What's the most bizarre thing you've witnessed?

Would like to know about the interesting and bizarre things to happen in your careers. One for me was in my Mansfield career when one of my players (Lee Beevers) got suspended for almost half a season because he hit the referee😂 Another extraordinary thing was when my son got promoted from the youth setup in Lotte. He was **** tho

49 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

My player tripped on road sign that was lying on the ground and got injured - 3-4 months injured - achilles tendon . I can't see how something like this happen in real life so often so they add it to fm...

Can't figure out if you're serious or sarcastic

Starting a game with Stuttgart. I start out with four good centrebacks, three of which are clear starters. So I create a tactic based upon three defenders. 

Then the following happens: Badstuber pulls a Badstuber and is injured for about nine months. Baumgartl is a good friend and follows him to the doctor, missing four months. So I put my entire transfer budget into Bruma as a replacement. One week later? Three months out. Kemp was already injured at game's start and promptly re-injured himself just after getting cleared. 

That left Parvard as sole defender. The guy poached by Bayern and friends. That guy only starting training in August. Yeah. So back to the transfer market for a six month loan. And no, the targeted player did not injure himself right after signing...he did that right after I made the offer. 

So Insua with the right stats but low suitability and a youth player it was...

Il 30/12/2018 in 13:16 , Shrabon ha scritto:

Would like to know about the interesting and bizarre things to happen in your careers. One for me was in my Mansfield career when one of my players (Lee Beevers) got suspended for almost half a season because he hit the referee😂 Another extraordinary thing was when my son got promoted from the youth setup in Lotte. He was **** tho

@Shrabon it happens in FM19? 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Most bizarre thing ever seen on FM for me is that Inside Forwards are positioned on the wing.  Every time I load up a game I have a chuckle at this.  

To be fair, I think that's because it refers to forwards who cut inside rather than play as conventional wingers. For a while, left footers playing on the right (Robben, for example) were being called inverted wingers, but FM seems to have settled on Inside Forwards. The old fashioned meaning on an inside forward as players who acted as support strikers/ advanced midfielders in the old fashioned five man forward line seems to have dropped out of use, to be replaced with attacking midfielders. To me an inside forward would still be someone who plays narrower, and when positioning forwards here that's the instruction I tend to give - cut inside/play narrower.  If I was going to point to one thing in the positional terms in FM, I'd point to the ridiculous overuse of "Advanced Playmaker" which seems to be applied to huge numbers of players regardless of vision or passing ability. 

1 minute ago, scass said:

For a while, left footers playing on the right (Robben, for example) were being called inverted wingers, but FM seems to have settled on Inside Forwards

Yes, I'm aware of that, which is kind of the point of my comment.  An inside forward and an inverted winger are different things, regardless of what Sports Interactive have to say about it. 

This is one of the problems with Football Manager, which claims to be a simulation but then drops in stuff like this, which seem to be saying 'forget real life, this is how we're doing it.'  It's like removing the sweeper position because 'no one uses it any more'.  But what if I want to use it?  What if a pro manager IRL starts using it again? 

On 01/01/2019 at 23:59, gossy7 said:

On one of the earlier FM's, I saw Wales win the 2010 World Cup. Don't think I've seen anything to beat that in the last 10 years!

I saw Scotland win it in one of the recent-ish games. They had some decent players but nothing amazing and it was only 4-5 seasons into the game. I kept an eye on them afterwards and they went back to being pretty terrible. Can't remember which FM though, I think it was 2012 as that is the one I played the most.

For me I'll never forget Muzzy Izzet being signed by Real Madrid from Leicester City in one of my saves in the mid 2000s when he was well into his 30s, paid him a fortune and never played him. And some people say the transfer system hasn't improved!

New brought in players that feel they are out of the team while rotated one game.

New players thinking they earn a new contract while they have been out on a loan for one year and once back just is back in the team and not showed anything yet

Players wanting to go to lesser teams after winning champions League and the League, because reasons...?

16 hours ago, SpazzyMcGhee said:

Can you post a pic again? I would love to see this

I looked for the image here in the forum and my (previous) laptop, but couldn't find it, sorry. Yes, it was a large wedding tent located beside the goalkeeper on the touchline....

From 17, the tale of Granit Xhaka. Arsenal and I kept trading him back and forth for six or seven seasons. With me making a decent win every single time. Basically he was not needed/too weak for them and they listed him for cheap. I bought him and he played pretty well and earned some titles. Arsenal looked at his stats and was like 'woah, we need him!'. 

From 19, Karim friggin' Bellarabi. An injured-at-start nominal Team Leader in an unneeded role. He keeps whining and complaining at every turn and tries to turn all his mates against me. After a bit of save-scumming, he even whines when I do what in Universe A he wanted me to do. I can't wait until he is down-graded and a new leader emerges! Just for that I might even add a second manager on his mission to make Siberian Football reputable again...

(But in general Leverkusen's dynamic. The other two leaders are aging players in the exact same role and position. With one of them getting a 40 million offer in the first transfer week. Always fun. Especially when Karim takes everything as an offer to complain.) 

Also from 19, Akaki Gogia. A good player for the Second German Bundesliga who yet way too often finds his way into my first league teams. He has a good stat spread and perfect traits. So I buy him as cheap backup while the fans and board groan and then he overperforms until he either goes away way over value (for a season or so because then I can usually buy or longterm-loan him back) or the nominal star player gets replaced. 

It just looks funny when this dude plays next to world class players on the same level or seeing him transferred to Champions League contenders for forty or fifty million. 

In FM 2016:

Wojciech Szczęsny (GK) get injury during the first half. Assistant manager said that it looks like he broke his arm, but he should be albe to continue the game after physio intervention.

Second season as Chelsea. We're one point behind Liverpool with four games to go for us, three for them and they are playing Arsenal away.  We've got Man Utd away who we are beating 1-0 whilst they are trailing 3-1 with ten minutes to go. 

We concede in the last minute to a Lukaku goal but I'm thinking all is well because we'll still go top because of a far superior goal difference and as long as we win our remaining games we'll win the title.

I check the results and Liverpool score three goals in four minutes to win 4-3! 87, 88 and 90! And they went on to win the league. Speechless. 

On top of that, the following season they've won all 14 of their opening league games. Overpowered? 🤔

I lost a game yesterday when my goalkeeper, who was handling the ball looking for someone to pass it to, was talked by an attacking player just outside the 6 yard box. The attacker then scored if course and we lost 1-0.I've seen goals allowed on mistakes in the penalty area, but I've never seen a goalkeeper get tackled. 

About goalkeepers - Neto in Valencia took a ball into hands on the line and was a free kick... another situation someone pass him long ball and he use his head to pass to 2 strikers that was going on my goal being like 5 m.offside but they didn't score thankfully :D  or another - I had high def.line and striker won the ball in the midfield vs my defender using head and "shot" on my goal so my defender -cover was going for the ball and my GK - sweeper was going for it too, but the defender thought the gk will get it so he stopped and gk passed the penalty box and after that he stopped too so the striker just jogged slowly took the ball and score a goal lol - not sure why both of them stopped ;/ he was a sweeper gk

Archived