Best tactic for lower league?

As with any club at any level, you assess the players you have and work out the best tactic for your squad.

To generalise, they tend to be less technical and football-intelligent, so you'll probably want to keep things simple. I tend to put a lot of bodies behind the ball as defenders are individually limited, and hoof the ball up to a front man. If you have a striker who is quicker than most central defenders at his level, with okay off-the-ball movement and finishing, you're probably good to go.

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

As with any club at any level, you assess the players you have and work out the best tactic for your squad.

To generalise, they tend to be less technical and football-intelligent, so you'll probably want to keep things simple. I tend to put a lot of bodies behind the ball as defenders are individually limited, and hoof the ball up to a front man. If you have a striker who is quicker than most central defenders at his level, with okay off-the-ball movement and finishing, you're probably good to go.

Exactly this

Im pushing for a second promotion in a row from the Vanarama South and Vanarama National levels, essentially playing a hoof ball big man little man partnership up front and looking to get the ball into the box at every opportunity or balls over the top for little man to use his pace to get onto.

Good physical attributes help, anything over 12 is an excellent attribute. Wingers with pace of 14 and 15 can positively skin their man in a 442 and deliver into the box.

I don't worry too much about keeping the ball.

Archived