Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

18 minutes ago, peter16162020 said:

@pilmalm Which tactic you use?

21 hours ago, pilmalm said:

Anyone experience a lot of chances created and high xG, but lack the ability to actually score or make anything out of it?

Using the tactic attached, and ended up 10th, which is realistically a really good result for a 24th expected Wigan first season. However my xPO placed me 4th :lol: Are you guys doing any specific to score more, or actually end up closer to your xG and/or xPO? 

ME23.V2HGFKnapBALSP451MEZP110ECCC.fmf 45.53 kB · 30 downloads

18 minutes ago, peter16162020 said:

@pilmalm Which tactic you use?

This one above..

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@pilmalm

TBH I don't pay much attention to that stat.

Taking the stats at face value , the team is creating chances but the strikers are not good enough to finish chances.

There is probably an element of the AI being defensive and higher reputation the better the team you need.

ST and IFs are the strikers involved, so question is are they good enough.

Pts are mostly for top teams, score may be a better reflection of the effectiveness of tactic. Goals if you prefer high scoring. Arsenal Everton HUB if not top team

On 26/04/2023 at 21:05, knap said:

@darkknight86

May need  clarify

Top team in easy league PSG

Top team hard league  Pool  City

Sub top Arsenal Chelsea  - Arsenal Test   HUB CA 160

Mid table West Ham   HUB CA 140

Underdog Everton      Everton test

Just promoted to PL   HUB CA120

Thank you Mr Knap,

You are very kind

3 hours ago, knap said:

@pilmalm

TBH I don't pay much attention to that stat.

Taking the stats at face value , the team is creating chances but the strikers are not good enough to finish chances.

There is probably an element of the AI being defensive and higher reputation the better the team you need.

ST and IFs are the strikers involved, so question is are they good enough.

Pts are mostly for top teams, score may be a better reflection of the effectiveness of tactic. Goals if you prefer high scoring. Arsenal Everton HUB if not top team

Mhm. Not sure I get that. The save before I took a very young Troyes (predicted 17th in Ligue 1 to a 3rd place and qualifying to UECL knocking out Ajax in the final playoff round). I would way there reputation would be of the same standard when comparing there standard in Ligue 1 to what Wigan is of Championship? I would say my front three def would keep a top 8-10 standard of Championship second season.

@pilmalm

The Championship have a lot of good teams and I guess Wigan formerly PL would be fairly high. Ligue 1 only have a few good teams soo probably a lot easier.

What is xg with regard to the league overperformance/ underperformance stat

3 hours ago, knap said:

@pilmalm

The Championship have a lot of good teams and I guess Wigan formerly PL would be fairly high. Ligue 1 only have a few good teams soo probably a lot easier.

What is xg with regard to the league overperformance/ underperformance stat

Maybe championship is a bit more competitive than Ligue 1. Tho Troyes is not one of them ;) 

xG position:

Skrmavbild2023-04-28kl_19_00_03.thumb.png.a4aafb76656d41d3472d169187593d3b.png

Might go for this 451, which maybe bit more stable? (HGF 451 P101 FA CC)

Edited by pilmalm

@knap @rammerd 

So in Barca, for MRL better is Alba/Gavi or Dembele/Raphinha ? I am asking because game says that Raphinha is only 2 stars for this position and Alba 3 stars - I guess because of deffensive skills required for defensive winger: Marking and Tackling. Are these 2 skills so important on this position? Raphinha has the most assist in the team :D 

image.png.af139808fd845b4debbc18b8f6e4c846.png

@Gucci93

If they can play position, not role, and they play well, I would not bother with stars.

There is very little difference for most roles in a certain position from a players perspective.

3241 Argus Pep with newly promoted Altos in Brazilian first division (predicted 16th) after back to back promotions from third division

CampeonatoBrasileiroAssaSrieA_Stages-6.thumb.png.1963c7b03eac827e0d02336f8b58afa5.png

Surprisingly won Serie A with comfortable margin despite an average squad. Led the league in scoring with 117 goals and conceded 37 which is much less than I expected at this level. Regen striker Manhebo scored 30 in just 25 starts despite starting the year at left winger as he replaced first choice striker Lucao. Should become even more clinical as he develops and fulfills his potential

UrsneManhebo_Profile.thumb.png.e44cdae0b59dd60c51e113977c6cb0d3.png

Another impressively overachieving season combining superb results and great attacking play. SS Fessin was MVP of the league and striker Manhebo was top scorer. Lucao scored 60 goals mostly in the weak Piauiense regional league but couldn't keep his form in serie A as he simply lacked the pace, luckily Manhebo was ready to step up. Goals from corner always a bonus for big CB's especially against weak teams in weak leagues like Piauiense.

AssociaoAtlticadeAltos_BestEleven-3.thumb.png.9357d01674e808070fcce4044568079e.png

AssociaoAtlticadeAltos_Overview.thumb.png.3b48785ebdc93a1a1be5a8385058113a.png

PS 3241 KP is just a shortened name (k=knap, p=pep) beacause knap's tactics names are always so long on the screen :D. It's the 3241 Argus Pep

Hi @knap,

I'm starting a new save with VFB Stuttgart, predicted to finish 15th in the Bundesliga (out of 18)

What tactic do you recommend for a team not struggling with relegation, but still will finish mid table?
when doing a longer term save, will the ai get used to my tactic or is it okay to just use the same tactic?

13 hours ago, kandersson said:

3241 Argus Pep with newly promoted Altos in Brazilian first division (predicted 16th) after back to back promotions from third division

CampeonatoBrasileiroAssaSrieA_Stages-6.thumb.png.1963c7b03eac827e0d02336f8b58afa5.png

Surprisingly won Serie A with comfortable margin despite an average squad. Led the league in scoring with 117 goals and conceded 37 which is much less than I expected at this level. Regen striker Manhebo scored 30 in just 25 starts despite starting the year at left winger as he replaced first choice striker Lucao. Should become even more clinical as he develops and fulfills his potential

UrsneManhebo_Profile.thumb.png.e44cdae0b59dd60c51e113977c6cb0d3.png

Another impressively overachieving season combining superb results and great attacking play. SS Fessin was MVP of the league and striker Manhebo was top scorer. Lucao scored 60 goals mostly in the weak Piauiense regional league but couldn't keep his form in serie A as he simply lacked the pace, luckily Manhebo was ready to step up. Goals from corner always a bonus for big CB's especially against weak teams in weak leagues like Piauiense.

AssociaoAtlticadeAltos_BestEleven-3.thumb.png.9357d01674e808070fcce4044568079e.png

AssociaoAtlticadeAltos_Overview.thumb.png.3b48785ebdc93a1a1be5a8385058113a.png

PS 3241 KP is just a shortened name (k=knap, p=pep) beacause knap's tactics names are always so long on the screen :D. It's the 3241 Argus Pep

Did you amend or edit the tac abit? I was using it but suddenly it lost its power.

Also do you use OI?

And the defenders, what skill do they have? Mine ones just let the goals coming in.....

On 27/04/2023 at 11:52, pilmalm said:

Anyone experience a lot of chances created and high xG, but lack the ability to actually score or make anything out of it?

Using the tactic attached, and ended up 10th, which is realistically a really good result for a 24th expected Wigan first season. However my xPO placed me 4th :lol: Are you guys doing any specific to score more, or actually end up closer to your xG and/or xPO? 

ME23.V2HGFKnapBALSP451MEZP110ECCC.fmf 45.53 kB · 75 downloads

Been finding this with 451 formations too. I added 'shoot less often' to every player, reduced tempo and added 'be more disciplined', none of which have really helped, so I've given up.

9 hours ago, vitoco77 said:

Did you amend or edit the tac abit? I was using it but suddenly it lost its power.

Also do you use OI?

And the defenders, what skill do they have? Mine ones just let the goals coming in.....

Only changed defensive set pieces as I was conceding above expected in Serie B otherwise it's default tactic

No OI

Side CB's cover a lot of ground both on and off the ball so it's important for them to have very good pace/acceleration plus stamina and work rate. They also run with the ball a lot and build from the back so they need decent dribbling, passing and vision otherwise they'll regularly lose possession and expose the team to counter. Think Gvardiol or Bastoni. Wingers are also important for defence as they track back and help covering the flanks. I tend to use wingers or classic brazilian attacking wingbacks with elite pace, dribbling and flair though decent stamina and work rate are a plus.

I also struggle to keep clean sheets and often concede a goal at the end of the game as players get tired though usually we're already up two or three goals. In these situations I'd use more defensive TI's to close out games (lower tempo, waste time, hold shape, regroup, slow pace down).

Offensively this tactic has been consistently amazing for me with the right players (fast wingers, creative playmakers at AMC's and fast striker)

@knap changed these defensive set pieces as they had worked well for me with other tactics (credit to the Assembler/Delicious story). For some reason I seem to concede most of the goals from indirect free kicks and attacking throw ins

AssociaoAtlticadeAltos_Corners.thumb.png.b19bcfb4780c3cab7495ca8cd751b8c3.png

AssociaoAtlticadeAltos_FreeKicks.thumb.png.77ddae04aa6352d54d67b2d95e08506e.png

AssociaoAtlticadeAltos_Throw-Ins.thumb.png.c4da3282457ff99f475880bb637b9613.png

• FM 23 TACTICS
  • GOOGLE DOCS

Knap FM2023 - Google Sheets

KEY ATTRIBTES

GK   Handling Reflexes (Acceleration Agility Decisions- Train)

DRL  Acceleration Pace Decisions ( Stamina Agility Acceleration - Train)

DC           Decisions Positioning Marking Acceleration Pace Strength Jumping (Decisions Marking - Train)

WBRL    Acceleration Pace Decisions (Stamina Acceleration - Train)

DM       Acceleration Pace Decisions (Agility Decisions Tackling - Train)

MRL     Acceleration Pace  (Agility Acceleration - Train)

MC     Acceleration Pace Vision Passing (Decisions Stamina - Train)

AMRL Acceleration Pace Dribbling (Stamina Pace Acceleration - Train)

AMC  Acceleration Pace Vision ( Stamina Agility Acceleration- Train)

ST     Acceleration Pace (Finishing Acceleration Heading Jumping - Train)

GENERAL  Acceleration Pace  Anticipation  Agility Balance Concentration work rate 

Guide to test results

PSG Elite

Man City / Lpool top 

MU/Arsenal

CA 160 top 4-10

Spurs

140  10 - 15

CA 120  15 -20

relegation

Attribute_Weights.pdf.pdf35.17 kB · 59 downloads

Cadoni recommended shouts or use AM for Shouts

FM22 Shouts - Encourage (0-0; 20 min mark) - Calm Down (win 1-0 after you scoring) - Demand More (draw) - Praise (win by 2 goals) - Berate (loss by 2 goals

AWAY GAMES SUS

With regard to Away games it depends upon your own risk factor. I am gung ho and prefer to attack and perhaps win 1 game in 3. If isk adverse then use a defensive tactic and perhaps draw all 3 games.

As a defensive formation I would use451/ 4141 as it has a DM and protects wings.

The LOE can be adjusted with or without DL adjustments. The simple answer is just drop LOE..

For a SUS these are ideas to use.

Remove counter press counter

Remove pass into space

Stop WB runs by going to defend or no nonsense FB

Change mentality cautious

full SUS would be to regroup and hold shape

I tend to judge what to use by how the game is progressing as you may just to want to control game rather than a full SU

TRAINING SCHEDUES

EBTS v22.1 (1).fmf19.43 kB · 41 downloads

CADONI TRAINING

TRAINING - Google Drive

Screenshot (995).png