Tactic Help

I really thought I had this game in the bag but its just so frustrating.  I got Slough promoted from the VNS in the 2nd season via the playoffs after losing in the playoffs in Season 1

I am not expecting to walk the VNN and somehow i have managed to keep them above relegation however I cannot make sense of whats going on 

Im playing a 4-1-4-1, will usually flick between mentalities depending on the opposition. 

cWwJ8AP.png

in this case I am playing Ebbsfleet who are near the top.  They are setup as follows

IgokLXC.png

the full backs are killing me, even though i am set to defend wider

1tRQBQC.png

the player underlined in red is the ebbsfleet full back, it leads to a goal.  No idea why my team are sitting so narrow, if they followed my instruction they should be out wide closing down.

The defensive shape in that particular picture is ok/fairly normal... What happens when the ball is played to the right? They should all shift over, and with the added defensive width your lwb should be willing to get out to the touchline if necessary. 

Can you post a video of the goal (either record a custom highlight in game and upload to YouTube, or use a Gif capture?) 

If not show us the next couple of pictures as play progresses... 

E: The extreme pressing is an issue that's why your rb and midfield are being drawn to the ball carrier... Probably the same thing occurs as the ball moves across. This was a known issue for the retail release so I'd tone down your pressing urgency until an official update... Or join the public beta. 

It auto updates the official releases. This year there is a public beta. In theory it should be a risk because the MEs can be more trial and error... Or perhaps new stability issues... But so far, in my view, each update to the public beta has been an improvement. One of which was to pressing. 

Instructions and info to join can be found sticked as one of the top threads in the general discussion forum. 

Archived