Collapse with sunderland

How to dominate with a 3 man midfield no wingers.

gk... back four. both the wing backs on support. 2 normal centre backs 1 on cover .

2 strikers. 1 AF. 1 DLP to ideally link with the cmA.

what woud people recomend the last tactic i tried with the rest was an anchor man behind a midfield 3 of .. bwm on the left of the 3. cm A. centrally. amd a bbm on the right

tried posive normal and highh defensive line. with the line of engagement adjusted accordingly. distribute to centre backs to try and beat a press. however after being undefeated first 16 games of the season dramaticcaly fell apart finding it so hard to score. its just sometimes hard to have the ideas work on the game. ideally i want to be nasty to beat hard in the tackle with quick breaks. a regroup when lose possesion and counter when ball won.

i dont want a plug and play as every year i get frustrated for a few months then take a team from league 2 to win everything... but im really finding it hard this year i know others are finding it easy .. thanks in advance for any discussion

On 21/12/2018 at 18:06, jstars said:

however after being undefeated first 16 games of the season dramaticcaly fell apart finding it so hard to score

This usually means that other teams tend to adopt a more defensive approach against you due to your good results in the first 16 games, so it's more difficult for your team to create good chances and score now that the opposition are sitting deep and denying you space in and around their penalty area.

On 21/12/2018 at 18:06, jstars said:

ideally i want to be nasty to beat hard in the tackle with quick breaks. a regroup when lose possesion and counter when ball won.

If you want to play a certain style of football, the first thing you need is to have players capable of playing that way. Then come formation, mentality, roles, duties and team and player instructions. 

Archived