Youth coaches vs senior coaches training for <18 y.o.

It's alot harder to find good coaches for U19 squad. If my senior coaches are alot better, won't my new 16-17 year olds train and develop alot better in the senior squad? I mean won't my promising youngsters be wasted in the U19 with crappier coaches than the senior squad?

I'm just afraid of wasting young promising talents in the youth squad with not so good coaches, for less good development. Thanks in advance!

If putting your youth squad in with your senior squad for development was only about quality of coaches, there could be an argument for doing this.  An excellent senior squad coach with a low Working with Youngsters rating will probably be better than a poor youth coach with high WWY.

But when you put youngsters in with the senior squad, everything else goes with it as well.  Your youngsters will use the same training program as your senior players - is that suitable?  Your youngsters will also be on the same match/rest/train cycle as your senior squad but they will be playing their matches on different days.  Not to mention potential hierarchy issues: will they settle in and combine well with the senior players?

And one further thing:

2 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

I'm just afraid of wasting young promising talents in the youth squad with not so good coaches, for less good development.

Players will continue to develop after they leave the youth squad and can develop really well.  They'll only be in the U18s for 2 years, after which they get promoted to the U23s (if playing in England for example) and at that point they'll be using the senior squad coaches anyway.

TL;DR - you could try it out if you like, just be aware of the pitfalls and keep a close eye on how things progress.

at that point they'll be using the senior squad coaches anyway. 

What about Spain? For example my reserves play in Segunda Division will they be trained by senior coaches too ?

Because I could hire some staff for B team but not many...and can't see the calendar for training or stars of training etc

4 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

What about Spain? For example my reserves play in Segunda Division will they be trained by senior coaches too ?

If I remember correctly, in Spain your club has it's youth team (U18s?  U19s?), then a B team, then your senior squad?

The B team is effectively a different club, so you'll effectively lose any control on development for any players you put into your B team (coaches are not shared) - unless there is an option to take charge.  Sorry, I haven't really played with a Spanish club for a while but unless things have changed recently you won't have any control.  Someone correct me if I'm not up to date with Spain.

Hmm so it's better to not have any players there? They will not have coaches?

I saw I have there some players like with contract but it's like contract without expiration date

I thought it would be beneficial to get the 2nd team to Segunda Division so I could train players at that level ;/

50 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

I thought it would be beneficial to get the 2nd team to Segunda Division so I could train players at that level ;/

It can be beneficial for the right players.  Sure you won't be able to set up training for those players, but that doesn't mean they won't develop - you just won't be able to influence things.

So it's probably ok to place players into the B team you aren't sure of or think they may only become good enough to be a squad or back up player, but for those few youngsters you have high hopes for I probably wouldn't put them into the B team for longer than a season (if at all).

I'll put my very best 16-17 y/o with the senior squad to train and be mentored and then specify them to play with the u18s for 16 y/o and the 17 y/o will play with u18 and u23.  Seems to work ok but I don't have a long term save yet.

Maybe I will keep there players who are from YA but will not become 1st team players just to be sure to have them in case of CL rules etc...

So it's better to play with team like in Premier League where they have U-23 team to develop players?

Is there any B-team that can have coaches like I saw somewhere maybe in Portugal or somewhere they can meet for example in Cup Final ?

48 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

So it's better to play with team like in Premier League where they have U-23 team to develop players?

Just play the team you want to play.  Players will develop regardless of where you are playing.

Archived