Sponsorship/Merchandise

What factors do you need as a club to get the best out of these?

For example I know that Chairman's business attribute will give you better sponsorship deals but what else. Does things like Corporate Facilities help get good sponsorship also?

In terms of merchandise is it literally just the global appeal of the club or are there other factors that can improve this?

You can, I think, boost merch sales by getting affiliates in overseas markets.

Also, having a player come out as gay gives merch and attendance a boost.

AFAIK sponsorships are the Chairman's area, although success and more coverage helps.

I found 2 things to be helpful when trying to increase merchandise money:

1 sign as many high profile players as you can, each one will increase monthly shirt sales 

2. If you are at a relatively high profile ub with East Asian or North American affiliate clubs, sign as many players as you can from those nations. 

In particular the most lucrative nations are USA, Japan, China and South Korea. 

You don't need to play these players, you can even loan them out and still benefit from the increased revenues (estimated amounts over £1m show in scout reports) 

What about new sponshorships agreements ? Are we able to get new ones ? Like for advertising new things from different companies etc? Or some guy who will invest in a club some rich man etc(not talking about chairman - just someone outside a club )?

What about TV money, or for shirts etc? Will it increase or will I be able to get new ones ?

Merchandising money tends to go up as you get players with reputation and players become fan favorites and whatnot (and as you grow in reputation yourself and have success). Overseas affiliates can really help this out too.

You go get new sponsorship agreements, although they often are still "generic" with "Main Kit" or "Youth Kit.' In FM 18 though, I did notice that there was some flavor emails where one time I got a sponsorship deal with a telecommunications company which would help grow international fanbase as I managed Reims in France. I haven't seen anything like that again though.

But my Youth Kit was 11k/yr when I got promoted into Bundesliga 2. Now that I'm in Bundesliga my Youth Kit is now 60k a year. My sponsorship deals with from about 3.1M last year to 4.1M this year.

Archived