Struggling with creating situations

Hello! I've bought FM 2019 few days ago (my first edition was 2018) and started a career as a FC Barcelona's manager. I have already played 7 matches in my first season and scored only 8 (!) goals. The thing is I create situations only by wings by Jordi Alba or Semedo/Roberto, they never pass, if they're on winger's position, they only cross. They make about 15 crosses a match, I have also around 13-15 corners a match. I have tried a lot of formations such as 4-3-3; 4-2-3-1; 4-1-3-1-1; 3-5-2; 4-3-3-0 and none of them worked. They always play widely and cross. 6 out of my 8 goals was caused by a cross.

I'm posting my two preffered formations:

4-3-3:

1624470855_Beztssytuu.thumb.png.07b582fd9aa20381e7678c06bdf6b98e.png

4-2-3-1:

805595809_Beztytu2u.thumb.png.43f7ad16a6c5c36fac3447dae35a4ab2.png

As I said - I get a lot of corners per match (around 15)...

I shoot 15 times (mostly distance) and 2-4 of them are shots on target.

Any ideas? Maybe I still need to wait for an update from SI (I had to that in last year's edition; then I actually started playing after 5 months from premiere)? Thanks for reading.

2 hours ago, IceMajor said:

The thing is I create situations only by wings by Jordi Alba or Semedo/Roberto, they never pass, if they're on winger's position, they only cross. They make about 15 crosses a match, I have also around 13-15 corners a match. I have tried a lot of formations such as 4-3-3; 4-2-3-1; 4-1-3-1-1; 3-5-2; 4-3-3-0 and none of them worked. They always play widely and cross. 6 out of my 8 goals was caused by a cross

When players are constantly doing something they haven't been asked to do, it usually means that they lack (other or better) options. In the case of your tactic, this may be additionally compounded by some of your team instructions (e.g. "be more expressive", "very narrow", "focus play down the middle"). The main problem with your tactic is basically one that too many people are facing - very aggressive instructions that further reduce the space in the attacking third which is already reduced by opposition defences. "Pass into space" makes little sense when there is almost no space to pass into. Because you are Barca, which means that most sides are going to defend tightly against you, and on top of that you are using out-of-possession instructions that leave no space to exploit (much higher LOE and extreme pressing).

Another problem is that none of your players attacks space (except for Suarez in the 4231, but he is isolated and left to deal with packed defences on his own). So you need some deep runners to make your attacks less predictable and thus give the opposition some headache.

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

When players are constantly doing something they haven't been asked to do, it usually means that they lack (other or better) options. In the case of your tactic, this may be additionally compounded by some of your team instructions (e.g. "be more expressive", "very narrow", "focus play down the middle"). The main problem with your tactic is basically one that too many people are facing - very aggressive instructions that further reduce the space in the attacking third which is already reduced by opposition defences. "Pass into space" makes little sense when there is almost no space to pass into. Because you are Barca, which means that most sides are going to defend tightly against you, and on top of that you are using out-of-possession instructions that leave no space to exploit (much higher LOE and extreme pressing).

Another problem is that none of your players attacks space (except for Suarez in the 4231, but he is isolated and left to deal with packed defences on his own). So you need some deep runners to make your attacks less predictable and thus give the opposition some headache.

Thanks for your response!

So I changed some things, and it looks like this now:

1080536662_Beztystuu.thumb.png.53b1e45817bd272be31973835a68abf8.png

I did play two matches with that tactic. First - won 2:0 against Real Valladolid, Suarez goal (cross), Coutinho goal (long pass). It was certainly better, Alba sometimes stopped and passed back to midfielder what really surprised me. Right wing was weak, crosses and crosses and crosses... But I noticed that then my defenders had clearer positions to cross the ball.

Second match was pretty much the same. Long distance goal, penalty, free-kick and a TEAM PLAY goal. That was a nice feeling, but still the match wasn't impressive.

1542488598_Beztytuu.thumb.png.78de290ed332d4d9f4de9142bc06851c.png

Only 8% in the middle!

Maybe something wrong with training style then? I'm not responsible for it, I gave training to my assistant. (Daniele Russo)

Of your 8 most advanced players, only 3 of them are in the middle of the field. And of those 3, 2 are a DM Halfback and a CM DLP. Neither is a role or duty that is really part of build up. That leaves one player to carry that entire build up. 

If you want more build up in the center, you need more players in the center participating in the build up. A BBM with gets further forward, an AP (a) with roaming, CM (a), maybe a IWB from one of the defensive wings. Something like that.

I think with Barcelona you could be a bit more bold.  You have them playing low tempo and dribbling less.  Whereas they have the technical ability to move the ball at pace and Messi is the best dribbler in the world.

Also Busquets is going to play between the centre backs with a halfback role.  You are also Barcelona so give those wing backs attacking roles and see what they can do.  You should be able to get some overloads with them.

On 26/12/2018 at 02:34, VinceLombardi said:

Of your 8 most advanced players, only 3 of them are in the middle of the field. And of those 3, 2 are a DM Halfback and a CM DLP. Neither is a role or duty that is really part of build up. That leaves one player to carry that entire build up. 

If you want more build up in the center, you need more players in the center participating in the build up. A BBM with gets further forward, an AP (a) with roaming, CM (a), maybe a IWB from one of the defensive wings. Something like that.

It's not 2 DM Halfback but now, one DM DLP, and two Midfielders: 1. DLP, 2. AP. I don't know how to make more players participating in the build up. I tried giving Messi and Coutinho the AP role, but it didn't work well. I've been testing a lot of options and every single of them makes Alba and Roberto only players that can do anything. But they don't, they always cross the ball right in the face of a defender. I tried BBM (Vidal) too, but still same. I don't know what's IWB.

On 26/12/2018 at 12:44, Robson 07 said:

I think with Barcelona you could be a bit more bold.  You have them playing low tempo and dribbling less.  Whereas they have the technical ability to move the ball at pace and Messi is the best dribbler in the world.

Also Busquets is going to play between the centre backs with a halfback role.  You are also Barcelona so give those wing backs attacking roles and see what they can do.  You should be able to get some overloads with them.

Yeah I have them playing low tempo. It's okay. I want them to build the play slowly as they do in real life. I removed the "dribbling less" instruction. I had it clicked because in FM 2018 I remember that my players were dribbling a lot and I had always this option turned on. It doesn't seem like it would be a problem in 2019 edition.

Busquets has played as a halfback his whole career, maybe a bit more offensive, but still... I don't think attacking roles to my wing backs would be an good idea, because they're already pretty offensive, but okay I'll try that.

And in every single game I play, I have no more than 15% attacks in middle. Only wings. :(

20 minutes ago, IceMajor said:

in every single game I play, I have no more than 15% attacks in middle. Only wings

I suppose it's more due to the way most opponents defend against you, rather than your tactic. Because you are Barca, they probably look to pack the middle and thus force you into using wider areas.

So I've just played a match against Atletico and man... was it terrible. I made no shots at target, all the shots came from corners that I of course managed to get because of my stupid wing backs that only crosses into a buttface of the defender... I can't ****ing think about other idea... This might be SEGA's fault because they always bring out a beta game into 1.0 game and we need updates...

2 hours ago, IceMajor said:

So I've just played a match against Atletico and man... was it terrible. I made no shots at target, all the shots came from corners that I of course managed to get because of my stupid wing backs that only crosses into a buttface of the defender... I can't ****ing think about other idea... This might be SEGA's fault because they always bring out a beta game into 1.0 game and we need updates...

It's not an issue with the match engine. Too many others have been able to get it to work. 

I point out the numbers issue above because if you have 4 players working the flanks, but only 1 working the midfield, then of course your attack is going to naturally use the flanks.

Same with your attack. Your latest version has only 1 attack duty, and that's a playmaker on the wing. That means nobody is challenging the defense or the space behind it. The opposing team could park on the middle third and never have to worry about the space in their own half. You are limiting your own space for them by not having more aggressive duties.

The false 9, both the deep lying playmakers, all the support duties -- you have created an attack that concedes space to the defense, rather than attacks it. Literally nobody on your team is instructed to actively get into the box, much less attack it.

13 hours ago, VinceLombardi said:

It's not an issue with the match engine. Too many others have been able to get it to work. 

I point out the numbers issue above because if you have 4 players working the flanks, but only 1 working the midfield, then of course your attack is going to naturally use the flanks.

Same with your attack. Your latest version has only 1 attack duty, and that's a playmaker on the wing. That means nobody is challenging the defense or the space behind it. The opposing team could park on the middle third and never have to worry about the space in their own half. You are limiting your own space for them by not having more aggressive duties.

The false 9, both the deep lying playmakers, all the support duties -- you have created an attack that concedes space to the defense, rather than attacks it. Literally nobody on your team is instructed to actively get into the box, much less attack it.

Thanks for your response!

I have more than 1 player in midfield. I have Busquets (DLP), Rakitić (DLP), Arthur (AP), Messi (IF), Coutinho (IF), and it makes two on wings, with Messi/Coutinho behind the wing backs.

I had 0 attack duties in 2018 edition and at the end of the season I had Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey so it worked out pretty well. I don't think that's the issue. I don't want my players only to send long balls into the penalty area, I want them to slowly pass the ball around. Though - Suarez as a false nine searches for space.

"Literally nobody on your team is instructed to actively get into the box, much less attack it." - Suarez, Messi and Coutinho do.

My latest main tactic is that one:

1773360897_Beztytuu.thumb.png.c0b669e6bd291c18e833964337924ad5.png

Note: It's just a bit modified https://www.fmscout.com/a-guardiola-dominate-possession-fm19.html

16 hours ago, IceMajor said:

I made no shots at target, all the shots came from corners that I of course managed to get because of my stupid wing backs that only crosses into a buttface of the defender... 

This is your latest issue and your only attack roles are your wingbacks. That isn't a coincidence. Thats how this match engine works.

Defenses are better, especially around the box, and advanced players don't work space like they did in '18. What worked in '18 won't work in '19.

Really not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to push you out of your box so you can resolve your issues and enjoy the game again.

I don't see what's the point of having as many as 4 playmakers at the same time (plus F9 and IFsup, who are not playmakers in the literal sense, but do tend to behave in a similar way). It looks as though you want to have as much possession of the ball just for the sake of having it, rather than making something concrete out of it.

2 minutes ago, VinceLombardi said:

This is your latest issue and your only attack roles are your wingbacks. That isn't a coincidence. Thats how this match engine works.

Defenses are better, especially around the box, and advanced players don't work space like they did in '18. What worked in '18 won't work in '19.

Really not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to push you out of your box so you can resolve your issues and enjoy the game again.

Oh **** man, I posted wrong screenshot. I have no attacking duties now. Wing backs are at support and I have two IFs at support, I just don't see what can I do. I guess it's something wrong with my IFs and striker.

Thanks for your response again. I'll be doing more experiments and updating here.

3 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

I don't see what's the point of having as many as 4 playmakers at the same time (plus F9 and IFsup, who are not playmakers in the literal sense, but do tend to behave in a similar way). It looks as though you want to have as much possession of the ball just for the sake of having it, rather than making something concrete out of it.

Yeah, true. I tried two IFs with attack function but it didn't work, too. I'm gonna try to do maybe one wing more offensive, and the second one less offensive (mainly wing backs). Suarez as a F9 doesn't behave close to it, he behaves really weirdly on the pitch. I gotta do something about him.

Nah man, I prefer 55% and 4-0 than 65% and 3-0. I just want to create situations with the style I prefer.

So I've been trying new things and I did something like that:

1.thumb.png.50f324ebcff883b78013f39e89053076.png

I have played 4 matches with this tactic.

1. vs Shaktar Donieck (UCL)

It was the best match of this season so far. I won 4-0, they created chances only from free-kicks or corners, I had like 20 shots, clear chances. Messi was an absolute BEAST this match. He basically played very close to Rakitić's right and he would just receive the ball make a quick run and pass to Coutinho/Alba or shoot from distance (scored one goal like that). Everything went perfectly, maybe excluding Suarez cause' he still didn't have much situations (only Messi and Coutinho) and had like 6.5 rating. I had 40% coming from middle of the pitch. Messi scored one of his 3 goals from free-kick. He assisted, too.

2. vs Huesca (La Liga)

I won 2-0 but the amount of the situations was huge comparing to this result. I had 27 shots and 14 of them went on target. Huesca had 4 shots. What I noticed is that my players shoot too often from distance. They have options but they choose to shoot while they're around 21 meters away from a goal. It was great match, but there weren't any 100%. Messi again scored one goal from free-kick.

3. vs Cordoba (Copa del Rey)

I made a lot of changes so I didn't expect that it would be a great match. And it indeed weren't. I won 2-1 (they scored in the last minute by a weak shot that my GK didn't save). One goal from a free-kick (by Malcom this time) and one by Abel Ruiz (striker). I had some situations but not much.

4. vs Levante (La Liga)

Won there 2-0 and Messi scored from a free kick once again. I had 17 shots, 7 on target; they had 0 shots. It was bad match comparing to what I wanted it to be. Coutinho scored a header after Rafinha's cross from corner kick. I didn't have any 100% ocassions, many of these 17 shots were from distance and the problem of my wing back's crosses came back to me. I had again many corners - 12.

-------------

First match was the best and then it was getting worse. I think it might be because I played the same tactic (with minimal changes) against each of those opponents. They all had different formations, I should've maybe adjusted my tactic to enemies. I'm still confused about my tactic, because Suarez basically is gone. I have no idea what to do with him, he has no shots, he has no clear situations, no asissts... All he does is pressing.

Although, I noticed one thing:

2.thumb.png.2881da46a74d0f970e810b63b23fb9a0.png

"Creative Freedom" every player of my team has it at awkward and I wonder if I should care about it.

That's progress. Keep playing around with it. To help resolve some of those longshots, I like to liberally use the Shoot Less PI on anybody who isn't suppose to make it into the box. Also messing with mentality, tempo, and Work Ball into Box TI can all have an effect.

Yeah it's kind of big problem, players just aren't offering a close option when crossing in this setup. But most of your problems are with the tactic, I think you're expecting something that their roles will not do, they are kind of gung-ho, add to that how attacking your team instructions are, and for example you expect messi to be wide who is playing as an inside forward, in the final third he most definately won't be even if you tell him to, that mostly applies to the build-up. If you want them to not cross that often give your wide players more conservative roles, give your midfield time to shift. You have 3 playmakers, but how are they going to create anything if the players around them are taking the ball away at the first instance. All your players are running at goal or to the byline for a cross or a shot because that's what your setup is telling them, the F9 will of course run into the the box if no one is bringing the ball to him.

Or look at the "passes recieved" and "passess completed" map of your front three. Why is it that they are pushed out wide or the team is too deep? Try using someone who brings the ball up to them and I think trying less team instruction would be better. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the video you are surprised by the fact that Messi roamed from the right so far away, but actually that is what you're telling him with the "be more expressive" instruction, more creative freedom and the freedom to roam.

19 hours ago, robot_skeleton said:

Yeah it's kind of big problem, players just aren't offering a close option when crossing in this setup. But most of your problems are with the tactic, I think you're expecting something that their roles will not do, they are kind of gung-ho, add to that how attacking your team instructions are, and for example you expect messi to be wide who is playing as an inside forward, in the final third he most definately won't be even if you tell him to, that mostly applies to the build-up. If you want them to not cross that often give your wide players more conservative roles, give your midfield time to shift. You have 3 playmakers, but how are they going to create anything if the players around them are taking the ball away at the first instance. All your players are running at goal or to the byline for a cross or a shot because that's what your setup is telling them, the F9 will of course run into the the box if no one is bringing the ball to him.

19 hours ago, robot_skeleton said:

Or look at the "passes recieved" and "passess completed" map of your front three. Why is it that they are pushed out wide or the team is too deep? Try using someone who brings the ball up to them and I think trying less team instruction would be better. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the video you are surprised by the fact that Messi roamed from the right so far away, but actually that is what you're telling him with the "be more expressive" instruction, more creative freedom and the freedom to roam.

Thanks for your response.

I did some changes and I still can't find the right way. I'm getting bored of it.

Messi is the smartest player on the pitch, so I think he should know how to positionate himself in Football Manager, Messi is good as a AP with attacking function, but when he receives the ball he always is going to shoot from the distance and he hardly ever scores, so I don't use this role on him anymore.

F9 role is to outnumber the opposite side, that's why he should go deep and often receive the pass. The Inside Forwards are the ones that should search for space, but even if they do, my players pass the ball to wing back and he crosses. I just have no more ideas and I think I'm just gonna wait for some fixes from SI.

About giving a midfielder time to shift, I did... on video, too. As you might have seen, it didn't work.

"You have 3 playmakers, but how are they going to create anything if the players around them are taking the ball away at the first instance." I don't get your point there... and I have 4 playmakers (count Suarez/Messi too (it depends sometimes I'd just give Messi a AP role and Suarez DPF/Messi IF, Suarez F9)). You can count wing backs too, because they're supossed to widen the play and short pass to F9/Inside Forward/midfielder.

Well, my setup does tell only Alba to go to the byline. I expect him there to receive the pass and pass to Coutinho or cross at 11-meter.

Yeah, I noticed that my IFs and F9 don't pass at all. They have together maybe 60 passes a 90mins. That hurts. They dribble too much and shoot too much, they prefer that over a pass too often.

I gave my players "be more expressive" because they're at Barcelona. They all are smart and should have some freedom. There are schemas and the freedom.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:17, Experienced Defender said:

I know you've changed the F9 role but the quote above still holds true.  Those two wide players narrow toward the centre.  The team works hard to win the ball high up the pitch.  Its all beginning to sound crowded.  If you going that way it can work but upon winning the ball I would counterattack with fast one touch passing.  Instead you are holding shape, slow tempo and just having all those playmakers knock hopeful balls into that congested space you've created.

If you want playmakers I think you should back off a bit and open up the pitch, allow them to get on the ball and spray it around, act as pivots and have them switch it flank to flank.  Stretch the oppo.

Or, if you want a high tight press-orientated scheme go for quicker passing, no time wasting and mobile, hard running roles.

The gap between your striker and you central midfielders is enormous.In a one striker tactic with no support from a AMC you should play that striker on support, otherwise you will end up with a huge hole in the center.Try to play with Suarez on support and one of your central midfielders with an attacking duty(or a central midfielder whow can be a runner on support - going forward option).It should be much better.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not posting there for over 2 weeks, but I had a break from FM 2019. I deleted the career we were talking about there (but I still was trying new things, as BoGdy said, I tried a lot of new things).

I created a new one a few days ago. I rebuilt the staff and gave my asisstant manager training. I thought - hey maybe I'm just gonna do only one tactic and my team would focus on training the tactic to perfection. I did that 4-3-3 but of course, same **** and if I could I'd just refund the game because I've spent 50 hours solving this one problem. It's so annoying. This dude that I posted the link to managed to get this tactic rolling.

what they fail to tell you, central attacking play/movement does not exist in 19, no through pass no movement, inside forwards too narrow, striker movement is non-existent .... Dont believe me, check the ME bug reports you'll see it all there.

Dont play a passing game, go direct you'll get goals.  the instruction you are using is what SI recommends for a tikitaka or vertical tiki taka style of play. So the presets are wrong

16 hours ago, Amarante said:

what they fail to tell you, central attacking play/movement does not exist in 19, no through pass no movement, inside forwards too narrow, striker movement is non-existent .... Dont believe me, check the ME bug reports you'll see it all there.

Dont play a passing game, go direct you'll get goals.  the instruction you are using is what SI recommends for a tikitaka or vertical tiki taka style of play. So the presets are wrong

Is the ME perfect?  No.  Have SI acknowledged there are issues and are working on them?  Yes.

But to say "tough luck, it's the ME, nothing you can do about it except go direct, don't play a passing game and central attacking play doesn't exist" is simply untrue.  I'm using very slightly modified versions of two of the new tactic presets (a couple of minor adjustments to player roles) with the odd adjustment during matches as needed.  I'm currently first in the league and first for possession (56%).  30% of my goals have resulted from crosses, the rest a combination of short passes, set pieces, throughballs and so on.  75% of goals were scored from inside the area, with 63% of assists being made from central areas.

If you'd like to be constructive to try to help the OP by all means do so.  If all you want to do however is come into the Tactics forum and tell people there's nothing they can do  because of the ME, please don't bother.

1.png

2.png

25 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Is the ME perfect?  No.  Have SI acknowledged there are issues and are working on them?  Yes.

But to say "tough luck, it's the ME, nothing you can do about it except go direct, don't play a passing game and central attacking play doesn't exist" is simply untrue.  I'm using very slightly modified versions of two of the new tactic presets (a couple of minor adjustments to player roles) with the odd adjustment during matches as needed.  I'm currently first in the league and first for possession (56%).  30% of my goals have resulted from crosses, the rest a combination of short passes, set pieces, throughballs and so on.  75% of goals were scored from inside the area, with 63% of assists being made from central areas.

If you'd like to be constructive to try to help the OP by all means do so.  If all you want to do however is come into the Tactics forum and tell people there's nothing they can do  because of the ME, please don't bother.

1.png

2.png

And what are the context of all of this?  Are the goals long shots with a central player just passing a ball sideways to the person who takes the shot etc. Are the passes played between the FB/CB . Context. Possession based football is broken in 19. The same system the user is using right now would be more effective in 18. 

Let me rephrase not broken but very hard to implement correctly. In my Salford save i am averaging over 60% and getting shots off in the center of the field most of my goals are being scored by my inside forwards and midfield my striker can't score to save his life. 

Am not saying to the OP that it's just the ME but on paper nothing about his tactic is glaringly wrong or broken. 

People are saying he has too much instructions yet they haven't taken a look on the preset and see thats what is recommended to gain such tactical style. 

For the first, i have ran into problems developing my hybrid Pep/Sarri style football in FM. 

1 hour ago, Amarante said:

Are the goals long shots with a central player just passing a ball sideways to the person who takes the shot etc

2 hours ago, herne79 said:

75% of goals were scored from inside the area

No, not long shots.

1 hour ago, Amarante said:

Possession based football is broken in 19. The same system the user is using right now would be more effective in 18. 

Let me rephrase not broken but very hard to implement correctly

Difficult to say if it would have been more effective in FM18 or not without trying it, although as robbo correctly points out above, 4 playmakers aren't exactly helping.  And that would be true in FM18 as well.

Achieving effective possession football (tactically speaking) has changed a little between FM18 and FM19 for 2 main reasons:  1) Team Shape has gone; 2) Retain Possession has gone.  Neither of those were actually required in FM18 for possession football, however some people did use those extensively to achieve it.  But now they are gone I can understand why some may find it more difficult (or "very hard").  It remains perfectly possible though and the same basic principles can still apply - which was discussed by Cleon in his Art of Possession Football thread from a couple of years ago.

That's not to say the ME couldn't use a tweak or three, it absolutely can which SI have acknowledged and are working on.  But there are still tactical systems we can use to help the cause, and the best place to understand that is Cleon's thread (found in the Guides section of the "Please Read" thread pinned to the top of the forum).

Comparing the first tactic and the second tactic. The first one will do ok in most cases but willl struggle against defensive sides because it only relies on the FBs to give the width. And by the time they do get up it’s against a camper defense. I would probably have a winger on attack on one flank and a one back would be attacking and the other on support.

With the other system there are just too many players trying to do something. Too many playmakers that are unnecessary. Here I would change one to a DM or HB depending on what i want to achieve with my backs and I would change one player to a Mezz on attack or a CM on attack. Here I would pay attention to traits and would most likely favour a playmaker with Gets into Oppo Area for the lone DLP role.

21 hours ago, Amarante said:

central attacking play/movement does not exist in 19, no through pass no movement

Not been my experience. Like @herne79, 70% of my goals are from in the box and most that are "long" are from good spots just outside the box.

23% of my goals are Crosses. 24% are through balls and short passes. 20% are from set pieces.

JXaXLIC.png

Of my goal scorers last season, 4 of my top 6 were STC. My STC combined to score 48% of my goals (29/61). Which is pretty good considering I spent about 66% of my time in 1 STC formations. 

3qmcXru.png

5EKXQeO.png

I was 5th in the league with 53% possession and 4th in completed passes. 

4tAwSyE.png

4 hours ago, Amarante said:

Context

Any more context needed? 

Throughballs, short passing, possession tactics, etc. are all possible on this ME. They just aren't as easy as they were in previous years. The defenses are a lot better. You can't just put a DLF or F9 at the top of a low tempo, short passing game and expect to shred folk anymore. I also don't find that set pieces, or direct, or anything else are the only way to score. You can use other methods, but again it requires better tactics than you could get away with in previous years.

Are there issues, sure. But the ME is far from broken or unplayable.

Well, SI wants us to pay a lot of money for each edition so I don't want a game in Early Access because how can I call it? If there are big issues (and there are) then I want my money back. If I can't create a tactic based on posession, Inside Forwards (which works in real life and in FM 2018 edition) and so on... then the game sucks, man. It's not that I tried doing 2 tactics, I tried A ******** of 'em, I created even 3 different saves because I thought maybe something is ****ed up with save, no man, it's game. In FM 2018 I could do a tactic I want, it didn't always work because that's what this game is about. It's about solving and I think downloading from internet some tactics, trying to focus on one certain tactic, creating own ones... Nothing worked, if I tell my players to search for free space, they don't. They would cross even if two players are in better positions. It's pissing me off.

3 hours ago, IceMajor said:

If I can't create a tactic based on posession, Inside Forwards (which works in real life and in FM 2018 edition) and so on... then the game sucks, man

Are you following Herne's new "hot" thread on playing successful possession football with precisely the formation you are using (4141dm wide)? If not, I would strongly recommend you start following it.

Archived