Tactical help Rangers FC

Hi folks.

What kind of formation setup would everyone use if playing as Rangers? - thinking of a few possibilities but really looking to gauge everyones opinion..

Looking at the players available either a 4231 or a 4-1-4-1 looks fair enough to me.

Thoughts?

I've started up with a 4-4-2 Wing play and a 4-4-2 counter with only a couple of role changes + player instructions to suit the skills. Need another striker in behind Morelos and Lafferty, but I haven't gotten anyone signed yet.

4231 with a winger on the right underlap and an inside forward on the left with overlap most likely best option with rangers. this will get the best out of the likes of Kent, Murphy (when fit) and Barasic on the left while getting the best out of Candieas and Tavernier on the right. 

23 hours ago, wardog said:

4231 with a winger on the right underlap and an inside forward on the left with overlap most likely best option with rangers. this will get the best out of the likes of Kent, Murphy (when fit) and Barasic on the left while getting the best out of Candieas and Tavernier on the right. 

Good thoughts this!

I might try it for some cup matches, mate. I'm more fond of using Tav on MR than DR, normally.

Your suggestion gives a nice unpredictable dynamic to the symmetry.

Archived