6f79ec74b305d94feba64f9f.png

Awards.thumb.png.b3b997f713ba96335fb1505d742aedf1.png

CupReview.thumb.png.a4d33d359a52365286c4a864d7b69f10.png

The best match of the FA Cup was not televised, the fools, if this forums are any indication there would be lot's of fans wanting to see Rotherham win against Hitchin.

1 hour ago, nastymiller said:

Can you post team of the season with the stats please?

TeamStats.thumb.png.512659ee6a8cf534744cf039c2e5f02c.png

Here you go good sir.

It is not 100% correct, Bickerstaff was during the season our best central defender playing on the left side of the partnership, the central midfield positions are also switched.

September:

September.thumb.png.9330d215f1ef5b28900d5260b3c66176.png

A superb start to September saw us climb up the table to 6th, 2 points off the leader, journalists were asking about promotion.

The a cup game, rotation and like Icarus flying to close to the sun we came tumbling down.

Archived