Target Setting

Just wondering how many of you set specific targets for success when you play FM?

I've fallen into the habit of setting very specific targets, which prompted me to start blogging about my FM saves, and has led to my current save having a slew of ridiculous targets.  Anyone else push themselves like this? 

I love playing a journeyman save for the reason that you always have fresh new targets. Targets i set obviously depend on the club but sometimes, its take them as far as i can go , or get them top half, promoted , make them a bigger more successful club that a rival one ect, .

One good way to have a tangible target with consequences if you don't achieve them is to put promises to players when you sign them. For example, you can promise to get the club promoted by 1, 2 or 3 seasons time, and if you haven't , they kick off and want to leave, so there is that pressure. I also like to over promise the board when negotiating with a new club so there pressure is on from the get go. 

Does not even have to be team related targets , could be that you want to have a team full of locals in, or to bring in £xx in transfer fees , or take a non profit making club into  the black, develop a player to international level ect.

If the targets every year was win the league/promotion or bust, then it would be stale and frustrating but the little self made targets in your head can be the most satisfying to achieve. 

Interesting.  

I like the idea of using local players, and I might use that in a future save.  In my current save, part of my list of targets is to end up with a team made up only of England internationals, and the England team made up only of players from my club.  I just managed it on FM18, and I want to do it again on19, along with a few other stipulations.  

Archived