Stuttering graphics

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum so please advise if this should be posted elsewhere. Can't see a general tech help forum and this is not a bug as far as I can tell.

I'm getting stuttering graphics on the match engine, sometimes even on low graphics settings and sometimes the transitions between screens is a little jerky as well.

I have an Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black edition which has the following specs:

Processor: Core i7-6700HQ @2.60GHz

16GB RAM

128GB SSD

Graphics: GeForce GTX 960M 4GB

Windows 10

I've checked my settings and they appear to be set at high performance but I'm not 100%. 

My FM preferences for graphics are set to medium.

Any ideas where i'm going wrong?

44 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Check that you are always on mains power and that the driver on your graphics card is fully up to date.

Yep, always on mains power. The Nvidia app suite has a load of 'optimisations' with game specific driver settings. I've tried uninstalling all of the Nvidia apps and just going the bare driver, albiet the most up to date one via the windows update. Everything is a lot smoother now but i'm now with out the graphics apps for tweaking performance

7 minutes ago, BoundedCascade said:

I am having the same issue, it has become unplayable in 3D mode now. I had no issues from the last update but as of 1.2.0 the 3D mode is completely unplayable.

Try lowering the graphical setting in preferences and see if that helps.  If not, please open a new thread in the Crashes sub-forum of the main FM 19 Bugs forum

Try this - go to Nvidia control panel - 3D app settings - click the tab for individual programs, find the FM19 exe. Scroll down the list of options and set Vertical Sync to Fast, then apply. 

Apologies if some the names are wrong as I'm not in front of my PC right now, but you should be able to figure out what I mean. 

On 15/12/2018 at 00:56, bar333 said:

Try this - go to Nvidia control panel - 3D app settings - click the tab for individual programs, find the FM19 exe. Scroll down the list of options and set Vertical Sync to Fast, then apply. 

Apologies if some the names are wrong as I'm not in front of my PC right now, but you should be able to figure out what I mean. 

Thanks.

Things massively improved after I went to the bare driver without any Nvidia apps. So i've reinstalled the Nvidia control panel and things still seem ok, thought there are times where it's a bit more jittery.

I went to the Vertical Sync setting but there is only an on or off setting, no speed settings are available.

Archived