How to improve Level of Discipline attribute?

Did you select an attribute of 1 when you built your manager?I think you are doing the correct things. You have increased your stats by 2 points. Its just going to take time.  It think if you rebuilt your manager stats you would see an increase in two points from your chosen starting attribute. 

What have you been doing to get your Handling Team Discipline up to 100%?   Mine has dropped to 45% and I have always been poor in this area across all the Football Managers.  Do you constantly fine players? Or do you use aggressive team talks often? Or you refuse to give praise after winning? 

I often criticise my players form and training if performance has dropped. I fine a weeks wages for a straight red card. Cant seem to improve my stat. 

Just being hard with discipline is not the whole answer- you also need to be fair as well, so if a player needs discipline, start with a warning and then fine after repeated infringements.  Going straight to a fine is not necessarily going to be beneficial, unless it is a serious breach.

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

Just being hard with discipline is not the whole answer- you also need to be fair as well, so if a player needs discipline, start with a warning and then fine after repeated infringements.  Going straight to a fine is not necessarily going to be beneficial, unless it is a serious breach.

I would say I follow the same sort've path as yourself but my rating sits at 50%. 

On 19/12/2018 at 13:14, stevie_boy said:

Did you select an attribute of 1 when you built your manager?I think you are doing the correct things. You have increased your stats by 2 points. Its just going to take time.  It think if you rebuilt your manager stats you would see an increase in two points from your chosen starting attribute. 

What have you been doing to get your Handling Team Discipline up to 100%?   Mine has dropped to 45% and I have always been poor in this area across all the Football Managers.  Do you constantly fine players? Or do you use aggressive team talks often? Or you refuse to give praise after winning? 

I often criticise my players form and training if performance has dropped. I fine a weeks wages for a straight red card. Cant seem to improve my stat. 

Im not sure how handling team discipline got to 100%, I don't fine players very often apart from if they have been sent off for a 2nd time in a season, I use Aggressive team talks only if we are 2 or more down at half time and have played awful (not many shots) and i praise players individually if they get a match rating of 8 or higher. 

The attribute started at 1 and then rose to 3 but that was after either 1 or 2 seasons, and it hasn't risen since which has confused me, as I'm always getting players complaining. (Had a backup (squad status) player complain that he wanted to leave when not playing recently when he only missed the first few games of the season, even tho he was playing in most of the games at the end of the previous season)

On 20/12/2018 at 13:21, WFaithorn98 said:

Im not sure how handling team discipline got to 100%, I don't fine players very often apart from if they have been sent off for a 2nd time in a season, I use Aggressive team talks only if we are 2 or more down at half time and have played awful (not many shots) and i praise players individually if they get a match rating of 8 or higher. 

The attribute started at 1 and then rose to 3 but that was after either 1 or 2 seasons, and it hasn't risen since which has confused me, as I'm always getting players complaining. (Had a backup (squad status) player complain that he wanted to leave when not playing recently when he only missed the first few games of the season, even tho he was playing in most of the games at the end of the previous season)

I think you have just set your attribute too low when you built your manager. You must be doing everything right if you have managed to get 100% and increase your attributes. 

I feel like I’m doing the same as you but not getting improvement in this stat. Do you give the players what they want when they complain?  Do you criticise victories if performance was low?

7 hours ago, stevie_boy said:

I think you have just set your attribute too low when you built your manager. You must be doing everything right if you have managed to get 100% and increase your attributes. 

I feel like I’m doing the same as you but not getting improvement in this stat. Do you give the players what they want when they complain?  Do you criticise victories if performance was low?

I started with my manager having Sunday league playing experience and no coaching badges so I only had a few points to use when improving the attributes at the start. When a player complains i usually give me what they want/ tell them to leave if their player I'm considering replacing and their complaint about or lack of player time. However in my current season I've told two or my players that they couldn't leave when they said they wanted to join other clubs so i'll see if that affects anything my the end of the season.

I don't usually criticise my team if they win and play badly, i think i just give them a calm well done.

Mine increased pretty rapidly, started with regional reputation and IIRC 15 or 16 in discipline. It's actually bugged right now, 6 years later, and sits at 22. I guess I'm so crazy on discipline that I broke the game. 

I discipline players a lot and am extremely demanding and critical unless we're in very poor form and heads have dropped. 6.3 rating? Warning. Less than a 6? Instant 1 week fine. Direct red card? Instant fine. Warnings all over the damn place, praise only coming for truly great performances, a "don't get complacent" for most wins. Obviously it depends on who you manage too, I do this now with a top team but was more forthcoming with praise and less demanding when I started in second division and we were underdogs in a lot more games. 

I don't know how the attribute actually works but it might be the case that you need to elicit good responses for it to increase. For that you need the right personalities around the squad, I don't touch players with low determination and\or professionalism. 

Archived