Ageing, high profile players having "reservations that they might not be able to contribute"

After scouting a number of high profile players such as Ashley Young and Jamie Vardy at 33 and 34 respectively, they would both play an important role in my starting xi. However, when I enter contract negotiations they automatically reject any approach due to them having "reservations that they might not be able to contribute at such a standard at this time in their career", which is nonsense. Is this a glitch or is there some way around it

I'd suggest getting a save game uploaded once you've had the bids accepted and posting it as a bug.

There's a mix of attributes that influence the decision a player makes coming towards the end of his career, so it's not something straight forward to give some insight to. I do feel players still retire a couple years too early in most cases, and in the case of top goalkeepers perhaps retiring 3-5 years too early.

But definitely consider uploading the save because then they can assess whether its correct or not, and whether things potentially need tweaking a bit going forward.

Archived