Is worth doing position retraining in FM 2019?

In FM2018 it was very rare (I found) for position retraining ever to have much success. Should I just ignore the suitability colour circle in favor of attributes only? For example a number of my CMs are "incompetent" as DMs, despite clearly having the necessary attributes. Should I just be ignoring that? Or supplementing individual training with position retraining?

hace 1 hora, bennyj22 dijo:

In FM2018 it was very rare (I found) for position retraining ever to have much success. Should I just ignore the suitability colour circle in favor of attributes only? For example a number of my CMs are "incompetent" as DMs, despite clearly having the necessary attributes. Should I just be ignoring that? Or supplementing individual training with position retraining?

a player will do ok with half of competence (half circle) i have right now a CM that is playing without problem as a DM due to injury crisis and im actually training him to be one since he has the stats and is better than my Backup DM

so yes, retrain is worth and actually the cheapest way to replace certain positions (making a CM a DM, a Forward into a Winger, a winger into wingback etc.)

2 hours ago, bennyj22 said:

You can train and play them for 10 seasons in new position  - i dont see any improvements in the circle. So probably no.

As far as I am aware, it is mostly decisions and mental stats that are affected by playing a player out of position. I hope someone who knows better than me can clarify, but they take some hit to those stats. So the desire to retrain will depend entirely on if they have low decisions  (and what other stats may be influenced. If they have good mental stats, it will not make much difference I should think.

7 hours ago, ravenation said:

You can train and play them for 10 seasons in new position  - i dont see any improvements in the circle. So probably no.

This is my experience also. Which means you are only adding to a player's training intensity for nothing.

hace 4 horas, bennyj22 dijo:

This is my experience also. Which means you are only adding to a player's training intensity for nothing.

it depends on Polyvalency (is that how is spelled?...) some players just can't learn other positions, and is kind neccesary to play him in the position as well, i had one CM that Got to Yellow (4/10 i think) in DM just by a week and 1 and a half game in DM, also had a AML training to play in the other side and the guy took about a season to reach a dark green (8/10) also there are players that just don't learn more than 3 positions and take points from other position to learn the new one (happened to me in 17, i don't know about 19)

21 hours ago, bennyj22 said:

Some players learn positions faster, other slower, some don't at all. It depends on player versatility. So far, on the 9th FM19 season, success percentage is quite good (most are able to become natural with enough match practice); but I scout players until I get a clear image of their versatility before signing them.

On 24/11/2018 at 22:00, ravenation said:

I’ve been playing Havertz at CM all season (albeit in rotation with others) and training him as CM, I’m at the end of the season and he still hasn’t moved  from accomplished. I’m wondering if they’ve purposefully made it harder in this FM.

12 minutes ago, Vicz said:

I’ve been playing Havertz at CM all season (albeit in rotation with others) and training him as CM, I’m at the end of the season and he still hasn’t moved  from accomplished. I’m wondering if they’ve purposefully made it harder in this FM.

Some players ('cause of low versatility etc) can't progress above accomplished, sometimes even above competent. Usually, staff in reports tell you if the player can progress more or he's reached his limit at position training.

Seemed to be pretty much 100% success rate on recent FM's, at least in terms of getting them to accomplished.

Not so this year, seems to take longer, sometimes not being possible at all.

Once I have someone to Accomplished I'm pretty happy, not concerned about chasing Natural status. If he was a natural, he wouldn't need training!

2 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Seemed to be pretty much 100% success rate on recent FM's, at least in terms of getting them to accomplished.

Not so this year, seems to take longer, sometimes not being possible at all.

Once I have someone to Accomplished I'm pretty happy, not concerned about chasing Natural status. If he was a natural, he wouldn't need training!

Actually using players in the position he's training decreases learning time significantly. Even staff sometimes say in reports  "Xxx is improved in [position] due to match experience". So, probably, real match experience is now heavily influencing position learning. And it makes sense.

22 hours ago, Xeewaj Q. said:

Some players learn positions faster, other slower, some don't at all. It depends on player versatility. So far, on the 9th FM19 season, success percentage is quite good (most are able to become natural with enough match practice); but I scout players until I get a clear image of their versatility before signing them.

How do you see the player's versatility rating?

5 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

How do you see the player's versatility rating?

It's in the reports:

vers.png.c5a1293caa3337bfa1eace2d738342da.png

Green means good overall versatility, yellow - average etc.

Also, scouts/coaches often say:

retr.png.9bcf92c990b2707cbcab75fd7b9a1d38.png

Here color means that he'll unlikely reach natural and will stop at accomplished and a chance he may lose it if not trained/played.

Can be exceptions, of course (i.e. when the player reached his limit of natural/accomplished positions), but generally, it works.

so does the fact that he's a natural in a couple of positions indicate that he's versatile enough to train in other positions? I thought that simply meant that he could already play those positions rather than he could learn new ones. 

1 minute ago, jcp1417 said:

so does the fact that he's a natural in a couple of positions indicate that he's versatile enough to train in other positions? I thought that simply meant that he could already play those positions rather than he could learn new ones. 

Can't say for sure. But the potential for retraining is definitely a good indicator.

Archived