Transferring saves to different PC

Please could someone give me some advice on transferring fm18 saves from one pc (windows 7) to another (windows 10)?  I have tried using onedrive to copy the files over and have managed to get them to come up on the load menu but whenever i try to load it is says that the files couldn't load and wont let me open them.

11 minutes ago, Conrad98 said:

Just tried... still comes up with 'this saved game cannot be loaded'

9 minutes ago, Conrad98 said:

When using steam cloud, I save it and it says it will save after I exit steam but it doesnt show up on my new laptop despite using the same account and everything, but for some reason still shows up on the old one :/

That's very weird.

I moved a save fine here from one computer to another using Steam Cloud.

42 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Have you got the same version of FM19 installed on both computers? (I believe you can find the version number on the home screen somewhere.)

Its fm18, cant see the versions. I backed it up on the old laptop and restored it on this one so pretty sure they will be the same version with the same updates

2 minutes ago, Conrad98 said:

hmm.  did you need to set anything up for steam cloud?

No, just marked the option to save on the Steam Cloud, and then waited for the game to sync and when I went to the other computer the game synced again (very quickly) and the save file was there.

That was in FM2019 though but FM2018 works the same way, I think.

6 minutes ago, Conrad98 said:

Its fm18, cant see the versions. I backed it up on the old laptop and restored it on this one so pretty sure they will be the same version with the same updates

Oh, yes, sorry. I'm not sure what else it could be, to be honest.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 28/12/2018 at 19:02, Conrad98 said:

Please could someone give me some advice on transferring fm18 saves from one pc (windows 7) to another (windows 10)?  I have tried using onedrive to copy the files over and have managed to get them to come up on the load menu but whenever i try to load it is says that the files couldn't load and wont let me open them.

same