Miles Jacobson interview LIve

1 minute ago, RocheBag said:

What's wrong with talksport?

It's broadcast bear-baiting designed to get a rise out of the sort of people that can't see they're being trolled.

Apart from that it's alright.  In the same way that someone kicking your shins every few minutes is alright.

48 minutes ago, Jibby123 said:

He always comes across as mega grumpy and/or biscuit assed. Talksport should cheer him up.

He was on the Quickly Kevin podcast a while back, was very good there.

2 minutes ago, forameuss said:

It's broadcast bear-baiting designed to get a rise out of the sort of people that can't see they're being trolled.

Apart from that it's alright.  In the same way that someone kicking your shins every few minutes is alright.

So what do people like to listen to for football talk in the UK? Compared to what we get here in Canada, talksport is great.

Just now, RocheBag said:

So what do people like to listen to for football talk in the UK? Compared to what we get here in Canada, talksport is great.

I'd always prefer podcasts in those cases.  There's a wealth of football podcasts that will give far better coverage of the game than the constant stream you'll get from radio (and that's not just talksport).  It's not quite as immediate, but the coverage is often much better.

1 minute ago, Scotty Walds said:

You obviously haven't listened to Hawksbee and Jacobs.

Some shows are certainly worse than others, but they're all under the same banner.  It's often a pretty unsavoury listen, with phasers well and truly set to LAD.

6 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

Sounds like you do listen to the station "often" then... :onmehead:

Wouldn't say "often".  If the radio is on in the car, it'll be on that, because generally radio is absolutely terrible.  That usually involves very short trips, or the minute or so it takes the dreadful bluetooth system the car has to fire up.  

Durham is by far the worst offender of course.  There isn't a sea deep enough that I'd be happy enough for him to get in.  Brazil is an absolute mess.  The rest can get upgraded to tolerable, but largely pointless.

Adrian Durham is embarrassing. I know he loves football and will be very knowledgeable but he loses all credibility by baiting people to call in. Spurs and Arsenal he likes to pick on and Poch now Wenger has gone. The Alan Brazil show is pretty awful too in the morning. Doesn’t really talk about anything constructive and usually just talks about how much he likes to drink and what racecourse he will be visiting that week.

24 minutes ago, RossJM12 said:

Is there a way to listen again to the interview? 

You can if you download the app.  To be frank, however, it would hardly be worth it.

Ended up just being a 5 minute marketing promotion,  new features, best game ever etc.

46 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Wouldn't say "often".

I used your own word from your previous post. The only show I download the podcast from Talksport for is H & J - they are funny (Hawksbee especially, you can tell he's done a lot of comic TV writing) and pretty knowledgeable. It's not a serious show - shown by the random guests they have on.

Archived