board accepting low offers

Hello, Im playing with a championship team in scotland, no economic problems, and in the last years bought a couple of great young players, not messi's or ronaldos, but 145-155 PA, my problem is that the last transfer day is a complete nightmare, receiving more than twenty offers for each player that are really low, around 100k or something like that, and that is no money for those players, I keep rejecting the offers but the board finally accept the lowest, and I started to realize that is impossible to mount a serious challenge to the big teams of Europe playing with a small team, in other versions you rised the asking price and avoided this situation, but seems that the asking price doesnt have any use here. What do you do guys to keep the good players in the team, instead of selling them for a box of oranges? Do you think that feature "board accept offers" should be optional?

I've never had that the board accepted the offer but I am playing Valencia. Maybe it's a rule in Scotland? Or did u delegate something to your AM, GM or something ? Or was it the strategy at the contract that u have been signing ?

But I can say there is something wrong with AI offering low prices over and over again..even if u set negotiate to high number or set expecting price in his transfer status ...

Yes English teams(from championship and league one) are offering and offering and finally an offer is accepted, I will try another approach, accept all offers and finally reject them, I really dont like to reset the game, but its the only way to avoid being stolen, I have the setting to reject all offers and a super high asking price, however they keep offering in the 100ks,  now I have another problem,  players are angry for not being transfered.

i think you aren't in sure in what place you are, you are right now an "obscure" team of the second division of Scotland, no team will spend so much money, board accepts because is too good of a offer, you are better of accepting the best offer that u get, do make then wait until the deadline of the offer so u can get/negotiate better offers and if the board accepts an offer just start accepting all other offers that are higher and hope that the player help you in this one and accept any offer but the one the board accepted

Also, player WILL get mad if a better team wants them and you just say no, that the natural way of thing in real life, you can go and fight against the top teams, the problem here is that you first need to get to the top flight, then use those players that you can sign before another team comes for them, if u have to sell use that money to get 2 similar players, top teams (or better teams in your case) normally offer a lot more than you spent for the players, unless you are managing signings poorly, so you will get profit from selling and can actually more players of similar skill/potential also, as a team in second division u aren't supposed to have wonderkids, they will be poached ASAP by top teams, as a lower league team you need to build for now so you can get to top flight and then you can actually start looking for wonderkids once you are midtable/league contender

Ok, finally I could skip this transfer window without sell my player, basically I accepted other offers from bigger teams than the offer accepted by the board, then he preffered the new offer, and when the transfer has to be confirmed I cancel it. Then the transfer window passes. Really dont like to do that, because I think this is a bug from the game.

hace 2 minutos, dr tangalanga dijo:

Ok, finally I could skip this transfer window without sell my player, basically I accepted other offers from bigger teams than the offer accepted by the board, then he preffered the new offer, and when the transfer has to be confirmed I cancel it. Then the transfer window passes. Really dont like to do that, because I think this is a bug from the game.

prepare for the player to be pestering you for all the season...

i was ninjaed by your post so read the one i put before it so u think things, having an unhappy player is worst than selling a key player, it can get you sacked

Theoretically i very like this feature.

The main problem is that board accept offers that are always lower than ones you could get by offering the player.

So basically board accepts 1M, you manage to get 10M, but board don't cancell the first one.

Would be amzing to have a sort of board telling you "i will accept the 1M, we need money, but if you get a better offer in the next week, we will take It".

You can also protest the transfer and if you have good standing at the club the board will cancel the transfer. 

4 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

prepare for the player to be pestering you for all the season...

i was ninjaed by your post so read the one i put before it so u think things, having an unhappy player is worst than selling a key player, it can get you sacked

I disagree with this. I kept unhappy players at my club through both League One and Championship until I got promoted to the Premier League and they still performed well. As long as you are having success on the field you can ignore it. Then once we got to the Premier League they stopped complaining about wanting to move to bigger clubs.

hace 15 horas, OTron dijo:

You can also protest the transfer and if you have good standing at the club the board will cancel the transfer. 

I disagree with this. I kept unhappy players at my club through both League One and Championship until I got promoted to the Premier League and they still performed well. As long as you are having success on the field you can ignore it. Then once we got to the Premier League they stopped complaining about wanting to move to bigger clubs.

IF u have success and only if you are in a top league system, by the time he gets to the top flight (he is playing in scotland) the player will go on a free

On 05/01/2019 at 04:15, WorcesterLegend said:

IF u have success and only if you are in a top league system, by the time he gets to the top flight (he is playing in scotland) the player will go on a free

Of course - success is what we are all aiming for. 

Keeping the players that were complaining was what brought success. Once you are at the top sure you might lose a few guys on frees if they refuse to sign new contracts, but then you are a premier league club and have the rep to replace them with quality signings.

hace 7 horas, OTron dijo:

Of course - success is what we are all aiming for. 

Keeping the players that were complaining was what brought success. Once you are at the top sure you might lose a few guys on frees if they refuse to sign new contracts, but then you are a premier league club and have the rep to replace them with quality signings.

the tc is playing in the scottish league

Archived