FM2017 'Load View' & Graphics Issue

humanriff

Hoping someone can assist me in sorting a problem with my FM17 - forgive me if this is in the wrong area of the forums, I have looked around to see if somewhere better obviously suits but can't find anything specific for FM17 anymore.

I have a long term FM17 save and have always used a logo and face pack. They are:

https://www.fmscout.com/a-scope-faces-megapack-2017.html

https://www.fmscout.com/a-wizard-default-logos-megapack-2017.html

Both of these have been working absolutely fine for ages. 

I recently updated my Mac to 10.14.2 Mojave and it removed the SI folder from Documents. No matter, I had tactics, the save file etc all backed up, so would just re-download the above and apply them again to the game.

I have done so but just cannot make them work. I have followed the instructions assiduously (have made them work fine previously, as stated), removed and re-installed FM, re-downloaded and unzipped the files...everything I can think of. 

The image files are in the folder correctly with their config files. It all looks fine to my non-expert eye.

What am I doing wrong?

Also...

I have a number of custom views, the files for which I again backed up.

These are now in the correct folder (they're also in the Steam workshop) but when I go into FM Custom > Import View the load screen cannot be edited at all. No files appear and I cannot change the file path. Highly annoying!

I attach a file showing where the graphics are, and the load screen.

Any help much appreciated!

Graphics Filepath.png

Load Screen.png

The fact that the folder was "removed" from the Documents location during a routine OS upgrade in itself does not sound plausible.

Do you have any custom skins installed?

Please show us the structure of the "Football Manager 2017" folder and also the "skins" directory.

Remove every single custom file you may have added to the game and then verfiy your game cache via Steam:

Then firstly add only the custom views, try importing them into the game in the usual manner, if this works then move on by adding ONE graphics pack, clear the cache, reload the skin. Continue to troubleshoot the graphics by only having one pack loaded at any one time to see which, if any is causing an issue.

In regard to the above I would suggest downloading new copies of all the packs you mention rather than copying any data.

12 hours ago, steveyisatard said:

The fact that the folder was "removed" from the Documents location during a routine OS upgrade in itself does not sound plausible.

Do you have any custom skins installed?

Please show us the structure of the "Football Manager 2017" folder and also the "skins" directory.

Remove every single custom file you may have added to the game and then verfiy your game cache via Steam:

Then firstly add only the custom views, try importing them into the game in the usual manner, if this works then move on by adding ONE graphics pack, clear the cache, reload the skin. Continue to troubleshoot the graphics by only having one pack loaded at any one time to see which, if any is causing an issue.

In regard to the above I would suggest downloading new copies of all the packs you mention rather than copying any data.

Thanks for your reply.

I agree the removal of those files was odd. I've used macs for years and never had the same happen - it was almost like a fresh install of the OS, various preferences lost, etc. 

No custom skins installed, just the face and logo packs. 

I will follow the steps you outline and report back...appreciate your reply though, at least this is something to try! 

3 hours ago, humanriff said:

Thanks for your reply.

I agree the removal of those files was odd. I've used macs for years and never had the same happen - it was almost like a fresh install of the OS, various preferences lost, etc. 

No custom skins installed, just the face and logo packs. 

I will follow the steps you outline and report back...appreciate your reply though, at least this is something to try! 

I have followed these steps - no luck...

I then uninstalled the game, deleted every single folder/file I could find that relates to the game, and re-installed.

This has had the effect - predictably - of a clean install. E.g. asking me to agree to licenses, fake name fixes removed, etc. I am back to a fresh version.

However, I still cannot load a custom view, shortlists, tactics, etc - I cannot even alter the folder it's looking at, as per the above screenshot.

Leaving aside the issue of third party graphics for a moment, does anyone have any further suggestions to solve this? I could re-create all the views etc but is pretty annoying when it did work perfectly until very recently...

Thank you

Archived