Quality of USA Youths

im guessing those are the same as any other team, the only variable is the draft guys, which i don' really know where is he based off...maybe that uses top facilities? i don't play at MLS that much to notice but most draft players tend to be better than intakes so maybe they get a facilities boost compared to the best team facilities? because top facilities in MLS can generate world beaters i guess since USA youth rating is rather high

6 minutes ago, WorcesterLegend said:

im guessing those are the same as any other team, the only variable is the draft guys, which i don' really know where is he based off...maybe that uses top facilities? i don't play at MLS that much to notice but most draft players tend to be better than intakes so maybe they get a facilities boost compared to the best team facilities? because top facilities in MLS can generate world beaters i guess since USA youth rating is rather high

I think I read a while back that that's changing.  The draft always used to be the way to get these highly rated youths, but clubs are starting to bring in better players, perhaps foreign, into the clubs through different avenues, rendering the draft less important than it used to be.

Could be completely anecdotal though.

I never see American new gen world beaters though. Even when I edit the USA youth rating to 200. Which points to the team’s facilities not being able to produce that talent. I just don’t know if it’s the academies ratings or the major team’s ratings that matter. 

Based on a talk I had last year in a different thread (I think it was the minnows thread), country reputation also plays a big part in driving regens.

So all the youth upgrades (recruitment, junior coaching, youth facilities) and country reputation. Might be some league reputation as well?

Youth rating is probably a type of X-Factor but only a small piece of the whole puzzle.

9 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

I never see American new gen world beaters though. Even when I edit the USA youth rating to 200. Which points to the team’s facilities not being able to produce that talent. I just don’t know if it’s the academies ratings or the major team’s ratings that matter. 

Really? I often (in all saves) get youth american that walk into my rotation setup at clubs like Benfica, and within 1-2 years at Man City. This is on fM17 .tho.

21 minutes ago, steakfaced said:

Really? I often (in all saves) get youth american that walk into my rotation setup at clubs like Benfica, and within 1-2 years at Man City. This is on fM17 .tho.

I have yet to see it on 19. And do they come from an American academy first or are they generated directly into the Man City youth intake?

2 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

I have yet to see it on 19. And do they come from an American academy first or are they generated directly into the Man City youth intake?

From random academies, so they're seriously cheap and/or free. Always worth picking up simply because the profit is infinte haha.

Archived