Brexit in FM19

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LLoveLy said:

just  download the NO BREXIT! mod

I buy a game to play it - not to spend time downloading mods or using editor.

It would be much better than community got a game with realistic data, instead of community schould correct things themselves.

15 hours ago, Baodan said:

Brexit being unrealistic? Yeah right...  

Yeah right :-) Im in 11th season and do you really believe there will be 0 modifications to the law during 11 years? I be buy you FM20 for free as a gift, if there will be a hard brexit making it impossible for clubs in the world most famous and commercial League to sign young foreign talent.

Edited by ravenation

8 hours ago, ravenation said:

do you really believe there will be 0 modifications to the law during 11 years?

I think there will be quite a few changes made post Brexit, yes. But a lot of places in the world will probably do one thing or another that might change things around, so where do you draw the line?

8 hours ago, ravenation said:

if there will be a hard brexit making it impossible for clubs in the world most famous and commercial League to sign young foreign talent.

What kind of rules are introduced in a hard Brexit? It seems unlikely to me that EPL clubs would be unable to sign young foreign talents, but surely it will be made more difficult - that's part of why people voted yes to Brexit as far as I know (immigration).

4 hours ago, Baodan said:

I think there will be quite a few changes made post Brexit, yes. But a lot of places in the world will probably do one thing or another that might change things around, so where do you draw the line?

What kind of rules are introduced in a hard Brexit? It seems unlikely to me that EPL clubs would be unable to sign young foreign talents, but surely it will be made more difficult - that's part of why people voted yes to Brexit as far as I know (immigration).

It is a political discussion i dont really believe people knew what they voted for.

But if they want to simulate something that might happen (which is of course ok), then they also have to simulate more than one year ahead.

It is not realistic if there will be a hard brexit that the rules will stay the same forever and ever.

I have 5 wonderkids now in Torquay without WP. Czech, Belgium, Serbian, Argentinian and Italien as i remember.

Is it realistic that clubs can take immigrants into the UK without Working permits? Can you take in immigrants today to the UK with out working permits?

1 hour ago, ravenation said:

It is not realistic if there will be a hard brexit that the rules will stay the same forever and ever.

Despite us agreeing that there will most likely be adjustments made, looking beyond Brexit at this point is pure speculation and not worth the time in my opinion.

I have 5 wonderkids now in Torquay without WP. Czech, Belgium, Serbian, Argentinian and Italien as i remember.

I guess you already figured this out, but you're in the wrong league if you enjoy picking up foreign talent, especially post Brexit.

Is it realistic that clubs can take immigrants into the UK without Working permits? Can you take in immigrants today to the UK with out working permits?

I don't really have a strong opinion on this matter and I also lack sufficient insight because the UK just doesn't interest me in FM. My guess would be that yeah sure foreign people who currently immigrate to the UK could probably play football without a work permit. But I guess they'd have to have some other kind of permits, right?

6 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

I'm in 2022 and I haven't seen a news item yet and England etc are still listed in the European Union section.

Is there a way of checking whether this has been announced?

Check the rules page for the Premier League and see if anything changed since the start or not.

On 23/11/2018 at 13:39, RandomGuy. said:

Then you're absolutely deluded. EPL/Sky are huge in their own wee world, but don't mistake that for actually meaning anything, those decided what happens with Brexit won't give it a second thought.

That's simply not true though. The rules for sporting or entertainment visas/work permits will be written or rewritten to minimise impact on the Premier League. They won't be subject to the same rules as your corner shop trying to employ someone from overseas.

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Jonny700 said:

I’ve not had any brexit, nor any information about brexit. Surely I should have had some info before 27th Oct 2018? 

Nope, in FM it can happen after a couple of years, rather than straight away (taking into account Brexit being stopped, Article 50 being extended, etc).

• 6 months later...

Brexit killed my will to continue with Wolves. I couldn't get good players just because they weren't english. Even guys already known. It became extremely hard, especially since the big english clubs have the same restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2018 at 18:47, Kanwulf said:

I've just had the most ridiculous Brexit scenario which means that teams from Wales and Northern Ireland essentially cannot sign any foreigners at all. All Non-British or Irish players have to be offered a minimum of £8k per week. 

I find it completely ridiculous that this now means I will be unable to sign players for a very long time because teams in NI or Wales are a long way from being able to offer wages that high.

Don't get me wrong, having Brexit in the game isn't a problem with me, but this kind of outcome is a bit too far fetched and has put a complete downer on this save. Especially considering it means I now cannot renew the contract of my Portuguese midfielder.

For context:

Crusaders, who are the only professional team in the NIFL Premiership, have their highest paid players at £1K per week.

Linfield, who are historically the most successful team in NI, have their highest paid player at £800 per week.

TNS, the best team from Wales, have their highest paid player at £975 per week.

Went to Partick Thistle on my current save and had this one thinking maybe I could make it work, was going to leave after a season (but got sacked before then anyway for annoying the board) because there was no way in which I could get close to any of the top sides due to the issues with recruiting foreign players. All British players as is now really were super inflated, think it would have been near impossible to progress the side without seriously investing in the academy to bring monies in which the board were simply unwilling to do.

On 07/12/2018 at 17:26, Gungner said:

You could remove Brexit via the editor in FM18...

I haven't gotten the FM19 editor, so I'm not sure if you can copy that method. 

It’s been disabled in the ‘19 editor. You can’t change it.

On 07/12/2018 at 17:26, Gungner said:

You could remove Brexit via the editor in FM18...

I haven't gotten the FM19 editor, so I'm not sure if you can copy that method. 

2 hours ago, mattskelding said:

It’s been disabled in the ‘19 editor. You can’t change it.

If you want to remove Brexit look here and scroll down to @phnompenhandy's instructions

Popping in here because I was looking for something else Brexit related. 

I've played several saves in FM 2019, and they've ranged from no Brexit / v. soft Brexit (i.e. no changes to rules at all), thru the more common '17-18 foreign player rule' soft Brexit, the '8k minimum weekly wage' harder Brexit right the to way rock-hard Brexit.

My current Norwich save has draconian points-based system for non-UK/Irish players that's even stricter than current rules for non-EU players. As soon as the Prem announced the impending new rules, I packed my youth team with EU prospects (spent 100m quid on dozens of kids instead of making any major signings), and aggressively invested in youth facilities, so it'll keep the wolf at bay for a generation or two. Once it gets to the stage where I'm fielding Joey Barton level regens and any UK talent costs 100m, I'll take a job abroad.

I guess it's fairly realistic, although none of my players have been deported yet, which I presume will happen in real life when Priti Patel starts kicking people out for driving offences!

Edited by redamaher
typos

Anyone know when the date for knowing what type of Brexit you have is? It only says Brexit is happening and more info will come in the coming weeks. I'm in 26 Sept 2020, and want to know if I should have Brexit this year and get it over with, or delay it another year until I'm in a higher division (I'm Torquay in League 2)

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah those rules are what they are at the start of the game, so it's correct in saying there's no changes. 

Cheers, I got confused because I hadn't noticed the WP rules tab in the league structure before, and assumed that they applied for all new signings. Didn't realise it basically means there's no changes to the system. May I ask, is there an idea of how common this Brexit it? I've had loads of saves and I always get the 17 player foreigner one and on occasion, a hard-hard Brexit...this is the softest one I ever got? 

Once you get the message that the UK is leaving the EU and details are to be announced, is it always 1 month after that the changes are announced? I may have missed it and trying to figure out what happened. I think nothing has changed unless I'm still waiting on the details, but I got the original message probably 8 or 9 months ago

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sorry but 17 foreign player Brexit is implemented horrendously. It makes no sense when half the foreign players end up taking English citizenship anyway. It would have been far more accurate if the limit was on players eligible for the English national tea, Genuinely at least 1/3 of foreign EPL players get English citizenship so there's no point in the rules at all. In addition to this, many nations don't allow triple citizenship (which happens often, see Aguero or Ozil). 

Edited by Travis Bickle

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 17 foreign player rule in my FM18 Brexit and the Football League have also changed to squad registration like the Premier League. This has resulted in every club from League Two and above being able to sign a **** load of foreigners. A couple of months post Brexit and I've already seen Gillingham make the most of the new rules by quickly signing five foreigners.

I'm not sure I like it, but they're the rules.

Hopefully for FM2020 they'll see sense and just make it a meme where every three-six months we get a message saying "The EU has approved an extension for the Brexit deadline, the new deadline is on xxx date" and this happens infinitely. Brexit never occurs, none of this random nonsense. And it should be coded this way for all future iterations of the game until Brexit actually happens IRL or is cancelled.

Simple.