Huge amount of CA with Weaker Foot

if i raise weaker foot to 20 to certain players, leaving all other attributes unchanged, i see a huge amount of CA, like from 135 to 160. So does that mean the player will perform through and through as a 160CA guy, just for having a perfect weak foot?
Or is it just the CA system telling that with a 20/20 foot there is less empty space for the other attributes to fill?
Basically will i see the full strength of a 160CA player on the pitch, or is it just a "masked" CA? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Nikigreat said:

if i raise weaker foot to 20 to certain players, leaving all other attributes unchanged, i see a huge amount of CA, like from 135 to 160. So does that mean the player will perform through and through as a 160CA guy, just for having a perfect weak foot?
Or is it just the CA system telling that with a 20/20 foot there is less empty space for the other attributes to fill?
Basically will i see the full strength of a 160CA player on the pitch, or is it just a "masked" CA? Thanks!

Points in the weaker foot attribute directly contribute to CA. The player will have the same attributes as currently with a 135 CA but with the ability to use both feet, so will be better.

Well he is a 160 CA player now. His visible attributes will look the same as when he was 135 and he won't have as much room to improve them compared to his PA, but the trade off is he can use both feet which gives him more options on the ball when it comes to passing and shooting angles and crossing.

1 hour ago, Nikigreat said:

I understand what you are saying, but my point is, will he perform in every way as a 160CA player?

CA doesn't dictate how good a player is, just what their attributes are, what traits they have, etc, in an effort to balance the game. One 160 CA player isn't automatically as good as another one, it mostly comes down to attributes and traits, and being 2-footed takes away a lot of CA that might have otherwise increased the player's actual attributes.

It's down to your tactics, your team, and the player themselves as to whether a 2-footed Finishing 13 striker is as good as a "reasonable" weak-footed Finishing 17 striker.

Player preferred moves do not take up CA. Not all attributes cost CA either. Flair for example. 

- - -

There are a lot of things that can alter the way a player is that are completely unweighted, PPM's are one of these things. 

If the in-game editor or pre-game editor, whichever you're using, is telling you that after putting the player's weak foot up to 20 it means he now needs 160CA set as his current ability to retain the current attributes you've set once the game starts. If you leave it at 135 but he has the attributes to be 160 the player will quickly deteriorate down to 135. 

There's no real way to get the game to let you have a player who has all the attributes to be 160CA at 135CA. 

- - -

There's a reason why being pure double footed eats up a lot of CA, it will be incredibly effective. I'm not 100% certain with wording this, but first of all remember the gap between 1 and 20 of most attributes is not as big as you think it would be. But that score relates to the players stronger foot, so a midfielder who is 1 footed with a passing of 15 is going to be significantly worse on his weak foot by some magnitude. So an 11 passing, perfect with both feet midfielder is likely to have a whole lot more options and function a whole lot better. Particularly under pressure. 

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Apologies, I should have been clearer, I meant traits such as foot strength, etc, rather than PPMs.

Outside of attributes and positions the only item that contributes to CA is indeed weak foot. However, the impact of this is often exaggerated, it really isn't that large.

The ME guys would be better confirming this, but to my thinking the small amount of CA that improving a player's weak foot takes up would be more than made up for by in-match advantages.

On 16/01/2019 at 14:23, Seb Wassell said:

Outside of attributes and positions the only item that contributes to CA is indeed weak foot. However, the impact of this is often exaggerated, it really isn't that large.

The ME guys would be better confirming this, but to my thinking the small amount of CA that improving a player's weak foot takes up would be more than made up for by in-match advantages.

what about avoiding playing with weak foot is it taking CA? is it worth to teach a GK?

• SI Staff
On 18/01/2019 at 21:16, LukasZ_VCF said:

what about avoiding playing with weak foot is it taking CA? is it worth to teach a GK?

No, that is a Player Trait, which do not impact CA.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

so only tries to improve weaker foot takes it ?

Only actually improving a weaker foot consumes CA, not the Trait attached to attempting to do it.

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

Only actually improving a weaker foot consumes CA, not the Trait attached to attempting to do it.

So how can it be made? I have to ask him try to improve weaker foot and few times will it be available until after few of them he will get better foot ?

• SI Staff

So how can it be made? I have to ask him try to improve weaker foot and few times will it be available until after few of them he will get better foot ?

You set him up with a coach to work on developing his weaker foot. Once he acquires the Trait, 'attempts to develop weaker foot', he will then spend time improving his weak foot. There's only so far a player can improve his weak foot though.

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

You set him up with a coach to work on developing his weaker foot. Once he acquires the Trait, 'attempts to develop weaker foot', he will then spend time improving his weak foot. There's only so far a player can improve his weak foot though.

" attempts to develop weaker foot' " and at this point it takes CA?

• SI Staff

" attempts to develop weaker foot' " and at this point it takes CA?

No, only if he actually improves his weaker foot.

Edit - And it'll likely only take 1 or 2 CA points.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

and can he fail doing that?

Yes.

or how much time it could take like ?

It varies.

anyone know how much CA can it take like 1 or like 10 etc?

It'll likely only take 1 or 2 CA points.

Archived