Scouting budget - any affect?

So, I have approached the end of season and realised that my scouting budget (3.2 million) has been fully used. There was 63 thousand left in the kitty, and I imagine itr has been like this for long before I noticed. I have still been getting reports through though, very regularly actually. So...it begs the question - does it actually do anything? I left it, nothing changed. I changed it to 4 million...nothing has changed over 3 months. 

My understanding is that Scouting Budget is typically used for assignments outside of what your scouts normally get up to.

So if you requested a report on a particular player, that costs extra from the budget (while, presumably, your scouts' existing assignments have already been budgeted for).

I might be wrong, though

Yeah I hear you but I also should have mentioned I have 16 scouts all on assignments from South America to Australia, and still somehow they find time for scouting individual players also...assumingly they do this ''scouting'' from their laptops on the other side of the world. 

Archived