FM TOUCH 2019 - COMPATABILITY

Now the list is released... I am just wondering. 

Would compatability be tied into this list only? 

Reason being I am looking to buy a large tablet in the far East not available on these shores.. 

Is there a minimum power / capability in that devices would run the game or would this game only service the mentioned devices? 

• Administrators
Just now, lfc2007 said:

Now the list is released... I am just wondering. 

Would compatability be tied into this list only? 

Reason being I am looking to buy a large tablet in the far East not available on these shores.. 

Is there a minimum power / capability in that devices would run the game or would this game only service the mentioned devices? 

Its more a list of supported hardware. 

There are hundreds of Android tablets out there, and some coming out all the time that would not have been able to be checked on those devices. 

That said, there's no guarantee some random tablet if you can buy the game, will run it either if its not on the compatibility list.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Its more a list of supported hardware. 

There are hundreds of Android tablets out there, and some coming out all the time that would not have been able to be checked on those devices. 

That said, there's no guarantee some random tablet if you can buy the game, will run it either if its not on the compatibility list.

Thanks.  It is why I am wondering if they could release a minimum specs check list similar to with PC? 

• Administrators
On 26/10/2018 at 23:09, lfc2007 said:

Thanks.  It is why I am wondering if they could release a minimum specs check list similar to with PC? 

Certain things aren't really able to be listed on a min spec sheet, it doesn't quite work that way for Android tablets. I posted in another thread:

Doesn't really work like that. Certain textures the game uses for example, may mean that certain tablets can't support it. I remember that being the case for an old version of FMT (one of the first ones, iirc), but I've no idea about 18/19.

So there are reasons why they can't provide a minimum spec list, and why they provide a compatibility list. 

It isn't just as simple as "new graphics card and processor with silly name and larger number is better" on a piece of paper. And that isn't SI's fault. I've known manufacturers before now use the larger number trick for newer devices that are in fact, worse than older ones.

Archived