What's The Deal With Bayer Leverkusen?

Whilst I wait patiently for the demo to drop to see if FM19 is any better than 18, I was wondering what the whole promo/focus of SI and Leverkusen is about? I know Miles is a Watford fan so it makes sense that all the promotional screenshots and video clips we usually get around October time of each new FM would be of his Watford team, but how does all the recent Leverkusen-linkage factor? Is it some senior person's favourite team, is there a specific promotional deal in place with SI and the club, is it just a totally random pick so it's not just Watford showcased each year? Even on the steam homepage for the game the video of the "managers story" is going from Watford to Leverkusen. Was just curious as to why Leverkusen seems to suddenly be side by side with Watford as the "unofficial official team" of the FM franchise? thanks.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Getafe said:

Whilst I wait patiently for the demo to drop to see if FM19 is any better than 18,

It is.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Getafe said:

was wondering what the whole promo/focus of SI and Leverkusen is about? 

It's because they're now a licenced team and probably a sponsor or SI sponsor them like they do Watford. Football Manager is plastered all around Vicarage Road. Also in my 2 seasons on 19 Leverkusen are absolutely mint, pushing Bayern right to the limit in the league, can see them winning it soon enough, in game at least.

11 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It is.

It's because they're now a licenced team and probably a sponsor or SI sponsor them like they do Watford. Football Manager is plastered all around Vicarage Road. Also in my 2 seasons on 19 Leverkusen are absolutely mint, pushing Bayern right to the limit in the league, can see them winning it soon enough, in game at least.

9 minutes ago, tyro said:

Official Partner. Check the Leverkusen website.

thanks

14 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It is.

They were 17th in my save but my first game after the update was away to them as Bayern & they absolutely battered me, Brandt & Bailey ran riot 

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

They were 17th in my save but my first game after the update was away to them as Bayern & they absolutely battered me, Brandt & Bailey ran riot 

That's surprises me, they're dominant on mine although just pipped to the title by Bayern. I'll see how they get on this season.

Archived