Roles suited to a style of play

Do you understand and agree with that advice/description for the Mezzala? 

I sort of see where the writer was coming from but it's very subjective and misleading. It's assuming absolution or... The extreme... That attacking roles are better with high block, defensive roles are better with low block. It's really not the case... 

Let's say they did slot every role in similarly...and you follow each advice... You would end up with the most extreme attacking or defensive solution. Whichever style you go for the likelihood is you want to use some role/pi/ti/mentality to add balance. 

I. E. I want a possession style... Description might be for every support duty or playmaker role 'suitable for a possession tactic' but you don't want 11 playmaker right? You still want a centre back and a goalkeeper and a striker... 

35 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Do you understand and agree with that advice/description for the Mezzala? 

I sort of see where the writer was coming from but it's very subjective and misleading. It's assuming absolution or... The extreme... That attacking roles are better with high block, defensive roles are better with low block. It's really not the case... 

Let's say they did slot every role in similarly...and you follow each advice... You would end up with the most extreme attacking or defensive solution. Whichever style you go for the likelihood is you want to use some role/pi/ti/mentality to add balance. 

I. E. I want a possession style... Description might be for every support duty or playmaker role 'suitable for a possession tactic' but you don't want 11 playmaker right? You still want a centre back and a goalkeeper and a striker... 

It’s not in the sense of specific roles being only suitable to one way of playing, it’s more that they can enhance a style of play. Like having a sweeper keeper can enhance playing a high press games as it covers the space your defenders leave more aggressively. A standard keeper will still work (I’ve done it) but a sweeper keeper gives you more aggression. Same as a Mezzala who can drag players wide with their movement which is really beneficial when you press high and the space is compact. That’s essentially what I’m looking for, peoples opinions on which roles enhances which style of play 

Archived