Forcing teams to be relegated, when the league has too many teams.

jcough_96

Hey guys,

I'm attempting to create my own database for Australia. Currently i have the following setup:

- Hyundai A League (18 teams)

- B-League (20 teams)

- National League 1 (6 divisions: NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, TAS)

- National League 2 (5 divisions: NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA)

-National League 3 (3 divisions: NSW. VIC, QLD)

- National League 4 (3 divisions: NSW. VIC, QLD)

The problem i am having is that after promotion and relegation occurs, there are teams appearing in the wrong regional division. I.e. a team from NSW appearing in the TAS division. I have set the regional division for every team at each level, so they should only appear in their specific regions leagues. But i believe the problem is occurring when a NSW team is relegated from the B-League and no NSW teams are promoted. This means that the NSW division in league 1 has too many teams, so they force teams into another League 1 division. If the NSW league has 25 teams instead of 24, i want the next worst team who wasn't automatically relegated to be forced to the NSW division in League 2, instead of the current situation when they are being moved to another league 1 division. I want this to occur to keep all regional leagues to only contain teams from their region.

If anyone knows how i can achieve this it would be a great help, if you need anymore information let me know.

Cheers!

Hi jcough_96,

Try reading the Dynamic Relegation thread pinned at the top of this forum as it seems to explain exactly what you are trying to do...
Unfortunately it didn't really solve my issue where I actually want one of my leagues to change in size!

3 hours ago, Triple3 said:

Hi jcough_96,

Try reading the Dynamic Relegation thread pinned at the top of this forum as it seems to explain exactly what you are trying to do...
Unfortunately it didn't really solve my issue where I actually want one of my leagues to change in size!

can i help with this?

Archived