[FM19] Greenland League and National Team

This file creates the Greenlandic national team which replaces Kazakhstan in UEFA who have returned to their rightful home of the AFC, as well as the nations real life league system. I have edited over Kiribati to create the Greenland national team, this way regens are generated as well as the national team manager picking a squad of players for internationals, both which are otherwise lacking when overwriting an extinct nation.  A logo pack, kits and stadium pack are also included.

All players have automatic Danish second nationality.

The Greenland national team have moved into a brand new (planned) domed national stadium. This was created due to the real stadia within Greenland being far from capable of holding international football.

There is large graphics pack included, containing - kits, logos and a full stadium pack.

Competitions Included:

The Coca-Cola GM

The top level of domestic competition in Greenland, 30 teams are drawn into regional groups of 6 (North, Central, Disco Bay, East and South) with the top 2 from each regional group progressing to the national group stage. The national group stage is split into 2 groups of 5 teams, with the top 2 from each group progressing into the champions play-off a straight knockout to crown the champions of Greenland!

Though the format represents real life, I have allowed myself some creative freedom, mainly having 6 teams in each regional group which actually differs year to year and usually contains a maximum of 5 or in East Greenlands case 2 or 3! However due to editor capabilities and wanting to have every region of Greenland represented equally I have decided to include 6 teams from each region. Secondly in real life only 8 teams progress into the national group stage, however I felt having 10 split into groups of 5 would allow for more games and a better experience.

The league is played between Late June and the middle of August when weather permits outdoor football.

Winner qualifies for Champions League first qualifying round with the beaten finalist and semi finalists qualifying for the Europa League first qualifying round.

The Greenland Indoor Football Championship

The Greenland indoor football championship is played within 5 regional sub divisions (North, Central, Disco Bay, East and South), with between 6 to 8 teams competing in the 5 divisions. At the end of the sub divisions the regional champions are crowned and progress, along with the three best runners up, into the Greenland Indoor Football Championship a straight knockout to crown Greenland's best indoor football team.

The season is played between March and May when conditions are still too harsh to play outside.

In game the league will be represented by domed stadiums with old style hard synthetic pitches and still will be played 11 a-side. This is purely down to editor limitations rather than an oversight.

National Team

The national team now enters the UEFA Nations League and all World Cup and European Championship Qualifiers run correctly, thanks to some excellent editing work from Krlenjushka. 

Also Included:

• Over 160 real players and staff. Some clubs have full squads
  • Awards
  • Media sources
  • Rivalries and Derby Games
  • Ethnic Greenlandic clubs playing in Denmark (currently not playable) 
  • U18 Regional Leages

Known Issues:

• Population is almost double that of Greenland's in real life; again this is due to overwriting Kiribati and unfortunately cannot be edited.
  • Staff regens all appear as black or mixed race, I assume this is because I edited over Kiribati. However regen players do not seem to follow suit.

Database

Please insert both the Greenland league file and Nations League file into the editor date folder, for the database to work correctly.

greenland.thumb.png.8cb75718416c1d8ecc69049e73373c0a.png1902919053_greenlandsquad.thumb.png.7e55879754ac0785de4a772792b9202f.png1167166155_nationsleague.thumb.png.9b945947ed844527d6c2b39e643fc5a3.png1695043885_euro2020quals.thumb.png.fc3ae9042bf68622a8225b6427f709fd.pngB67.thumb.png.cd5af7bb596515172dd894a33c72d3aa.pngfixtures.thumb.png.f4f5750fda4e68bfe7817865a2a20454.pngGM.thumb.png.7cbea2ac5d1f2a0a8ce03fe12e61da53.png1871435077_leaguehistory.thumb.png.40fd268211ea6cfa79eab8b32a7cab98.pngindoor.thumb.png.f65f5f865ba1d30d47004bb8bc108972.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Definitely gonna try this!

I've briefly toyed with the idea of creating Greenland league myself a couple of years ago, but I got stuck with the convoluted rules of the groups. I see you've chosen a smart way to circumvent the preliminary rounds and the uneven number of teams in each regional division.

Well done!

Hello everyone,

I have a question (and possibly a difficult one):

I have been playing and testing with this database for a while, and came across something I found quite annoying. As my team (and Greenland) progresses internationally, the nation club coefficients go up. But instead of adding the latest coefficient to the previous year, it does that to the year that was three years ago! This makes it that my coefficients are unfair against the other european nations. Does anyone have any idea what is going on or how i can maybe fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Koen

zxNtEhP.png

Archived