FM19 Pre Season Matches

How many matches does it take to get the players fit and familiar with the tactics in FM19 for a squad of around 24 players.  I used to play matches every Tuesday and Saturday during Pre-Season in previous version to get them fit and familiar and rotate the squad to suit. I used to have 10-12 games in a 5-6 week period.  In this version with the new training routines and schedules do you need to do this now, and can you lower the amount of Pre-Season fixtures to one a week.

After my first week of Pre-season Training in F19 where I have had 2 matches my coach has said that the week was a fairly low level in training for the stage of the season - however I had 2 fixtures so needed them to rest before they played and put in match preview and recovery schedules.  My future weeks preseason training are the same with 2 matches per week  hence why Im asking the question as I don't want to mess up the start of my game

Any advice from players who have done and compared Pre-season in FM19

I generally go for a minimum of 6 games, in a squad of 25, most players are match ready. 9 is ideal, but some of the games I ma looking at tactical familiarity over fitness.

Pre-season training I usually have a bit higher intensity than usual.

I pick the starting 11 for a friendly based on who needs match sharpness the most and rotate accordingly.

9 minutes ago, Snorks said:

I try and get the easy ones at the end as a morale boost.

Getting morale right at the end of the pre-season can be difficult and I can see where you are coming from.  Truthfully, I have ley my AM arrange the friendlies in FM 19, without apparent problems.

Have just fired up the Demo (waiting for my birthday for the full game :hammer:) so haven't experimented yet. My issue with the AssMan was that he always played the 'best XI' rather than rotating for match sharpness - has that improved in 19?

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

Have just fired up the Demo (waiting for my birthday for the full game :hammer:) so haven't experimented yet. My issue with the AssMan was that he always played the 'best XI' rather than rotating for match sharpness - has that improved in 19?

Nope- I select the team the day before the match but let him run the game

Am I the only person annoyed by the Assistant arranging friendlies on this years FM? Never had a problem with him doing it before this year's game but they always arrange a game for 2 or 3 days before the first league game that I have to cancel so that my players aren't tired. I'll probably go to arrange them myself from now on instead.

Archived