Your greatest relegation escape/season ending?

For me, it was Bolton on FM 2018. I'll start from the beginning. I had played only 50 hours of FM14 before that and had minor success (no trophies or anything just good results) and I got FM18 on summer sale and as a stupid 14 year old (I am 15 now) I went for my football "Championship crush" Bolton! I did not realize how tough it was going to be. I sold both Ben Alnwick and Mark Howard which looking back at it was a stupid move. I got Shay Given for a free and Alou Diarra too! Both would prove to be instrumental signings that kept me up, I did try to offload and bring in some players but my attempts failed at both ends. Preseason was not good but I picked it up for the last two games. I started the season with a home win against Leeds despite Eunan O'Kane giving them the lead, Zach Clough equalized and then O'Kane himself scored an own goal to get us the 3 points. Over the next few weeks, we witnessed the Adam Le Fondre show who in the end grabbed 20 Championship goals but it went downhill from October onwards and we found ourselves 22nd by late December. However, on the New Year's day, we turned the ship around and even won against Wolves in a few weeks of brilliance that moved us so close to avoiding the drop but OH NO! Come Late February/March we were back at it again, failing to win! However, a win against Sunderland (4-0) was the one that pushed them into the relegation zone and us out of it. My favorite player from the entire season Tyler Walker (if there is one footballer in this world I could talk to, It would be him) smashed one into the top corner and added another one to save us shortly before Reece Burke and debutant Matthew Fearnley both added one! However an away victory against Barnsley is what saved us in the end, David Weather opened the scoring on 36 minutes but they equalized around the hour mark. "cometh the hour, cometh the man" as Adam Le Fondre who had not scored since February  (May now) was brought on in the 75th minute and scores on the 78th minute to confirm us safety. We later lost the last game of the season 4-0 to Forest while sending Given and Wilbraham into retirement. We survived in 21st with 4 points to spare!  What is your best escape?

Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.27 - 23.04.13.54.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.28 - 00.54.46.38.png

1 hour ago, deaks500 said:

To be fair that's pretty much how Bolton in real life survived in the championship that particular season.

I'd say I had a better time at the club (I did resign after the season) because I did not end up with only 2 points, come the end of  September

Archived