• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - November 2019 - Inter Club d'Escaldes

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

wG7r0PZ.png

6gELlWR.png

The Ordino game was the ultimate shitshow, and all our goals this month have come from outside the box (a couple of beautiful ones as well). This tells me the problem is far from solved. The points are on board though, and that's what we need right now.

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - January 2020 - Inter Club d'Escaldes

Copa Constitució

SAAWMR0.png

A routine win against lower league opposition.

Lusitans away in the quarter final in March.

Transfers

Joan Alastuey - a regular U21 international to boost our numbers in midfield. There's the off chance he'll actually develop into a useful player.

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - February 2020 - Inter Club d'Escaldes

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

KZ5u1uS.png

oH5yIJ9.png

As long as we keep our heads above the surface, I'm happy. Three games to go before the split, nine altogether.

Youth Intake

3oslOGR.png

Nothing to get too excited about, though I don't understand why Ruiz has his ability rated so low.

Lázaro Ruiz

Alfonso Ripa

11 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

They have very good roster IRL and  try to fit between Andorran strong sides.Is Ildefons Lima still there?

Nope, unfortunately not. In the game there's a visible gulf in quality between us and the top half teams. The only thing that surprises me is how Lusitans are struggling this season, they also have a very good squad on paper.

2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Yeah it is a surpise,Inter Escaldes in my save too  fight to avoid relegation.Lusitans have some amazing Portuguese regens and won comfortable Andorran league last season.

I've also heard about the regens, and I've also already noticed a few of them in their squad. I have the Portuguese leagues loaded though, so they're more likely to be poached by other clubs.

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

I've also heard about the regens, and I've also already noticed a few of them in their squad. I have the Portuguese leagues loaded though, so they're more likely to be poached by other clubs.

Loading the Portuguese leagues is the best thing you can do in this situation, I've won many a league in Andorra because their players get poached :D

18 minutes ago, shaunvamos said:

Loading the Portuguese leagues is the best thing you can do in this situation, I've won many a league in Andorra because their players get poached :D

We still have a long way to go in the league, but we're enjoying a very good run against Lusitans. :D

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2020 - Inter Club d'Escaldes

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

5rxDT07.png

VAd1Jwb.png

Four points from three away games isn't a bad return at all. Six games against teams below us now, and with a nine point advantage over the play-off spot we're in a good position to avoid relegation.

Copa Constitució

orzdmH0.png

Four wins out of four against Lusitans, not bad!

We've drawn Sant Julià in the semi final, so we're as good as out.

22 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Have you ever noticed how much your coach's attributes and training stars improve after these courses?

The attributes improve with each completed course, now most of them stand at 8 or 9 in my case. From my experience with previous games they should also be improving with time, although I'll probably only be able to observe that properly after completing all the courses.

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - April 2020 - Inter Club d'Escaldes

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

G1GCUmd.png

lStGPMm.png

This shows a lot of promise for the next season. Can we win the remaining two games and be perfect in the relegation group?

Copa Constitució

1warlm6.png

We got ****ed over big time, having a goal inexplicably disallowed at 1:1 and conceding almost straight away. We did put up a good fight though.

Jy5lMF5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2019/20 - Inter Club d'Escaldes

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

Results (regular season) - Results (relegation group)

Competition Performance: 5th

A classic mid-table performance. We had some awful runs during the season, but then we also finished with six wins out of seven games, which shows some promise ahead of the upcoming campaign. With some improvements I hope we'll be challenging for a top half finish next year.

Copa Constitució

Competition Performance: Semi-Final

A better showing than expected. Could have been even better with more luck.

Squad

A few good players in there, but overall we definitely don't have the quality to push for the top spots. Unfortunately the players that would actually improve the squad don't really want to come to us.

Transfers - Finances

Some decent signings in there, Bernal, Campos, and Alastuey in particular. We still have some way to go before we can do any more spectacular business.

We're in the black, so we're good. It doesn't get much better than that here.

Player of the Season

1st - Sergio Moreno - our most consistent performer, and, rather surprisingly, the second top scorer with seven league goals to his name. On a good day he's probably one of the top players in the league, which really says a lot about its quality when you look at his attributes. He definitely provides some much needed experience

2nd - José Antonio Bernal - he definitely took his time to settle, but once he did, he actually became quite prolific up front in the last few games of the season. If his form carries over to the next campaign, we may stand a chance against Andorra's big boys.

3rd - Carlos Gomes - perhaps slightly better on paper than on the pitch. I'd expect one of the best players in the side to surpass the 7,00 average rating, but he did provide some important goals and assists in the league. Maybe he would do better if he was surrounded by better players?

Next Season

Try to find some improvements and sneak into the top four.

28 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

E6OE8kG.png

Yeah, well... so maybe, just maybe I've been silently hoping for the Lusitans job to become vacant after their struggle. I mean, I would be a fool not to try, right?

Enjoyed the read so far, you accepting the interview.

HZCTsRf.png

Three times more than I'm making now and an opportunity to manage the club with the potential to become the biggest in the country? Where do I sign?

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - New Club - Fútbol Club Lusitans

lURiavg.png

It doesn't get much bigger than that in Andorra.

Club Name: Fútbol Club Lusitans
Nickname: Lusitanos
Year Founded: 1999
Stadium: Camp d'Esports D'Aixovall (899 all-seater)

borkbKn.png

This green on red looks horrible, but I'll have to get used to it.

qEAy6vS.png

Let's get right down to it.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2020/21 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Board Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it
Copa Constitució: Win it

My Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it. We have a ridiculous squad.
Copa Constitució: Win it.

Budgets:

Transfer: £40,029
Wage: £2,518 (currently spending £1,063)
Balance: £248,360

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2020/21 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Friendlies

WRQQOhF.png

Decent enough. For the first time I've managed to beat my own B team, which should be a good sign.

Transfers

zcQmEZ8.png

Hardly anything spectacular, but then again, we didn't need a revolution.

Jordi Rodriguez - an Andorran international jumps in between the sticks.

Sebastian Sánchez - an interesting prospect from my first club FS Massana. Will be interesting to see whether he develops.

Florent Delpuech - a beast of a centre back.

10 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

:eek: Christ!

1 hour ago, Minuy600 said:

'Valued at 475 pounds'

Did the game overflow and fail to display the zero's behind the 475? :D

Funnily enough I had Monaco bid £0 for him. I negotiated to £100K and 50% of next sale, thinking it's still a ridiculously low price for such a club (reigning French champions on my game) and such a player. They backed out. :lol:

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2020 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

ihzI80q.png

D8wKFXh.png

We're probably going to need some time to properly click. The opening game was definitely our best performance so far. We also dominated the other two games, but the results - especially the late draw at U.E. Santa Coloma - don't really do us justice.

Lusitans struggles in your save prior to you taking over do mirror real life as they are currently in the bottom half in real life.

In Division Two, again in real life, Jenlai have gone bust and Sporting Escaldes have lost all eight of their league games so far, scoring four goals and conceding........sixty four!

22 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Lusitans struggles in your save prior to you taking over do mirror real life as they are currently in the bottom half in real life.

In Division Two, again in real life, Jenlai have gone bust and Sporting Escaldes have lost all eight of their league games so far, scoring four goals and conceding........sixty four!

The second tier sounds like a fun league then. :D

If I stay in Andorra for a few more seasons I might actually start following Andorran football, who knows. So far I've skimmed through the Wikipedia article about the country and there are some interesting things there, such as the demographic structure and the laws regarding gun ownership. I'd recommend looking those up to anyone who hasn't yet. :thup:

On 30/11/2018 at 21:37, Rikulec said:

The second tier sounds like a fun league then. :D

If I stay in Andorra for a few more seasons I might actually start following Andorran football, who knows. So far I've skimmed through the Wikipedia article about the country and there are some interesting things there, such as the demographic structure and the laws regarding gun ownership. I'd recommend looking those up to anyone who hasn't yet. :thup:

I’m lazy, what are these crazy gun laws? Surely they’re not as mad as America’s “you get a gun you get a gun everyone gets a gun” policy

6 minutes ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

I’m lazy, what are these crazy gun laws? Surely they’re not as mad as America’s “you get a gun you get a gun everyone gets a gun” policy

Well, actually... :D

Andorra does not have its own armed forces,[2] although there is a small ceremonial army. Responsibility for defending the nation rests primarily with France and Spain.[96] However, in case of emergencies or natural disasters, the Sometent (an alarm) is called and all able-bodied men between 21 and 60 of Andorran nationality must serve.[97][98] This is why all Andorrans, and especially the head of each house (usually the eldest able-bodied man of a house) should, by law, keep a rifle, even though the law also states that the police will offer a firearm in case of need.[98] Andorra is a full member of the United Nations (UN), the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), and has a special agreement with the European Union (EU).

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - October 2020 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

gTihmLu.png

sbrp21Q.png

A strange month, in all honesty. We don't seem to have problems scoring; it's the defending where the issue is. Against Penya Encarnada we went 3:0 up at half time only for them to equalise thanks to a hat-trick from a certain Manuel Lopes. Then against F.C. Santa Coloma we also grabbed the lead in the 75th minute and still lost, which has cost us the top spot for the time being.

Archived