Wallace v Roberts - the reprise (discussion/sign-up)

Guest roberto922

My opinion is to allow 14 days normally but set it to 7 days during periods where alot of people want to play (Christmas, summer holidays etc.)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure that would work.

In the 7 months the last one went through, each team had 24 seasons. This one will be going on for longer as we will presumably start earlier, and it should go more smooth as we have done it before and have the experience. If we allow people 14 days, presuming we start this in December, in the 11 months this (should last) going up to the release of FM10, presuming that everyone uses the full 14 days, each club would still only get 24 goes. With an extra 4 months. Sorry I couldn't think of a better argument and decided to do some mental arithmetic :D

Guest roberto922

But how much chance is there of peope like Dafuge using all 14 days? It's just that theres quite a few people would struggle with having to do it in 7 days and we don't want to be scaring people away with strict restrictions.

My opinion is to allow 14 days normally but set it to 7 days during periods where alot of people want to play (Christmas, summer holidays etc.)

I think it's a bit too much to be honest. If it goes on for that long, updates would be infrequent and we'd lose a lot of momentum. Appreciate what you're saying about some peopl being much faster than others, but in general if you tell people they have 14 days, quite a number will take exactly 14 to go through it.

Without going back and counting up, the concensus seems to pretty much be that the existing arrangement works pretty well, so I'm thinking I'll stick with that.

Bermy, once i've done my final team report and that of the final Ten Ton season will you be doing a 'wrap up' post about Ten Ton?

Kinda. Not sure if it's exactly what you're thinking of, but I'll be doing an overall wrap up of both teams, mainly based on facts and figures. If you mean a shortened history then no, not really, I'd find it too time consuming.

There is also an award cermony, hopefully I don't upset too many people with that :D

look forward to the awards.... best European season?? ;)

Hmm...define best?

Any other suggestions welcome :thup:

I just did a small-ish list of players and staff that have played/staffed at the club, and also a history of the captains. Would that be any use to you?

Yeah that could be interesting, cheers. Can anyone knock together something for the Softies?

I'd personally go for combination 4, mainly 'cos Blyth's the closet club to me out of all the ones listed. Also, aren't they called Blyth Spartans? That's simply a cool name.

They do also have a fantastically cool badge. I occurred to me I'd like a crack playing as them whenever I've came up against them in the past.

I think the votes so far are

Option 1 - 3

Option 4 - 1

Not counting myself yet.

Just to repost for anyone who hasn't ventured back onto the last page and wants to give some input, the choices for teams have been pretty much narrowed down to:

[font=Courier New]    Team Name       Stadium     Reputation  Balance Parent Club[/font]
[font=Courier New]Combination 1[/font]
[font=Courier New]North   Hyde            4130        1250        18500 [/font]
[font=Courier New]South   Worcester       4004        1250        20000 [/font]

[font=Courier New]Combination 4[/font]

[font=Courier New]North   Blyth           4400        1200        26000 [/font]
[font=Courier New]South   Braintree       4000        1150        40000 [/font]

4-1 in favour of 1 so far.

My name is Des Tiny and I am a southern softie and proud (of it)

I want to have a go this time around, sounds like a lot of fun, I have always been a Northerner, but The Softies is a name I just cannot pass up.

As for combinations I agree Combination 1 is the best. (Gutted to not see Gateshead chosen as the perfect northern team :p)

I just can't wait to see this going after being a long time reader of the old thread.

I like option 1 of all the options, and I think that the 7-10 days is a fine deadline. I don't really care when I go so long as it is after Dec. 12 as that week I have finals.

I am spartans5 and I am a Softie and proud of it.

Well, English geography isn't a strong point of mine so I'd need to take your word for it.

I think I could have more of an attachment to the Spartans than Hyde, I must say. I'm talking myself into this one.

Do we get 300 players?

Yes but god help us if we come up against some Persians :D

As people have pointed out, Blyth is a much better northern club to choose, and Braintree is a much better southern one. Although they're not the most evenly matched option they're both proper Northern and Southern clubs.

For those reason I think all of the people who voted for option 1 should change their minds :p

Either that or Bermy should just put his foot down as thread author and pick option 4, you know it makes sense ;)

That sounds perfect :D It's the taking part that counts. Sure we can't persuade you?

No, I mean either a) I'd forget when it was my week or b) I'd have major technical problems... don't we play this online against the other player? I'd mess up there.

Yeah don't worry, it's not online. The two games are completely seperate. There's just two set up to keep it competitive.

Also, the order of play is not set in stone, it moves about a bit, it's just a case of checking in sometimes to check when it's likly to come back round to you. And to encourage whoever's in control at that point of course.

I've changed my mind. The others can have Christmas, I just need before Christmas, and after Sunday 30th (November). I suppose February onwards is also fine for me, but I like to manage in the lower leagues more and no doubt the teams'll be in the league by then.

Archived