[FM19] Gotta scratch that Hitchin

MadCatPT

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having the chance I couldn't resist making a faux version of @ManUtd1 writing that I enjoy so much.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Beating someone at their game while doing it, so good it should be illegal.

There are things that should not be allowed at the local strip club, I'm not talking about guns and roofies, but the omnipresent cellphone. Still you can enter such establishments with one. You can then offer some girls and rounds to the local team for their great results. Take some pictures and just post on all the social media of their friends and family.

Angry calls, posts and messages were flooding the local teams phones. I enjoyed the angry wife/girlfriend outburst, felt a bit bad with some of the more sad ones, amused and shocked by the relief of some that "it was not men again" or "at least it's human this time".

My mission done, I had still more than a hour drive back to Hitchin, tomorrow morning I had the press conference against our rival in the FA Cup Aldershot, Wilson had started with his mind games again, and this time he would face hell, if not on the field at least in his home, I checked and his wife had been an amateur boxer, he was in for some nice times tonight, her boxing nickname was "Monster".

He may be right that my managing skills are not up to standards, what he doesn't know is that my underhanded skills are elite.

--------

During the press conference I was on fire, questioning their taste in clothes, hair style, species to copulate with. The journalists there were loving it, I was instantly on their favorite personnel list. My plan was done, it could work or we could be murdered in the field, or the locker room, or the bus...

--------

The big day, teams enter the field, Aldershot players and staff were giving me the evil eye, can't blame them really, I casually mentioned my trip to Aldershot, it was such a nice place, it had this nice strip club where I found the team and staff relaxing I had to pay my respects and payed some girls and some rounds, after that I took some pictures and shared with their friends and family.

Their faces went from disbelief, to red and purple with rage, Wilson's face was already purple, seemed "Monster" was a really spot on nickname for his wife boxing days. The ensuing facas was broken up by the stewards and the extra security detail I brought on. As instructed my players joined in the fun, mocking them incessantly.

Aldershot players and staff were foaming at the mouth. Part 1 of the plan, get dynamite, soaked in gas: done.

--------

Aldershot was really playing hard, the the referee was allowing it and soon they were ahead by one goal and calming down. I had to do something.  Adam McDonnell had a yellow card already so I asked Jack Green to say to him that his sister photo on Instagram was very nice, that he couldn't wait to take those red panties off and **** her senseless.

He went and whispered it to him, his reaction made me realize that maybe instead of using my fastest and best left winger to deliver the message I could have made a huge life insurance on some guy I wanted to leave the club.

Adam went completely mental! He chased him trying to hit him, luckily Jack speed allow him to escape, he hit his own guys, the referee, a steward he even bited the hand of the nurse that was sedating him. He got his second yellow and was sent off. Part 2 of the plan, light a match: done!

During the break, I told the guys, we have a chance, they are down by one, they are not focused on the game let's win this and go directly to the bus before they kill us.

Jack commented that he didn't knew that Adam was so protective of his sister, if he only knew that his sister was two years old, I didn't had the heart to tell him.

--------

The game was tight, they were trying to murder us clearly, then clearing from defense found Belgrove in the middle, he run with the ball and layed it to Jack Green who scored!!! Hitchin fans woke up while Aldershot fans were having flashbacks to last season.

Jack passed by the Aldershot bench and told to a sedated and tied up Adam: See how easily I scored on your defense? It will be as easily against your sister and if she resists I'll just power through like I did with the ball and your keeper.

Adam became so agitated they thought he was having a seizure. I really should tell Jack, but seeing Aldershot so distract, maybe I will wait after the game.

--------

Then same as last year, near the end, Smith made a pass to played Belgrove one-on-one, he didn't miss and Hitchin fans went wild!!! Time wasting ensued and after the final whistle we just ran to the bus before they lynched us.

Aldershot.thumb.png.0dbacc31779469d44db6c8e3cff548ad.png

Youth Intake:

Youth.thumb.png.d5cc4ce704c034ae989496337c9d7044.png

Another good intake, Zac will get some chances to get the AM R place in the starting eleven.

After this intake I will be extremely cut throat and clean out the 29/30 year olds that have been deteriorating and have big salaries, I prefer cheap youngsters that can make almost the same by a tenth or less than the expensive and more and more average players.

I am with almost 500K, still everything is being denied. Maybe there is some sort of loan/payment outstanding? I need to investigate in the finances window.

April:

April.thumb.png.78267d6a53b561d09dec52d1a7e7ab72.png

Was able to get some point which allowed me to survive another rough stretch of games. My best scorer is in a goal drought, but I was able to survive by the 4 points I got in the beginning of the month!

Final League Table:

FinalLeagueTable.thumb.png.ce85394691570a352c4292830cd5a343.png

Season Awards:

SeasonAwards.thumb.png.fe98c2d327fe1850c4f8ececbb5d92d3.png

Best Eleven:

BestEleven.thumb.png.b4a3df35b95107d0a407b120b7f90a06.png

I don't know why Fraser is there, Lewis Ferrel and Sam Peck 20c were the starters and Lewis Ferrel was the better performer.

Season Review:

SeasonReview.thumb.png.46131c2562a47dd905d9cefdf4eb7118.png

After a brilliant start to the season we came crashing down, injuries and ageing of a couple of players that had young understudies that still have significant holes in their games meant most games I was not competitive. Will analyse everything for next season.

No plan survives contact with the enemy, but as long as you do and the enemy doesn't, it's a good plan.

After a really long and hard season I rented a place in Scotland and started planning next season:

SeasonPlanning.gif.a357e9f084fb29f7de956108d52cba15.gif

My tactic was under fire from all sides, social media memes were abundant, something had to happen. I perused my scout and data analyst reports and saw that most team had troubles against the 4-4-2, lots of players with holes in this division, maybe most teams can't have two decent center-backs, I had some target men from my intakes, one even has a moustache, not a wannabe/fake/project moustache like Gary Neville.

Both my prior and this years HOYD's favorite formation was/is the 4-4-2, my current DM is not decent, even if determined and with potential, I already have decent Advanced Forwards and Target Men, so let's go direct!!!

I never had made a 4-4-2 work, so I needed some Lagavulin 16, ok a lot of Lagavulin 16, to convince myself it was the best solution. I deleted all tactics, I used the time honored tradition of sending them to the fireplace. Then I created a 4-4-2 old style, kick it and run, type of formation. To check if was ok I sent a copy to Tony Pulls who gave it the Tony Pulis seal of approval. To double check it, I sent it to Guardiola who shed a tear. Perfect.

Now I just needed to relax and order another case.

Will change the updates to full season with some pivotal games or narrative chances.

So here is Season 3 of "The Hitch(in) that doesn't quit!":

2021/2022 - The 4-4-2 in the North

This year we brought out the 4-4-2 and we ended up in Vanarama North, we again started strong, it even seemed we would beat our victory and point record but with only 2 points from our last 9 games we ended up in 16th. It was not a bad season, new tactic with more goals, but we have a weak link in the right side of the defense. Luckily a youth appeared in the intake that hopefully manages to stabilize that side. We have a young goalscorer that each year gets better, some of our youngsters are improving, they give us hope that next season hopefully we break the win and point records.

Season League Position Win Draw Loss GF GA GD Points FA Cup FA Trophy
2019/20 Vanarama South 16th 13 13 16 45 57 -12 52 2nd Round 3rd Q. Round
2020/21 Vanarama South 18th 9 15 18 45 69 -24 42 2nd Round 3rd Q. Round
2021/22 Vanarama North 16th 13 7 22 54 79 -25 46 1st Round 3rd Q. Round

Season Corporate Training Data Analysis Youth Facilities Youth Level Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment
2019/20 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Fairly Basic Basic
2020/21 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Fairly Basic Basic
2021/22 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Average Basic

FinalLeagueTable.thumb.png.997850c59f60dd5713dcaeff85220883.png

Youth Intake:

Youth.thumb.png.7f6493cc47b54f1933fca56fa660371e.png

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

Just sat and read this from the start.  What a cracking save!  Very enjoyable and looking forward to your next update.

Thanks, my opponents also look forward to play against me. :lol:

FA Cup 2nd Round, Top Field, 26/11/2022

The game was ready to go, home game against Hartlepool who had half the team injured, their main threat was kid with the talent to play several leagues above but the courage of a mouse, so I put my most aggressive and strong play on him with order to hit him every time the referee looked away and every time he touched the ball just cut him in half.

First time the kid touched the ball he looked like Messi weaving between three defenders and setting up their striker for a tap in that he somehow failed! Luckily he was no Suarez. I yelled at my players to remind the to hit the player with the ball!!! Not try to steal the ball like they have any decent tackling ability!!!

So from then on the poor kid go hit several times while my players where getting yellows but suddenly, maybe it was the kick on the head or the stomp when he was down, he stopped playing and our supper defensive tactic made us also not get anything from the kick the ball up front and pray something happens.

Half-time 0-0, full time 0-0, Extra time half time 0-0.

Then someone gave smelling salts to the kid who suddenly woke up, he sliced out defense open, I just closed my eyes before hearing the sound of studs on flesh and a agonizing scream. I jumped with joy even when my player was sent off, if we can hold on some more minutes he may be the hero of the match!

After that the game just fizzled out, no on seemed keen on crossing the midfield to meet our crazy eyed, foaming at the mouth players ready to literally kill anyone who tried to score on us, I was so proud.

kill.gif.9cdc10181451d5d4706e984029768204.gif

Then on to penalties, we had already won two penalty shootouts, so I was confident in our victory.

close_eyes.gif.5740f8580699096d7cb8608e08c499b1.gif

And as always we won on penalties!!! And I totally did no see the penalties again, but it worked!!!

ThirdRoundByThirdPenaltyShootout.thumb.png.f451cfe80aa85841908a9fc334a65fbc.png

Mid Season Update:

MidSeason.thumb.png.3bd38578526cef6b1d15c47076b620e5.png

Another year, another struggle.

This year we beat both our cup round records, about to play Portsmouth for the FA Cup and Salsford for the FA Trophy, unless something extraordinary happens it will end our cup exploits for this year, getting very helpful money to fund our facilities upgrades.

League wise we struggle to get results, as long as we get enough points here and there we have some hope as finally after scrounging every penny we finally got the youth facilities upgrade request accepted! Let's just see if we don't get relegate in the years before it gets completed.

YouthFacilities.thumb.png.35947f314554acfb972b814007adfc80.png

Just now, theBlackPrince said:

The struggle is real! Wonderful news that finally the youth facilities can be upgraded, really need a couple of good classes to come in to help out!

Main issue right now is having two 5 star(one black though) right defenders that are a liability right now. I think opposition pile on them and rightly so and I can't get reap the gains of having one of the best defenders aerial in the heading department if they can just abuse my right back. 

Contract Renewals:

fired.gif.79b3cea4b4be12527fe426d2466177eb.gif

It's the time of the year that contracts are 6 months away from ending, so with the new Youth Intake coming  with a better level of Junior Coaching and in less than one year the Youth Facilities being upgraded I'm doing a more cutthroat approach, going to try to go for 2 players per position, so lot's of peripheral player are going to be released.

I have two of the young players that have evolved to be first time regulars, they just have the bad luck of being in the positions of my best players, still both are signed since one of the best players don't want to renovate now and I like having two good player per position.

Youth:

Youth.thumb.png.f645e3dbf2774a2521d431f2eb70911b.png

After some great (potential wise) youth intakes this one is not that great, still Dean Martins seems a defensive mainstay and Haydn "Missing an e" Smith looks a nice defensive midfielder.

Hopefully they are saving the good youths for next years intake, hopefully with the new youth facilities finally giving me the quality players I need to gain promotion from this league.

22 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I would say that is a decent intake with six players already to be part of your squad.

Most of them face logjams at their positions, Dean Martin has entered directly into the starting eleven and has the second best average rating, if his development goes regularly he may be the first complete defender we have, already has the third most key tackles on 5 games played, so you can see the high tackling level we have.

Season 2022/23 - Vanarama North

Another season, another relegation fight. Once more save, but this time hope is on the way! Finally, after saving a huge amount of money my first youth facilities upgrade is on the way!!! Hopefully next season I can show the fruits of the upgrade in much better youth I will use to wreck havoc on the league and eventually gain promotion by 2030 or sooner... I hope.

FinalLeagueTable.thumb.png.d33a56945d1bb839d337e0538fed9fa4.png

Season League Position Win Draw Loss GF GA GD Points FA Cup FA Trophy
2019/20 Vanarama South 16th 13 13 16 45 57 -12 52 2nd Round 3rd Q. Round
2020/21 Vanarama South 18th 9 15 18 45 69 -24 42 2nd Round 3rd Q. Round
2021/22 Vanarama North 16th 13 7 22 54 79 -25 46 1st Round 3rd Q. Round
2022/23 Vanarama North 16th 10 12 20 48 66 -18 42 3rd Round 1st Round

Season Corporate Training Data Analysis Youth Facilities Youth Level Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment
2019/20 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Fairly Basic Basic
2020/21 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Fairly Basic Basic
2021/22 Basic Basic None Basic 4 Average Basic
2022/23 Basic Basic None Basic* 4 Average Basic

* Under construction

38 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

Another tough season!! Least the facilities getting an upgrade should help in the next couple of years, but what a slog it has been so far and coming to year 5!!

This year my odds are 150-1, for the first time there is someone with worst odds than me, 200-1. They will sign players so beginning of the season I may be the worst odds king again.

10 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

You're consistantly mediocre.

consistency.jpg.b94db27ce2a2a14abc61b2ce96c8fe84.jpg

memeofweek.thumb.png.81b247eda9bed6a8c969a5709371e6fb.png

Opened a bottle of wine.

Put David Bowie - Low playing.

A sip of wine and started planning for next season.

Traditionally my fullbacks struggle, so this year I will reduce the field size to minimum and see what happens.

Planning done.

1. Reduce field size to smallest possible
  2. Play long balls / direct counter
  3. Stay up
  4. Get the youth facilities finished
  5. Get super youths and win league next year if not keep being consistently mediocre

9 hours ago, abulezz said:

The good thing about playing in the Vanaramas is that you need a couple of high level players for that level of football and they can turn things around for you.  Hopefully one of your Intakes will develop in just that!

So far no player of mine is rated as even good or leading for the current league.

Some are decent some are rated for the lower leagues.

Really need that special talent that elevates the whole team.

4 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Hang in there, they will turn up.

Hopefully they will. I have been keeping a tight watch on the wage budget, even letting underdeveloped players that want lots of cash leave.

I have 3 players that have developed well and are first team players now. The main problem is the development or lack of from all 4 full backs, right wingers and backup left wingers.

Personality matters as most players with bad personality seem to underdevelop while all that developed well have good personalities.

Still after some years most want between 500 to 900 euros per month when they would be backups at best, still have several holes in their games and are not developing fast enough.

Also my main goalscorer is very casual in training, first three years he evolved and had good goalscoring patches, but last year he has lost a bit physically and one of the youths took over.

Problem is he is the highest earner. So will leave him walk at the end of the season.

I like to invest in the physical development of youths in their first years, then on the technical/mental from 20/21 up. I already have some physically gifted forwards ready to play. Hopefully they evolve to became good/dominant players in the next couple of years.

9 hours ago, nastymiller said:

Could we see a screenshot of your best XI of all time please?

Cheers

Everything for my fans.

BestEleven.thumb.png.3d1d783ff79685786f760f7ece936129.png

For the past two years I have been using the 4-4-2 almost exclusively, I tried some 4-5-1 with some promise but in the end it was lackluster. For some reason the Best Eleven is still in 4-1-4-1 DM Wide that I played in the beginning of the save for 1,5 season before going with a flat 4-1-4-1 for half a season.

On 07/11/2018 at 13:42, MadCatPT said:

Hopefully they will. I have been keeping a tight watch on the wage budget, even letting underdeveloped players that want lots of cash leave.

I have 3 players that have developed well and are first team players now. The main problem is the development or lack of from all 4 full backs, right wingers and backup left wingers.

Personality matters as most players with bad personality seem to underdevelop while all that developed well have good personalities.

Still after some years most want between 500 to 900 euros per month when they would be backups at best, still have several holes in their games and are not developing fast enough.

Also my main goalscorer is very casual in training, first three years he evolved and had good goalscoring patches, but last year he has lost a bit physically and one of the youths took over.

Problem is he is the highest earner. So will leave him walk at the end of the season.

I like to invest in the physical development of youths in their first years, then on the technical/mental from 20/21 up. I already have some physically gifted forwards ready to play. Hopefully they evolve to became good/dominant players in the next couple of years.

I definately feel the personality thing is correct, but also finding a good Head of Youth Development with a good personality is hard with poorer teams. My HoYD is balanced, most of my players are which isn't the worst to be! Not had the issue of players wanting big money yet, which is a real bonus.

Still, this year I feel in my own got to give the higher PA lots of gametime and just see if they can develop really quick!

Hope you can finally crack the top half this season....

Over 500 games between your back 4, that should be a solid platform to build on - need to find a way of them chipping in with a few goals though - maybe have a play about with the corner tactic - overload the back post or something with both your centre halfs attacking it.

Good luck with this coming season.

On 09/11/2018 at 07:48, nastymiller said:

Over 500 games between your back 4, that should be a solid platform to build on - need to find a way of them chipping in with a few goals though - maybe have a play about with the corner tactic - overload the back post or something with both your centre halfs attacking it.

Good luck with this coming season.

Problem is I my right backs always play poorly and the left back while better also are prone to bad games. I will try with a narrow and short tactic to see if it helps.

I got a new defender to replace Charlie Laing 20i that appeared on the youth update that ended the season playing superbly, Charlie Laing 20i is a small defender that can be beat by the air but is a decent tackler, not the best to use in corners.

Dean Martin 23f is a taller defender and also a decent tackler so has won a place in the defense.

Thanks.

Archived