Struggling with scoring a different types of goals.

As the title suggests. Having issues scoring different types of goals. Mainly around passes to get goals. 

Everything is from crosses or set plays. Otherwise it's a long shot.

I think maybe im pushing too far up the pitch and there is no space to pass into? 

Any help or ideas? I'm trying to play a pep style game, crosses would be okay if they were cut backs but they aren't. Not sure what to do if theres a game and i havent scored though, what should be changed?

Also, Higuain has only scored about 2 of those 44 goals. I can't get my Striker to score anything, nothing like what aguero would score in the same system or even in FM by the AI. Higuain has great stats and should do well.

Top of the league on first season in Jan after 15 games, only 4 goals conceded and 44 scored.

Screenshot 2018-12-24 at 21.57.31.png

Screenshot 2018-12-24 at 21.59.01.png

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

And you are complaining ??? :rolleyes:

When only one type of goal is being scored yes. I'd prefer to be scoring goals via passes through the lines or quick interplay in the opponents box / just outside it. None of that happens and it's simply a cross to score or a cross to a knock down and then a long shot goal.

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:02, tacticalthoughts said:

Top of the league on first season in Jan after 15 games, only 4 goals conceded and 44 scored.

I think you're doing great.

You have defined a type of 'cross', a certain tempo and width, plus work into box and dribble less.  These will all affect how your team attacks and therefore to some degree the type of goals scored.  Changing some of these may change goal types but equally you may lose something that you like.

On 24/12/2018 at 18:22, tacticalthoughts said:

I'd prefer to be scoring goals via passes through the lines or quick interplay in the opponents box / just outside it. 

You have low tempo, short passing, cautious mentality, dribble less and works ball into box. That's a lot of anti-risk instructions. I suspect they are looking at through balls as simply too risky. And if teams are defending back vs you, then your low risk is also going to have your tean taking the easy space the defense gives you in front of them, instead of fighting for space behind the defenders (if any is even there anymore). 

Also how are your players going to execute "quick interplay" on a low tempo? 

Your team is cautious, short passing, and low tempo. Plus there aren't many attackers from deep. That means that by the time you get the ball to the box, the defense has had time to get their players back too. The box is going to be full of bodies. That's no space to get that "quick interplay" going. And the anti-risk instructions will tell your players to avoid it all together for a less risky alternative -- a longshot from in front of the box (after the defense pulls back into the box) or a cross from wide. 

Archived