Great player without contract but already 33, sign or not?

Definitely go for him. Still absolutely world class. His physicals might not decline till quite late on - they're brilliant right now, so even if they do decline they'll still be pretty good alongside his outstanding other states, and if they don't you've got one of the best players in the world for a few years.

34 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Was going to say if he fits what you need sign him, but after looking at his stats, only one thing to say SIGN HIM NOW.

Agree. Was going to ask what club, what league, what expectation, what role etc... But that guy is so good he looks like hes been edited! 33 yr old with great technical, mental ability and still has pace. 

He could do an obafemi martins and pretend to be 24 again

He's probably one of the best two or three players in the world in your game and he's still going to be an excellent (peak Xavi level) player when his pace and acceleration drop to 11, which probably won't even happen in the two years he's asking for a contract

That said, he wants £25m a year, so he still isn't exactly cheap if you really don't need him.

Although I do have the editor enabled, I didn't edit the guy (I've never had hiim on my team so there's no reason I would edit him), but I did check that his PA is 199 so he's one badass player.

I loaded an earlier save 5 years before and here's him in his younger years:

g9iObB3.jpg

Yeah I think I'm gonna get the guy, judging from this older image seems his still at his peak, I didn't look at his current CA though. Even if he's 33 he would be the best player in my squad by far.

Ironically, my first friendly this season is against Stuttgart, the team he played for 15 years.

25 minutes ago, Snorks said:

Personally, I would be wary of signing hi as a Key Player . I'd be worried that his legs might decline and you struggle to give him enough game-time for that status.

His legs would have to go very quickly... And even then hes got amazing mental and technical ability. 

24 minutes ago, Snorks said:

Personally, I would be wary of signing hi as a Key Player . I'd be worried that his legs might decline and you struggle to give him enough game-time for that status.

You can always drop the status later. And unless he's got a serious injury, his pace isn't dropping from 16 to too-slow-to-be useful in the first few months of the contract

Hell, you could probably build a tactic around him to win Champions Leagues if it dropped to 8...

13 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

You can always drop the status later. And unless he's got a serious injury, his pace isn't dropping from 16 to too-slow-to-be useful in the first few months of the contract

Hell, you could probably build a tactic around him to win Champions Leagues if it dropped to 8...

Wasn't his pace I was worried about, him getting through a run of 90 minutes fixtures. Dropping his status later is always an option but can upset him if done at he wrong time, Best to eave that until before the start of the season but not the window you sign him in.

But that was just my two cents worth.

I'm not saying he isn't a quality player who can do a job, 

I'm wary of his squad status and managing his game time. Handle him like Paul McGrath at Villa - don't train during the week, but play on the weekend to save the knees.

2 hours ago, GoldenGoal said:

His hidden mentals appear to be very good according to my scout as well; I offered him a contract, now I'm just waiting to see if he accepts and comes. He can also boost our shirt sales.

kxdiyCD.jpg

£9 m per annum in shirt sales reduces that seasonal cost a lot...

Yeah, I'd sign him for 2-4 yrs.

Even if his Quickness does decline he should still excel as a more stationary creative focal point for your team.

At that point, just reduce his pressing & roam options and either have him either stay back or forward all the time.

Even if much slower he's still worth building a supporting tactic around.

10 minutos atrás, Cal585 disse:

Can we talk about the fact that he's only rated 2nd in your team for AM?

Which is odd actually, since he is way better than the guy listed as #1. Not all coaches in my team have that view however, some list Girard as #1.

This is the other guy, I actually use him as a AM (R) and rarely as AM (C):

Ojyyk0T.jpg

2pLKWKj.jpg

Got to ask why you even doubted the idea. It's like asking if people would sign the current Cristiano Ronaldo on a free. Anyway, this guy could have acceleration and pace of 10 and he would still do a really good job for you. The rest of his attributes mean that his physical isn't that important as long as his role makes sense when he has slowed down. He's still going to have incredible vision and decisions making him more intelligent than pretty much any opponent you're going to come up against. 

Archived