How to disable brexit?

19 minutes ago, bboy said:

damn ok, anyone know why the option to disable was removed? Guess I am going to have to start a game then, was waiting for the editor to amend

I found the European Union agreement in advanced rules for England, but once I unticked it, saved and started up a new game I can't load up any leagues in England

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

When it happens. 

I know that, but I remember that on a certain date you get a message in the inbox that tells you the new registration rules. Do you know on what date?

Great then, I hope someone will post it soon.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

I guess there will be a "no Brexit " file soon available in the editor forum.

thanks, I am fairly new so I am not an expert of the editor but I could not see the option to disable it there? I guess I will await for this file from the experts but I really want to start now :D

Gerade eben schrieb Vali184:

I know that, but I remember that on a certain date you get a message in the inbox that tells you the new registration rules. Do you know on what date?

It's random, it could happen in the first season or in the second or later. 

9 minutes ago, Danarouso said:

You are welcome guys, please let me know if it works. If it does then the person who uploaded that onto the workshop deserves all the credit haha.

silly question but how do you dl the file? I am subscribed but no option to dl?

1 minute ago, bboy said:

silly question but how do you dl the file? I am subscribed but no option to dl?

You may have to close FM 19 after subscribing. After you have re opened it, it should be on there and already selected as you start a new game 

6 minutes ago, Danarouso said:

You may have to close FM 19 after subscribing. After you have re opened it, it should be on there and already selected as you start a new game 

6 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It will be transfered magically in your game directory.

thanks i see it

9 hours ago, Danarouso said:

I found the European Union agreement in advanced rules for England, but once I unticked it, saved and started up a new game I can't load up any leagues in England

Hot dammit, are you sure??? Last year you just had to find the right page and untick one box. Job done.

The problem with adding a file with the fix is that you couldn't load up another edited file. Now you're saying you can't load up England at all????

If SI have sabotaged it that's just plain vicious, beneath even a Farage. Has anyone disabled it without using an edt file?

Just try to enjoy the added challenge and realism that Brexit brings to the game. Sure it's not decided how its gonna happen, but it will and you might as well try to turn the variety of the current implementation into something positive.

3 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

Because the future is unknown, it is just to place a bet on a racehorse and pretend it will happen for sure because the crystal ball speaks loud & clear.

I understand the sort of sentiment behind this, but you do realise what FM is right? It's a game in which you stride into that unknown future, and the Mass Effect series isn't just spoilers for what we're going to find on Mars. You can't really criticise the game for taking into account how it is into account and implementing that. Particularly as its meant its given SI time to refine it for when the Brexit mystery deal finally rocks up. 

SI have been far more competent than the government in outlining potential Brexit scenarios. 

22 minutes ago, santy001 said:

I understand the sort of sentiment behind this, but you do realise what FM is right? It's a game in which you stride into that unknown future, and the Mass Effect series isn't just spoilers for what we're going to find on Mars. You can't really criticise the game for taking into account how it is into account and implementing that. Particularly as its meant its given SI time to refine it for when the Brexit mystery deal finally rocks up. 

SI have been far more competent than the government in outlining potential Brexit scenarios. 

Imvho SI have dropped a clanger on this, not that that will matter.

The debate was done to death last year anyway, but why does anyone care how anyone else wants to play the game? Just play own game, with or without workarounds regarding Brexit in how SI have implemented it (terribly for me, cool for many).

If they've actually gone out of their way to stop people removing this by using the editor it strikes me as a very mean spirited thing to do. Surely the time would be better spent fixing worthwhile things than changing something that allowed players to enjoy the game how they want to? 

Not to derail the discussion @Jibby123 as I agree that if you want it removed then its nice to have the option. But using the argument of "well nobody can predict the future" in a game in which exactly that is happening doesn't feel like the right criticism.

"I don't like Brexit and don't want it included" is a perfectly valid thing to say.

"I don't like Brexit being included because you can't predict the future" is not so, especially in the context of what FM is.

1 minute ago, santy001 said:

Not to derail the discussion @Jibby123 as I agree that if you want it removed then its nice to have the option. But using the argument of "well nobody can predict the future" in a game in which exactly that is happening doesn't feel like the right criticism.

"I don't like Brexit and don't want it included" is a perfectly valid thing to say.

"I don't like Brexit being included because you can't predict the future" is not so, especially in the context of what FM is.

Fair one. I am just glad that modding and the editor can tailor the game to how it's personally liked with logo's, facepacks and real name fixes etc. Kudos to SI for enabling that and those guys who put the workarounds together. It could be much worse! :D

When Brexit is sorted off line (again don't laugh!) I will happily play whatever the dice rolls on real life Brexit. And do get that uncertainty in real life is real for many clubs now in UK, but I am not ready to plough hours in to a game that can be ruined on uncertainty. I am sick of Brexit. I play computer games to escape that! :)

When we know for sure what will happen in football in relation to brexitul, I will play with it. Until then, I can disable it. Why are they not implementing things that are confirmed for the next 1,2,3 seasons in real life?

19 minutes ago, DP said:

If they've actually gone out of their way to stop people removing this by using the editor it strikes me as a very mean spirited thing to do. Surely the time would be better spent fixing worthwhile things than changing something that allowed players to enjoy the game how they want to? 

If they have (has it been confirmed?) then I'd imagine it would be down to causing instability.  While conspiracy theorists would likely disagree, I'm not sure there's really much in it for them to remove something out of spite.

26 minutes ago, forameuss said:

If they have (has it been confirmed?) then I'd imagine it would be down to causing instability.  While conspiracy theorists would likely disagree, I'm not sure there's really much in it for them to remove something out of spite.

How can it cause instability if the first season is standard? ‘Spite’ is probably the wrong word but it does seem like something they want to push on people, for some reason, so may have been frustrated with people turning it off. 

Like you say, all speculation at the moment and may have even been some sort of oversight/mistake so would be good to get the official view. 

6 minutes ago, DP said:

How can it cause instability if the first season is standard? ‘Spite’ is probably the wrong word but it does seem like something they want to push on people, for some reason, so may have been frustrated with people turning it off. 

Like you say, all speculation at the moment and may have even been some sort of oversight/mistake so would be good to get the official view. 

I'm not saying it does, I'm giving a more believable reason than "because we can".  I have no idea why they have done it, if they have done it.  

8 minutes ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

Because having it happen and forcing clubs to spend 7k on wages to play peopl in the first team is a joke and will bankrupt the majority of Scottish clubs 

Wasn't there talks of Scotland staying in the EU and finally getting independence?

Archived