Unhappy with amount of extra training

Not sure if there's a glitch or whether I'm just doing something stupid, but I always seem to have a few first team players constantly unhappy with the amount of extra training I've asked them to do, even after ive stopped all individual training and traits and reduced their intensity level?

Yes, I'd say it's overdone but part of the reason is the personality of the players. If a player is unprofessional, lacking in determination and ambition, he won't enjoy training. He won't improve his CA much either, so it can be a sign that he's not a good long-term prospect. I don't bring in or keep any player with poor personality so my whole squad is professional and determined.

However, having worked hard to establish a positive mentality in my whole squad I still get those news items a lot. Basically, I mostly ignore them and give the players the training schedules I, not they, like.

It affects me as well.

Do you know if training unhappiness hinders player development? As in, he won't bother with training so much because he is unhappy, and his PA may never be achieved?

It's the only reason for me to lower training intensity, otherwise I don't care about a bit of moaning.

I really wish SI would explain these things, I hate having to guess...

13 hours ago, Lamias said:

It affects me as well.

Do you know if training unhappiness hinders player development? As in, he won't bother with training so much because he is unhappy, and his PA may never be achieved?

It's the only reason for me to lower training intensity, otherwise I don't care about a bit of moaning.

I really wish SI would explain these things, I hate having to guess...

I regularly observe the coach report telling me player X is unhappy with the extra training in eg strength, whilst the strength attribute has a green arrow, so no, it doesn't appear to affect development - what's why I ignore it.

I only take it into account when the player is unhappy for other reasons. For example, if a player wants to leave for a bigger club and I won't let him, he'll often be the poorest on the training ground but I choose not to scold him and I will reduce his workload if he's unhappy with that. But in isolation, if he's otherwise happy, I ignore his grumbles about training.

I'm not sure the specific attribute improving once in a while is an indicator of effect on training. From the one instance I've focused on in my save the player consistently trains well except for when he was unhappy with individual training he found not constructive. But I suppose this isn't being unhappy with the amount of extra training, rather it's being unhappy with the particular type of training.

4 hours ago, johnsie said:

I'm not sure the specific attribute improving once in a while is an indicator of effect on training. From the one instance I've focused on in my save the player consistently trains well except for when he was unhappy with individual training he found not constructive. But I suppose this isn't being unhappy with the amount of extra training, rather it's being unhappy with the particular type of training.

This is a good point. I often found that if a player finds his individual training wrong, the attributes that are trained won't increase as much.

Can this be a sign that if a player doesn't like his individual focus, he won't put much effort to it?

Anyone from SI...?

• SI Staff

A player's morale is one of the factors that contributes to development. It is not the only factor however, an unhappy player can still develop and a happy player will not necessarily develop.

Have you tried giving the player feedback about needing to step up in training if he wants to be part of the first team?

You could do that on previous editions, and depending on the personality of the player, would get an either negativ or positiv respons from that.

Yes I've tried doing that. Sometimes it works, sometimes the player reacts badly. I try to criticize only if their training ratings are 6.40 or lower. But still, when they are unhappy with training they remain so regardless of praise or criticism.

2 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

A player's morale is one of the factors that contributes to development. It is not the only factor however, an unhappy player can still develop and a happy player will not necessarily develop.

Thanks for your answer, but my whole squad has very good morale due to winning matches, and still half of them don't like their individual trainings.

So, if a player doesn't like his individual training, does it mean that he won't put much effort, and his attributes won't increase as much?

Or does training happiness matter only for team dynamics and not for attribute increase?

Thanks again!

On 31/12/2018 at 12:07, phnompenhandy said:

I regularly observe the coach report telling me player X is unhappy with the extra training in eg strength, whilst the strength attribute has a green arrow, so no, it doesn't appear to affect development - what's why I ignore it.

I only take it into account when the player is unhappy for other reasons. For example, if a player wants to leave for a bigger club and I won't let him, he'll often be the poorest on the training ground but I choose not to scold him and I will reduce his workload if he's unhappy with that. But in isolation, if he's otherwise happy, I ignore his grumbles about training.

Almost all of my starting xi have since started complaining about a "lack of coaching attention during attacking training". Can this be remedied by hiring coaches with higher attacking attributes? I currently have 3 first team general coaches, Joe Cole with attacking attribute of 13, Ray Wilkins with 10 and Santiago Solari with 8. All have reputations of over 2 and a half stars and continental a or pro qualifications.

4 minutes ago, maxfriend said:

Almost all of my starting xi have since started complaining about a "lack of coaching attention during attacking training". Can this be remedied by hiring coaches with higher attacking attributes? I currently have 3 first team general coaches, Joe Cole with attacking attribute of 13, Ray Wilkins with 10 and Santiago Solari with 8. All have reputations of over 2 and a half stars and continental a or pro qualifications.

Dunno. I'm managing a part-time team. Better coaches, more of them and better facilities are not an option for me.

On 01/01/2019 at 11:34, maxfriend said:

What kind of workload do the Coaches have? I'm guessing it's high, or even intense, if the players complain about lack of attention.

Archived