Why was this work permit appeal rejected?

So having thought I had the hang of the work permit system on my current post-brexit game, I've come across an example that has very much confused me, and I was hoping somebody here could shed some light on this situation.

So in my current game the work permit rules are:

cF4ydPx.jpg

The player I am trying to sign is German and does not qualify for an automatic permit based on international appearances, so I'm straight into the appeal stage.

The transfer fee is £3.6m so as you can see on the screenshot above he does not get any points from the transfer fee, however I do believe he should qualify from the other areas as shown below.

"1 point if player is an active player for a club playing in the top 6 leagues in Europe"

N9FES2k.jpg

9JO4xA8.jpg

So there we have his contract showing him with backup status, but still in the senior squad for Dortmund, and the league rankings showing the Budesliga as the 4th highest league in Europe. So in my mind he should have qualified for 1 point from that.

Next we go on to his wages:

cxMCWw9.jpg

So that is the contract he signed with me, £66k per week.

o3CMRCb.jpg

v7y3imI.jpg

That is my current squad and the Dortmund current squad (he's not in the picture because I signed him without a work permit in the hope of getting one later). Reason why I've shown both is because I wasn't 100% sure if the wage section of the appeals rule related to my squad or the squad I was signing him from.

However as you can see, in my squad he will be the 2nd highest earner and at Dortmund he was the 12th highest earner, so in both cases he is "in top 50% of the top 30 earners at the club" and so should have got 3 points from that.

So that is 3 points because of his wage and 1 point because of the league he was in before, for a total of 4 points and a successful appeal.

Can anybody tell me what I'm missing here? Why a player who as far as I can tell qualified for a work permit on appeal was rejected?

I think you've probably failed on the "active player" criteria. He needs to have played at least 30% of the available league minutes for Dortmund and as a backup that's highly unlikely. If you want him, you'll have to bump the transfer fee up to £4.9M which should make him eligible.

6 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I think you've probably failed on the "active player" criteria. He needs to have played at least 30% of the available league minutes for Dortmund and as a backup that's highly unlikely. If you want him, you'll have to bump the transfer fee up to £4.9M which should make him eligible.

Ah OK, I didn't know there was an actual definition of "active player".

Where in the game is that figure referenced at all?

21 minutes ago, mack4ever said:

Ah OK, I didn't know there was an actual definition of "active player".

Where in the game is that figure referenced at all?

Don't think it is and probably should be! But is the real life rule and has always worked for me in-game

www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

Archived