Promised sell value

So a player becomes unhappy that you've rejected a bid, even though it wasn't enough to consider selling for. You manage to negotiate a reasonable value that you'd accept if someone came in with it. Will they become unhappy if they come back and bid that amount in instalments or based on certain events? The bid I rejected was made up of values based on goals scored, after x amount of games, etc. I'd want that money up front for a replacement as I'm a fairly small team, so I'm weary now on whether said player will be annoyed if they come back and it's not all up front. Anyone know? I've never really agreed a sell fee with a player as I usually value them a lot higher than the players think they're worth (like a 25 goal a season Prem striker valued at £15m thinking it's unreasonable for me to want just over £20m for him).

Basically, will my player only be annoyed if I reject the full amount up front that I've agreed with him, or will he still be unhappy if it's in awful instalments that won't benefit me and the club?

I've had something like this with one of my players, who wanted to join Ajax. I didn't want to sell him because the Italian transfer window had closed, though the Dutch window was still open.

After rejecting Ajax's first offer, he got annoyed, so I promised I'd sell him if they offered €7.5million. Ajax came back with an offer totalling €8million, but part of that was in installments. I rejected that one too, because (again) I never intended to sell... but I didn't hear a peep from the player afterwards.

The player's hidden attributes probably play a part in how he reacts in that situation. It seems to be, though, that the fee has to be offered up front for it to register with him.

the monthly installments count towards the promise you made, but the clauses don't. Why wouldn't monthly installments count? it's money that you ARE gonna get, so you just have to go and use that installments in whichever player it is you want to replace him with. Money from clauses that you may or may not receive (x ammount of goals per season, x ammount of games played for the buying team, % of future transfer, etc.) won't have an impact in terms of the promise. 

Archived