Additional editor options [DOWNLOAD]

SlobaFMB

I edit some editor files and you now with this have some new editor options:

1. You can change for any nation continent

2. Number of child competitions is now limited at 250 (not 50)

3. Some other smaller changes

Extract folder at game location: steamapps/common/football manager 2019/data

comp editor.rar

Edited by SlobaFMB

On 09/11/2018 at 14:51, SlobaFMB said:

comp editor.rar

Thanks for your work. Would it be possible in the future to delete a nation?

10 hours ago, BMNJohn said:

Thanks for your work. Would it be possible in the future to delete a nation?

I also would like to recreate old nations(Yugoslavia,Czechoslovakia,Soviet Union).But I think they won't participate in world cups and other European competions:((

2 minutes ago, josuts said:

I also would like to recreate old nations(Yugoslavia,Czechoslovakia,Soviet Union).But I think they won't participate in world cups and other European competions:((

I remember playing a db like that in FM15. The nations already are in the db, they're just inactive so it's very possible to activate them. I recall that it was possible for the to participate in FM15, and fairly obviously did rather well. The issue was that UEFA and Europe as a continent and their competitions expect a strict number of teams, be it for Champions/Europa League or just Euro/Euro qualifyings, so there were a few things that could not be ironed out. It was also impossible to remove ex-Yugoslavian countries form the database. Just activating the country is easy, but making everything run smooth would require quite a bit of work.

5 hours ago, BMNJohn said:

I remember playing a db like that in FM15. The nations already are in the db, they're just inactive so it's very possible to activate them. I recall that it was possible for the to participate in FM15, and fairly obviously did rather well. The issue was that UEFA and Europe as a continent and their competitions expect a strict number of teams, be it for Champions/Europa League or just Euro/Euro qualifyings, so there were a few things that could not be ironed out. It was also impossible to remove ex-Yugoslavian countries form the database. Just activating the country is easy, but making everything run smooth would require quite a bit of work.

So I guess we don't have any chance?:((

5 hours ago, josuts said:

They will if you manage to recreate all this competitions again. You need to have very good knowlege about advanced editor and game database itself if you want to make something like this.

4 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

They will if you manage to recreate all this competitions again. You need to have very good knowlege about advanced editor and game database itself if you want to make something like this.

Wish I was more experienced but I'm not.Pity:(

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/11/2018 at 14:51, SlobaFMB said:

comp editor.rar

I've created a new comp editor file but when I tried to open editor the screen went black. 

• 1 month later...
On 09/12/2018 at 23:25, Wolf_pd said:

It was possible to extinct a nation untill FM2016, but was then 'fixed' in FM2017 in the second patch.

That's interesting, even if I don't know how it was possible. I should've paid attention back then! :lol: That said, people were able to recover the possibility to compress editor files and the possibility to edit the UEFA coefficient by editing the "comp editor.fmf" file with the FM 19 Editor after comparing the FM19 version of the file with the FM18 and prior versions of the same file. If SI left the lines of code in the "comp editor.fmf" file that allowed to extinct a nation and only removed the visual elements, it theoretically should be possible to recover the functionality with enough tweaking. I doubt it, but it's worth considering.

Edited by BMNJohn

On 20/01/2019 at 11:05, Wolf_pd said:

It is, although in this case you would have to go three games up, so breaking the editor is a bit easier while fixing the problem isn't. 

To be honest, I don't really think the Editor is more stable today than it was three years ago. :brock: That said, how it is that you could extinct some nations back in FM16's Editor? How did people do that? Do you remember the process or the options? I didn't have FM16 as I completely hated playing the demo; had I knew, I would've paid attention back then...

Edited by BMNJohn

Simple, remove the continent and then move all data (Cities, Clubs, Players and Local Regions) to the nation of your choice and integrate the extra teams into the competition. Ok, slightly more work, but if you're not planning to do very precisely you can rebuild Czechoslovakia in about half an hour or less.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Simple, remove the continent and then move all data (Cities, Clubs, Players and Local Regions) to the nation of your choice and integrate the extra teams into the competition. Ok, slightly more work, but if you're not planning to do very precisely you can rebuild Czechoslovakia in about half an hour or less.

Well, it was very crude but it worked. The "comp editor.fmf" file provided by OP in this thread I swapped everything French to Yugoslavia. France is extinct, Yugoslavia lives. I didn't add league rules so Yugoslavia isn't playable despite having leagues, but it exists. I used another file found there to add Yugoslavia to the Nations' League. I couldn't validate either files individually, but together they work. I'll simulate for a while.

Now as you've mentioned,  making everything work would require a lot of work; especially since a lot of things are hard coded Here I just swapped a nation for another to test your theory. In reality, Yugoslavia is the sum of about 7 countries: Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Kosovo and Montenegro. So you'd be removing a net of six nations. You'd need to rework the Nations' League to accommodate for that, rework the European football championship as well. Also, you'd have extra continental cup qualifying spots. Back in FM15 I played a Yugoslavian db and those extra slots were simply assigned at random to other European teams. So yeah, one year we had Real Madrid's Castilla in the qualifying rounds of the Champions' League, and obviously they got very close to qualifying for the group stages. :lol: What I'm driving at is that to make everything work, you would also need a way to alter the qualification places to spread the remaining spots around and avoid them just being pulled at random. I never liked countries potentially having four slots in the Champions' League anyway... :D

To be honest, considering some of those things may be hard coded, I'm not sure if it's at all possible. In the mean time, I hope you can enjoy seeing Antoine Griezmann being the key player for Yugoslavia and enjoying his home matches in Stade de France ahem, Yougoslavie . Yeah, Yougoslavie.

fm_2019-01-22_01-32-30.png

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Luke Cro said:

is there a way to add and duplicate local regions??

In database ui, you have a file called "db record lists".  Open it and find : <!-- local region table --> Then,  you can change the file to allow the creation of new local regions.

It worked for me. I tried the same to add new currencies and new continents, but with no success.

Edited by Monsi9958

12 hours ago, Monsi9958 said:

In database ui, you have a file called "db record lists".  Open it and find : <!-- local region table --> Then,  you can change the file to allow the creation of new local regions.

It worked for me. I tried the same to add new currencies and new continents, but with no success.

@Monsi9958 I have found that file already and modified it, but thanks anyway! 

On 18/11/2019 at 18:45, Monsi9958 said:

Not sure about currencies. Continent number 7 is world, so adding a continent would eliminate or overwrite that one, so I think it is blocked hardcoded.