Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@knap - I've lurked in this thread for two years, thank you for the tactics and advice <3

I have two questions if you have time:

1) How important do you rate the defensive stats for the DW Su and WM Su roles in your strikerless formations? (I'm playing with LookAway at the moment) I've been recruiting wingers (left for left side as a preference) and then training them to DW/WM as necessary, but I'm wondering if your intent with the tactic was actually to use these as strong defensive roles or if it's more just about how the AI plays the role? What's the ideal sort of player for these positions?

2) Similarly with IWBs, I typically retrain a WB/FB for the role. I will swap the player to the other side to get opposite footedness (i.e. right foot for IWBL) if they have a little bit of position familiarity over the other side, but otherwise I'll just keep them on their original side (i.e. right for for IWBR) because switching sides seems to never fully pay off. I was wondering how you handle footedness, and how much it's worth worrying about.

Edited by damicus

@damicus

I am on discord if you just want an informal chat about tactics mentality systems  training etc   https://discord.gg/q5PTaR7G

A DW simply has a lower mentality than a W and just needs a player that can play on the wing, so can be a WB WM W AMR/L and many MCs .It would be same choice as using WA.

I treat IWBs as normal WBs and therefore right foot on right. I am just using a role to create a tactic system.

In general do not over worry about roles just positions.

27 minutes ago, knap said:

@damicus

I am on discord if you just want an informal chat about tactics mentality systems  training etc   https://discord.gg/q5PTaR7G

A DW simply has a lower mentality than a W and just needs a player that can play on the wing, so can be a WB WM W AMR/L and many MCs .It would be same choice as using WA.

I treat IWBs as normal WBs and therefore right foot on right. I am just using a role to create a tactic system.

In general do not over worry about roles just positions.

Awesome, thanks and I will join the discord!

I should say, I wasn't worried about the Role as much as the associated stat training/profile ... but sounds like the stats for winger are good for those positions, and that footedness isn't an issue for the IWB, which rocks, thank you!

With that in mind, should I have my DWs be training as Wingers? Does that even matter?

Edited by damicus

Hi knap, the 'tactic names' sheet had been very useful for me this year, but can you update it a bit more often? Some tactic with weird name like the new Disrael gears and sky spirit tactic look really interesting, it would be nice to know more about it. Thank you a lot

1 hour ago, christrott79 said:

20210304114423_1.jpg

Do you change anything for away games? Other than standard d line occasionally I don't. I'm struggling with opposition #10's, constantly free. Thinking of adding a D role to dlp or even a cm-d instead of bbm. The goal scoring is great but I don't like conceding 

13 minutes ago, IFMI Reaper said:

Do you change anything for away games? Other than standard d line occasionally I don't. I'm struggling with opposition #10's, constantly free. Thinking of adding a D role to dlp or even a cm-d instead of bbm. The goal scoring is great but I don't like conceding 

Nope, pure plug & play.

20 minutes ago, eggenstein said:

Hi Knap, was just wondering if you had seen anything about this formation? Supposedly this formation is a match engine killer, and it's floating around on facebook today. Might be one for you to look into 

157709474_10221866516766114_9119150327404205841_n.jpg

Why not like this if we are about to play s#1.. football

Screenshot_20210304-224645_Football Manager 2021 Touch.jpg