What is the maximum age of stadiums in game?

I check save from FM18 by 2251 year and I can see San Siro in age 325

31349916_Image4.thumb.png.fba6b94c5502ee77ab6a97e48e41875b.png

Or Elland Road with age 354. 

1651294449_Image5.thumb.png.bd03a4ffc1f42656bd9a301fdc3f756f.png

Etc. I guess clubs build new stadiums no only for bigger capacity, but for modern buildings too

If you look at club finances, maintenance is regularly paid for stadiums, which likely includes piecemeal changes to keep up with the times. Much like how in real life, there are stadiums from the 19th or early 20th century still in use, but they bear nearly no resemblance to the original structures.

6 минут назад, santy001 сказал:

(on FM18 Villa moved from their ground to a significantly smaller 20k capacity ground when they had spent 20+ years roaming mostly in League Two and their current ground had deteriorated terribly)

Looks great!

6 минут назад, Spurs08 сказал:

If you look at club finances, maintenance is regularly paid for stadiums, which likely includes piecemeal changes to keep up with the times. Much like how in real life, there are stadiums from the 19th or early 20th century still in use, but they bear nearly no resemblance to the original structures.

Its true, but its not 100% rule

• SI Staff

Stadiums deteriorate over time. Maintenance costs increase with this. Once condition reaches a certain point or maintenance becomes too expensive the board will consider rebuilding parts of/the whole stadium, finances providing. Note that when applicable FM counts the age of a stadium from the year it was "rebuilt" rather than original build date.

12 минут назад, Seb Wassell сказал:

Stadiums deteriorate over time. Maintenance costs increase with this. Once condition reaches a certain point or maintenance becomes too expensive the board will consider rebuilding parts of/the whole stadium, finances providing. Note that when applicable FM counts the age of a stadium from the year it was "rebuilt" rather than original build date.

Dear Seb,

As you visit this topic :)

if club's attendance twice as many stadium capacity, why club doesn't build new stadium?

befote I guess its reason of finances, but I can see how some clubs got loans during save to build stadium or increase current

Archived