Messi only scored 3 goals in first season

Yes they are never going to reach their real life numbers, but I wouldn't say it ridiculous because its very subjective to people's saves. This how he is doing on mine with Barca.

messi.thumb.png.ea70c3b302fcc5eceb65702250c54ccf.png

As you can see his stats for the league are good, I think from memory his stats in the champs league aren't as good but still having a good season compared to the Messi is your save and maybe others.

Edited by sedge11

3 sounds ridiculous, but in general: Goals in isolation don't tell nothing. He may actually outscore what he was expected to score off his attempts at just scoring 10 --- he may underperform at 25.

Generally, top forwards in football long-term roughly convert every 4th to 6th attempt they take at goal. This is constant on all levels of play (and explains a lot of perceived streaks of "form" right there, as most forwards average but two attempts per match -- Messi has 5+ average per match btw). Naturally, not all attempts may be equal opportunity. Central forwards tend to have better opportunity as they mostly are central right in front of goal. Therefore, without context, goals in isolation are meaningless as to FM also. Was he fielded as a wide guy? Central guy? How many shots did he have? This is all to be displayed in his profile.

Edited by Svenc

League was in full detail, I understand that obviously his algorithms in the game are never going to replicate real life but for a game that prides itself on realism this just simply isn’t realistic however you dress it up. For a team like Barcelona who score a lot. For messi to have scored only 3 of those goals takes away from the immersion of the game regardless of whether he is in a wide position or a central position.

19 hours ago, lex311085 said:

Seems a bit too unrealistic. 

Could be peculiar to yours, cos he's scored 17 in 24 in mine and Luis Suarez is on 15 but he is out for 3 weeks, and so far Messi has only picked up one slight knock.

• 2 years later...
52 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

It's sad that Messi and Ronaldo never score more than 25 goals since Football Manager 2016

No it's not sad because they do score more than 25 goals. Make sure the spanish league is set to full detail though!

image.png.2ada4e2cf57431e379ad12d0f2c8ad9a.png

Mentioned this already

Scored 9 on my file in 32 league games his lowest since 2005/6 when he got 6 in 17

most likely because he is being used on the wing or attacking midfield and not a striker

seems only strikers score from open play regularly on this match engine