Any point of having a 23/reserve team in the lower lower leagues of football?

im starting a save with hyde who are in level 7 at the moment, they dont have a u23/ reserve team in the game. is there any benefit in me giving them one at this level, or should i just wait for the game to give me one in the future, i plan on this to be a long term save so not sure what to do

I play in the VNS with Bath City, and have both. I don't really have any players in the teams, except the Grey army. But it is a good place to give second string players some match practice, as well as players getting back from injuries. The AssMan makes sure there are friendlies pretty often. So I can keep my whole squad at high match sharpness levels.

As you move up the league system (hopefully), you can start using them for actual development of young players.

Some successful Amateur Club may have up to a couple dozens of Teams of all kind, so naturally they have somthing similar to a U23 Team when they have 3 or 4 or maybe even more Senior Teams.

Hertha Zehlendorf does have 4 "Herren Teams" - ofc these have different skill Levels and usually the 1.Herren is the First Team but then you see they have 3 more Teams, not only one or none - that is sometimes the result of having so much members or because of fusions with other Clubs that brought in some Teams.

Archived