[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

19 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

The way I play the database is either use my youth players or only sign players from local teams either 1 division above or as many below me

Thanks Dan. Is there scouting fees for scouting locally? Or do you do your own scouting? 

33 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I have always followed the Youth Academy Challenge 'to the letter'. I've never got far enough to turn full time, but my intention would be to maintain the philosophy even then. Right now I'm doing my first ever Journeyman save which means I don't stick around long enough to see my youths develop, so I've switched to a Director of Football challenge there. I find, which you've noted, that if you don't set yourself some proper restrictions, the game's far too easy at this level and guaranteed promotion year after year bores me.

I hear you. I think maybe I made climbing the lower leagues with just my youth players alot easier and quicker than I think it might be. I am already planning when I will go full time!! I dont think it will be anytime soon with my current crop. That's how it should be. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to commit fully to a challange just tweak it to suit you! I did the youth challange a few seasons ago but allowed myself 1 "star signing" a year! Signed a quality striker who helped me get promoted despite the fact we had one of the worst defensive records 😂 he left to join a conference team the following season and we struggled against relegation!

8 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

You can have players on dual registration in Non-League if the club is in a different league, you can't really do this in the database so unlimited loans are the nearest thing 

True, I can see the logic in your compromise - am I right in thinking the loan limits do exist IRL though ignoring the dual reg. issue? 

I ask only for my own reference, I might add it myself (if I can remember how). I can understand why you wouldn't to. 

19 hours ago, MikeyStephenson said:

If you don't want to commit fully to a challange just tweak it to suit you! I did the youth challange a few seasons ago but allowed myself 1 "star signing" a year! Signed a quality striker who helped me get promoted despite the fact we had one of the worst defensive records 😂 he left to join a conference team the following season and we struggled against relegation!

Cheers. Yeah exactly, it's just as we are probably alluding too and to put restrictions on and judging the restrictions on realism. I am thinking youth challenge but only until (if) I reach full time. Whilst I am amateur I will allow something to get my hands on like scouting my league only so I can have something to build. I was also thinking what you suggested and allow myself maybe one player a year that comes from my assistant manager or something like that but that would have restrictions within that . ha ha i have not played for two days cos I am still trying to lay the ground rules before I start anyway got some answers to guide me in the right direction. Cheers 

Edited by rufnek1980

2 hours ago, rufnek1980 said:

Cheers. Yeah exactly, it's just as we are probably alluding too and to put restrictions on and judging the restrictions on realism. I am thinking youth challenge but only until (if) I reach full time. Whilst I am amateur I will allow something to get my hands on like scouting my league only so I can have something to build. I was also thinking what you suggested and allow myself maybe one player a year that comes from my assistant manager or something like that but that would have restrictions within that . ha ha i have not played for two days cos I am still trying to lay the ground rules before I start anyway got some answers to guide me in the right direction. Cheers 

Instead of actively scouting at the amateur levels, I just take people on trial.  But only those which come to me to offer their services, and only the younger players (I only accept 23 and unders).  The first season, there is a lot of relatively decent players.  After that, the talent acquired this way is pretty thin which is fine by me.  This allows me to acquire players to fill out my preferred tactics in the first season, then I can rely on mostly youth from there on out.  Until I reach full time as you suggested.

1 hour ago, jwchriste said:

I just take people on trial.  But only those which come to me to offer their services

That's a good call. It's interesting how we all make up our own little rules. Remember, you're not playing an online game, or following an official challenge with rules all set out. It's your game, your rules, so don't worry if yours are different to other people's. It's all about what makes the game fun for you. :thup:

Has anyone had any issues with divisions not having their fixtures scheduled? I have a division at the start of the new save season with a list of teams, no league table and the message saying "Competition not yet scheduled", I then look and see that it says "Competition start/end 1st January 1900". Checked in the database and the league start/end dates are all as expected? 

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows how to resolve it?

1 hour ago, cbz1979 said:

Has anyone had any issues with divisions not having their fixtures scheduled? I have a division at the start of the new save season with a list of teams, no league table and the message saying "Competition not yet scheduled", I then look and see that it says "Competition start/end 1st January 1900". Checked in the database and the league start/end dates are all as expected? 

Which division?  Maybe we can look at it in the editor and figure it out.

2 hours ago, cbz1979 said:

Which one? And is it the only one?

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Which one? And is it the only one?

It was the staffordshire county League that I was looking, all the dates are in place as far as I can see and I checked against the other divisions to see if anything looked different and was all the same. I suspect might be a case of too many leagues for my system? 

1 minute ago, cbz1979 said:

It was the staffordshire county League that I was looking, all the dates are in place as far as I can see and I checked against the other divisions to see if anything looked different and was all the same. I suspect might be a case of too many leagues for my system? 

All 3 Staffordshire divisions?

17 minutes ago, cbz1979 said:

No just division 1, all the others were fine which is why i thought it a bit strange and maybe more to do with my system.

image.thumb.png.4acaba3886aa708c62705c0c168b650d.png

Looks fine in the first season of my save (in November).  Are you using the latest L13 database?

2 hours ago, jwchriste said:

image.thumb.png.4acaba3886aa708c62705c0c168b650d.png

Looks fine in the first season of my save (in November).  Are you using the latest L13 database?

Yeah i reloaded the database and that seemed to resolve the issue. Then I added in my local Sunday leagues and now ive got the same issue but with one of those. All dates seem ok and match those of the other leagues which are running fine. 

7 hours ago, cbz1979 said:

Yeah i reloaded the database and that seemed to resolve the issue. Then I added in my local Sunday leagues and now ive got the same issue but with one of those. All dates seem ok and match those of the other leagues which are running fine. 

There's nothing wrong with the original database, it's only when you add additional leagues to it then?

17 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

There's nothing wrong with the original database, it's only when you add additional leagues to it then?

Yeah, seems so. I just wanted to add my local sunday leagues to the database to make a more local game to me. Will keep plugging away and hopefully it will work out. 

Ok, I finally got my season underway. Had a few grand in the bank and making small increments each week. Doing well in the league everything is ticking away nicely then... my assistant manager decides he wants to upgrade his coaching badge!! To my horror, he has now left me in the red in level 13 and royally @#$%^& me off!! 

Is there any way I can have a say in this so it doesn't happen again or is it automatic and down to the chairman's discretion? If so my chairman is an idiot....(Don't tell him I sad that!) And obviously never went to school or did a business degree. 

52 minutes ago, rufnek1980 said:

Ok, I finally got my season underway. Had a few grand in the bank and making small increments each week. Doing well in the league everything is ticking away nicely then... my assistant manager decides he wants to upgrade his coaching badge!! To my horror, he has now left me in the red in level 13 and royally @#$%^& me off!! 

Is there any way I can have a say in this so it doesn't happen again or is it automatic and down to the chairman's discretion? If so my chairman is an idiot....(Don't tell him I sad that!) And obviously never went to school or did a business degree. 

:lol:  All part of the fun of managing at a bumbling amateur level 

9 hours ago, rufnek1980 said:

that is irritating. I get denied a badge due to finances but then my assistants get approved

Same here.  Board wouldn't approve a badge for me, but my AssMan gets one.  To make matters worse, a month after he completes his, he leaves to sign with another club.

Very difficult to stay out of the red the first year.  However, if FM19 works like its predecessors, your attendance should improve quite a bit in the second season and it shouldn't be a problem.  Unless you jump to semi-pro...

3 minutes ago, Tom98 said:

Hi, I love the look of this database. Could someone explain how I download and begin using this?

Download the last item in the second post of this thread for the latest version.  Then, just drop it in your "\Users\[username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data" folder.  This is assuming you are on Windows.  Then, the database should be available for selection in a drop down when you start a new game.

6 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

Download the last item in the second post of this thread for the latest version.  Then, just drop it in your "\Users\[username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data" folder.  This is assuming you are on Windows.  Then, the database should be available for selection in a drop down when you start a new game.

Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, TheWorldIsYours said:

not sure if this has been asked already but is the database touch compatible as i've downloaded the file, added it to the correct folder but its not selectable when starting a new game

Don't think it is TBH. 

Hey guys, does anyone know what the story is with semi pro Non contracts only. I.e is there a point in time where I will be able to offer part time contracts? Is it dependent on reputation and or financial status or random? Or non contract is the only option from now until going full time? 

Another question for Dan or anyone else that can answer. Does anyone know if any leagues feed into the cheshire div 2, past level 13? And if so are they being created Dan? No drama if not. Just interested as that's my area so would like to start at the lowest possible for the Cheshire area. 

Hey how’s it going? Just a little question. In your first post u said that the level only gose to 17? But u said your going to try to go level 21 or something like that. So just wondering are you going to level 17 or lower. Thanks again for this. If I’m rite after level 14 maybe 15 the leagues get a little smaller yey haha I think lol.

24 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

Hey how’s it going? Just a little question. In your first post u said that the level only gose to 17? But u said your going to try to go level 21 or something like that. So just wondering are you going to level 17 or lower. Thanks again for this. If I’m rite after level 14 maybe 15 the leagues get a little smaller yey haha I think lol.

What Dan does at the lower levels is focus on fewer 'threads' in the pyramid. In the past, he's gone down to Level 21 or 22 in the Mid-Sussex league only; last year I think Cornwall went down to level 20. If he did more it would take him years, plus the file would slow up even a fast processor too much. So those of us who want to start at the lowest possible point have only one division to choose, and all but one of the teams are normally reserve sides, so a bunch of us end up managing the same club - last year it was Fairwarp, the year before Keymer & Hassocks, both in Mid-Sussex.

Iv been using dan file for I few years level 22 the lowest he’s gone last two think it been level 21. I start at the lowest I can I make my own team (but based in wales north wales) I don’t wanna start at level 14 in Liverpool div two (that would be the lowest unless there a doc three). I play it different to every body else.

i think this will be the last ever FM I’ll ever buy, if dan still dose these files I’ll buy it then. Iv not played FM19 yet. I got it thinking I could transfer FM18 level22 file to FM19.

but for some reason I don’t work. But previous files have worked on older FMs. They did say that they have changed the coding a little. Not long now then this file will be ready 😊

Hey guys, does anyone know what the story is with semi pro Non contracts only. I.e is there a point in time where I will be able to offer part time contracts? Is it dependent on reputation and or financial status or random? Or non contract is the only option from now until going full time? 

Another question for Dan or anyone else that can answer. Does anyone know if any leagues feed into the cheshire div 2, past level 13? And if so are they being created Dan? No drama if not. Just interested as that's my area so would like to start at the lowest possible for the Cheshire area. 

It's probably the clubs financial situation combined with the chairman's personality - i.e. how willing the chairman is to let you spend money.

I started amateur in L13, won promotion and immediately became semi-pro.  I had no problems signing players to part-time contracts for all squad statuses (backup/rotation/key/etc.) right away.  We had about £1.5k in the bank when we became semi-pro, so not much.  I am guessing my chairman is more lenient in this save, but I've also played where I could only do non-contracts.  It eventually gets better as finances improve.

11 hours ago, jwchriste said:

It's probably the clubs financial situation combined with the chairman's personality - i.e. how willing the chairman is to let you spend money.

I started amateur in L13, won promotion and immediately became semi-pro.  I had no problems signing players to part-time contracts for all squad statuses (backup/rotation/key/etc.) right away.  We had about £1.5k in the bank when we became semi-pro, so not much.  I am guessing my chairman is more lenient in this save, but I've also played where I could only do non-contracts.  It eventually gets better as finances improve.

Got ya, thanks for that. Hopefully it can improve over time then. All I see myself doing most weeks is continually renewing the same non contracts for my players everytime another team offers a contract to them which seems to work in terms of not losing my players...for now. 

On 21/03/2019 at 21:04, jwchriste said:

Same here.  Board wouldn't approve a badge for me, but my AssMan gets one.  To make matters worse, a month after he completes his, he leaves to sign with another club.

Very difficult to stay out of the red the first year.  However, if FM19 works like its predecessors, your attendance should improve quite a bit in the second season and it shouldn't be a problem.  Unless you jump to semi-pro...

Funnily enough, exactly that just happened. After 1st season we go semi pro so now forking out apapearaence fees to really make sure I don't make any money. But i suppose its FM's way of balancing the financial order of things by making sure I am not monopolizing down in the lower leagues which is fine. And yes my attendance was averaging 15 last season and so far in the 2nd season I am now on the 80' mark so that cancels out the appearance non contract fees. I did treat my self to a pre season friendly with wolverhamptons u23 side and made 2k and then again my coach upgrades his badge so lost that 2k ha ha. It's as if the game knows what I am trying to do and then slaps me for trying to take a little something for myself  (my club) :)

I've made it to my third season in charge of Millbridge FC and promoted twice into South West Peninsula League Premier...unusually I'm not in the Walter C Parson Cup nor am I in the FA Cup...any ideas?

Edited by ZeakFM

20 minutes ago, ZeakFM said:

I've made it to my third season in charge of Millbridge FC and promoted twice into South West Peninsula League Premier...unusually I'm not in the Walter C Parson Cup nor am I in the FA Cup...any ideas?

what level are you now?

On 18/03/2019 at 07:59, rufnek1980 said:

As we are all probably aware you can easily fill your team with 40-year-old 5-star experience players or get 5-star players to easily walk the leagues until you go semi-pro/pro or hit the conference leagues but just wanted to get your thoughts as to what is the accepted approach? I understand that maybe following the youth challenge rules is probably the most realistic but I don't want to be that rigid, just up until I reach semi-pro really or maybe pro So do I only go for my own youth players and make no transfers? or should I only look for transfers within my current league as they are local cos I do know teams still do poach other players in the lower levels (or they did when I played Sunday league anyway as a 16 yr old)  Just need some opinions really as I don't want to feel I am c

L10

23 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Lvl 10 does not get into the FA Cup

OK...that doesn't explain why some teams in my division are in the Walter C Parson Cup, but I'm not...just looking for answers.

38 minutes ago, ZeakFM said:

OK...that doesn't explain why some teams in my division are in the Walter C Parson Cup, but I'm not...just looking for answers.

That one I can't answer as I don't know that cup.

It is possible though that it is limited to the top so many teams from the division and if you are newly promoted, you'd have to wait a year before getting entered. 

I just want to get everyone's thoughts on this, should I continue down as low as I can go, or should I go to like level 17/18 and just add more divisions than I have in previous editions because I'm not sure what division sits at Level 22 this year

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I just want to get everyone's thoughts on this, should I continue down as low as I can go, or should I go to like level 17/18 and just add more divisions than I have in previous editions because I'm not sure what division sits at Level 22 this year

The more divisions you do, the slower the game takes to process. Better to take one 'string' such as Mid-Sussex or whichever now goes the lowest with a playable team and go as far as it takes you.

8 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

The more divisions you do, the slower the game takes to process. Better to take one 'string' such as Mid-Sussex or whichever now goes the lowest with a playable team and go as far as it takes you.

Going down as far as the bottom Mid Sussex leagues has been on my mind for a while, personally I'd rather have 16/17 levels with quite a few leagues rather than go to 22 with only 1 or 2 at the lowest levels